• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

UberTag

Completely off topic...

I'm currently cuddling my 4 hour old daughter. Haven't named her yet - so she may be referred to as the Black Scorpion for the moment.
I'm tossing a vote in for Bayley. Congrats on the little bundle of joy, btw.

You'll need to add three more verses to the Twelve Days of Christmas so it works for her.
It will now be known as the Fifteen Days of Christmas and every verse will end with her name.

Completely off topic...

I'm currently cuddling my 4 hour old daughter. Haven't named her yet - so she may be referred to as the Black Scorpion for the moment.

Mr. Wrestling II Brown.
Sasha Brown.
Kana Brown.
Becky Brown.
Masked Superstar Brown.
Cuban Assassin Brown.
Tully Brown.
Arn Brown.
Tanahashi Brown.

Congrats on the arrival of #BIGMIKE Brown.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
anyone else watching CMLL?

god, CMLL has the worst taste in music. like AAA is mostly 80s power metal and CMLL is all early 2000s late 90s garbage rap and rap metal

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
CMLL is boring but
YdcgKjo.png

Erika is here so that makes up for it

Completely off topic...

Congrats! My son is 4 days old now. Sleeps well in the mornings but whinges all night >_<
Congrats to the both of you.

Browny, your Diva™ arrived just in time for Stephuary....Stephanie also sound like a great name for her. It's a name that symbolizes revolution and greatness.
TdtXqN1.gif

WWE better get that Ore-Ida sponsorship because I've been craving tater tots lately. Or "Potato Puffs" if I choose to go off brand/generic.

Hycran

Banned
Where is the best place to buy a Lucha Libre mask? I've decided I need one for a number of non-wrestling related reasons.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Where is the best place to buy a Lucha Libre mask? I've decided I need one for a number of non-wrestling related reasons.

Vigilante? Interesting role playing? Scare the kids? Halloween? Coming into work for a company that fired you unjustly?

Lucha masks are invaluable.

That sort of depends on what you're looking to do with it. Most of mine were purchased at little kiosks in Mexico and they're fine for display purposes but they're mostly made with a foam material in order to retain their shape. For wearing around I prefer a light breathable fabric so you may have to shop around a bit more.

shanafan

Got lucky. The company that I work for is working out a deal with another company for a document management system, and they found out that I watch wrestling, so they got me tickets for the WWE Live show on December 26. Row 5, main floor ground. I am told ringside, but we'll see!

I know Cena is coming back after Christmas, think he might return at this show to warm up?

Ultratech

From what I hear, going to Mexico and getting them there is probably the best place.

But barring that option, it's basically poking around on the internet/ebay/whatever.

And if you plan on wearing it for a long period of time, get something fairly breathable.

Got lucky. The company that I work for is working out a deal with another company for a document management system, and they found out that I watch wrestling, so they got me tickets for the WWE Live show on December 26. Row 5, main floor ground. I am told ringside, but we'll see!

I know Cena is coming back after Christmas, think he might return at this show to warm up?

Where is this live show? I know he's gonna be at the MSG show on that date, but there's one in Michigan too.

It's a real shame that Shawn gave his retirement rub to an old Undertaker who didn't need it, however good the match, rather than someone young who might have benefited.

Similarly, it's a shame it seems likely 'Taker's last ride will be against Cena, rather than someone who can benefit from it.

WWE seems to have a weird philosophy that you need to be "big enough" to retire someone, but if someone is a big enough legend, people will tune in for their retirement, regardless of who you put against them, and getting those eyes on a young guy is your best business move, no?

Hycran

Banned
Vigilante? Interesting role playing? Scare the kids? Halloween? Coming into work for a company that fired you unjustly?

Lucha masks are invaluable.

Your wedding? The birth of your first child? The divorce that follows? Lucha masks are timeless.

That sort of depends on what you're looking to do with it. Most of mine were purchased at little kiosks in Mexico and they're fine for display purposes but they're mostly made with a foam material in order to retain their shape. For wearing around I prefer a light breathable fabric so you may have to shop around a bit more.

Honestly? Mexico. I got a shit ton of 'em for $5 a pop when we went to Ensenada a couple years back. Didn't even have to haggle, and they were pretty good quality.

From what I hear, going to Mexico and getting them there is probably the best place.

But barring that option, it's basically poking around on the internet/ebay/whatever.

And if you plan on wearing it for a long period of time, get something fairly breathable.

I'm going to pull a shia lebouef at my school and see if anyone calls me on it. Since I am not going to mexico any time soon I'll try and find a decent one online.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You know, I think I finally figured out The Lapsed Fan:

It's a really good podcast until they actually start covering the show, and then it is just so so.

It's a really good podcast until they actually start covering the show, and then it is just so so.

Sounds like us. We're a great forum until Wrasslin' is on and the focus of the thread is on the show and we have to actually talk about wrestling.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lucha Underground season 2 has me excited about wrestling in a way that I haven't been excited about upcoming wrestling since Nitro was on the air. In like 97.

HBK gave the retirement rub to Owen Hart and his dastardly Enziguri in 1996, the greatest year of wrestling.

And he did it all by myself. No thanks for his dad or mom or his dear brother Bret! He did it! Him!
Sounds like us. We're a great forum until Wrasslin' is on and the focus of the thread is on the show and we have to actually talk about wrestling.

I'm only good when I talk about wrestling. Or Christmas Movies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm almost done with Nitro in 1997, I think I have about ten left. This last one was the one aired the week after Pillman died.

It's a pretty good year all in all, but it's so weird that the main feud all year has been Piper and Hogan...in 1997. Sting is coming to right all wrongs in December though. Plus only a few episodes ago Goldberg showed up and upset The Laughing Man Hugh Morris. The flock is starting to come along, Eddie has gone from a milquetoast babyface in a weird singlet to a jacked heel getting crazy heat without even doing anything dastardly. Alex Wright is a dancing fool and getting ready to team with Disco and Stevie Ray is out with a torn Achilles and Booker T has started his singles career.

I like long podcasts, but yeah, turns out if you're talking about any one specific topic for over 2 hours shit's going to get tedious after a while

Top Bottom