• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

somedevil

Where Owens was:

- WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens is reportedly very sick and that's why he missed last night's RAW in Pittsburgh.

Owens was sent home on Monday after he and his son, who was traveling with him this week, came down with an illness. Unless something changed, Owens will not be working tonight's SmackDown tapings but is expected back next week to continue his TLC feud with Dean Ambrose.

Hope he feels better

Kaladin

Only one man can save us now.

RfHO9qd.gif

Dion314

Neo Member
I love that Austin's podcasts have been on how terrible RAW is. All podcasts have essentially turn into this. No one's opinions matter. Vince is just gonna keep swinging his dick around.

ALL of them. I listen to podcasts at work and I heard at least 3 TODAY that shit all over everything. Vince and co. deserve it though.

Also lol at those SD spoilers.

People gonna be unhappy with SD

* SmackDown kicks off with Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and The Usos in the ring calling out the League of Nations. They come out and we get an eight-man main event for tonight. The New Day comes out and says The Usos and Ambrose have to fight them in order to be Reigns' partners in the main event

...* WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day defeated The Usos and Dean Ambrose when Xavier Woods pinned Jimmy Uso. Reigns will now be alone in the main event

That's OK, nobody watches Smackdown. I'm not even sure Vince knows Smackdown exists

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All the WWE ex wrestler podcasts that complain about the product are just appealing to the mark crowds and make them feel real good. "I feel the same way! I feel the same way Mick Foley feels!" Easy hits.

DMczaf

All the WWE ex wrestler podcasts that complain about the product are just appealing to the mark crowds and make them feel real good. "I feel the same way! I feel the same way Mick Foley feels!" Easy hits.

If they are so easy, why Vinny Mac keep on missing ?

SD

* SmackDown kicks off with Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and The Usos in the ring calling out the League of Nations. They come out and we get an eight-man main event for tonight. The New Day comes out and says The Usos and Ambrose have to fight them in order to be Reigns' partners in the main event
* Tyler Breeze defeated Neville with the Unprettier. Dolph Ziggler was on commentary
* Brie Bella defeated Becky Lynch by DQ when WWE Divas Champion Charlotte ran in and attacked Brie after Brie earlier knocked Charlotte down outside of the ring. Alicia Fox was also at ringside
* WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day defeated The Usos and Dean Ambrose when Xavier Woods pinned Jimmy Uso. Reigns will now be alone in the main event
* Bray Wyatt squashed Devon Dudley and pinned him after Sister Abigail. After the match, The Wyatt Family also beat down Tommy Dreamer and Bubba Ray Dudley, who were at ringside. They beat the ECW Originals up with kendo sticks and put Dreamer through a table
* Roman Reigns vs. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus, United States Champion Alberto Del Rio, Rusev and King Barrett in an Elimination Handicap match is next. Reigns ends up winning by count out. After the match, Sheamus hits Reigns with a Brogue Kick and out come The Usos with Ambrose. The babyfaces help Reigns fight off The League of Nations and stand tall to end SmackDown

People would just be complaining on here that DiBiase and Bossman got buried and became permanent mid-carders after their feuds with Hogan.

So this is what the Daniel Bryan story looks when there's an A+ player in the main role.
A lot of truth here.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
More WCCW coming up on the Network too. Yes!

They're going too far in the other direction with Reigns. Bryan was made to look like a chump FAR too often, but except for the cash-in, Reigns hasn't had any moments of real vulnerability, where it actually looked like he was being "held down" in any real way. I don't mind him being THE guy, the guy who will beat everybody else in a fair fight 95% of the time, because ultimately, somebody has to be that guy and he's got the best and most marketable look of anybody on the roster and has grown leaps and bounds as a wrestler, but even THE guy has to wrestle on the pretense that MAYBE he'll lose, otherwise there's no real suspense.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
New Jack hasn't been a master promo since 1994. His ECW promos were shit and he was just 'wild and crazy guy who jumped off stuff'

Real ass New Jack begins and ends at SMW because it felt real. They had text on the fucking screen telling your kids not to watch this shit when he came on. D'Lo Brown had a gun in a bag. New Jack threatened to pawn the SMW tag titles. That shit was real. ECW was comic book shit

Sad thing is, it's not trolling. They've rehashed a good chunk of Bryan's quest for the title with Roman already and he's the hand picked heir apparent to Cena's spot.

It's trolling to call Reigns an A+ player at this point. It's lazy trolling to do it while referring a storyline that was organic with Bryan, and anything but with Reigns.

They're going too far in the other direction with Reigns. Bryan was made to look like a chump FAR too often, but except for the cash-in, Reigns hasn't had any moments of real vulnerability, where it actually looked like he was being "held down" in any real way. I don't mind him being THE guy, the guy who will beat everybody else in a fair fight 95% of the time, because ultimately, somebody has to be that guy and he's got the best and most marketable look of anybody on the roster and has grown leaps and bounds as a wrestler, but even THE guy has to wrestle on the pretense that MAYBE he'll lose, otherwise there's no real suspense.

it's almost impossible to do that because we know in reality that he IS "the guy". Bryan worked because we knew that in reality the evil corporate masters really didn't want Bryan to succeed.

Time to start working the dirtsheets and say Vince has soured on Roman.

Dion314

Neo Member
It's trolling to call Reigns an A+ player at this point. It's lazy trolling to do it while referring a storyline that was organic with Bryan, and anything but with Reigns.

I getcha. I took it as more of a shot at their clusterfucked booking with their CHOSEN guy (or their so called A+ player) that the crowd hates.

Bryan getting OVER was organic but there's definitely some parallels with how they booked him during his run up to WM and how they're booking Reigns now. The difference of course being Reigns is in no way a sympathetic, underdog face like Bryan yet they won't stop booking him like he is.

I only started watching 2005. The only stuff I've seen of Dreamer is like One Night Stand stuff.

The Attitude Era was almost 20 years ago. It's time to let go.

its like when you frame it like that, it would be like giving a shit about stuff that happened in 1977 during the Montreal screwjob.

god...they really haven't done shit in all this time.

New Jack hasn't been a master promo since 1994. His ECW promos were shit and he was just 'wild and crazy guy who jumped off stuff'

Real ass New Jack begins and ends at SMW because it felt real. They had text on the fucking screen telling your kids not to watch this shit when he came on. D'Lo Brown had a gun in a bag. New Jack threatened to pawn the SMW tag titles. That shit was real. ECW was comic book shit

i like him in shoot interviews tho.

"YOU CUM BURPIN BITCH!"

lmao!

notworksafe

I getcha. I took it as more of a shot at their clusterfucked booking with their CHOSEN guy (or their so called A+ player) that the crowd hates.

Bryan getting OVER was organic but there's definitely some parallels with how they booked him during his run up to WM and how they're booking Reigns now. The difference of course being Reigns is in no way a sympathetic, underdog face like Bryan yet they won't stop booking him like he is.

This is what I meant. Reigns is booked as an A+ player who can overcome everything in his way to stand tall. It's the same storyline as Bryan except he wins every time instead of getting the shit kicked out of him every Monday.

SHIT SON

COURT BAUER SAYS LESNAR VS OWENS IS BEING DISCUSSED FOR MANIA

mXw54PG.gif

At first I was like "What has he ever predicted?" then it was pointed out that he tweeted that a Charlotte heel turn was being discussed yesterday before Raw.

Note that he also said today that he's heard that WWE/NXT has shown interest in bringing in Nakamura.

UberTag

If you ignore them then they go away imo.
just_don_t_look__54613.jpg

This is what I meant. Reigns is booked as an A+ player who can overcome everything in his way to stand tall. It's the same storyline as Bryan except he wins every time instead of getting the shit kicked out of him every Monday.
So what you're saying is that there's something fundamentally flawed with a program clearly booked around a single guy... who is depicted as an underdog... and yet never loses because everyone else on the roster has to make him look strong? Almost like it's contradictory and a self-fulfilling doomed to fail prophecy?

I don't know about that. I mean, that booking works for Rick Grimes on the most watched show in America. Why can't that work for Roman Reigns?

This is a difficult question because it's all animu shit and this is WrassleGAF. EDIT: Actually Deception IV isn't really animu, so that's something I guess.

But whatever, by the end of the week I'll have forgotten all about that shit since Yakuza 5 is definitely, positively, for sure this time coming out on Saturday
maybe

Oh Yakuza 5 is finally being released? I sort of gave up hope.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's been a lot of wrasslegaf as a hivemind speech in this OT.

I think we need to purge it and make a new one.

Aiii

So not worth it
Punk doesn't care about wrestling anymore and he made sure to fuck up the careers of those he left behind. Why would he want to go back to a locker room that hates him?

I do like how Punk is to blame for WWE's pettiness, somehow.

Top Bottom