• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Chuck Taylor vs Kikutaro is going to be a goddamn MOTYC contender, I'm certain. Also, Thatcher vs Marty should be interesting, their styles should mesh very well - the more flashy, Saint-esque escapology and joint manipulation vs someone well versed in the Lancashire catch style.

Why does PWG run in a bingo hall?

PWG have no desire to expand, simply put.

NoRéN

Also, pleasantly surprised at the quality of the crowd last night at PWG. Everyone was focused on one thing: the matches in the ring. No obnoxious fans trying to get themselves noticed unlike at Lucha Underground now. Guess I get to compare later today.

Been watching NJPW on AXS TV and I'm not sure if it's because of the US adaption, but it feels like almost no filler. Matches are exciting, wrestlers sell everything so well and there aren't really any gimmicks. I mean there are, but for some reason they don't feel nearly as cheesy as some of the shit in WWE right now.

British comedy requires too much work to make you laugh. Just gimme the funny now, instead of after a 15 minute monologue.

Darn it Beef, it's attention spans like yours which cause WWE to recap things ad nauseam!

On the other hand 20 minute monologues opening Raw on the regular must've had some effect.

Been watching NJPW on AXS TV and I'm not sure if it's because of the US adaption, but it feels like almost no filler. Matches are exciting, wrestlers sell everything so well and there aren't really any gimmicks. I mean there are, but for some reason they don't feel nearly as cheesy as some of the shit in WWE right now.

New Japan is basically...95 to 98 percent matches, 2 to 5 percent storylines/angles

PWG is just 100 percent matches

Both make WWE's cartoony story shit like Rusev/Summer/Lana/Dolph look even more embarrassing than it is

Into

Its gonna be Cena, surprise Bryan or Brock for the RR.

Because Reigns likely wont be in the Rumble, he will fight Sheamus for the title or defend it at Rumble.

There is literally nobody else on that roster that will be given even a fart of a consideration.

kJlXSrF.jpg

Also, sorry friends. MMA promotion SUPERKOMBAT just won Carny of the Year with the card that just finished up

Hycran

Banned
Imagine the reaction if Daniel Bryan was #30 and won. What if this whole injury thing was the ultimate work?

I know. Sorry.

Unless Daniel has found some miracle berries in the woods or has discovered a new form of acupuncture-cupping therapy, he is going to pull an Edge/SCSA and be permanently retired. It's not like he had a low impact style.

I think the WWE needs the kinds of meta-works that you are talking about in order to get some buzz in the media. It would be awesome if this was true and they detailed exactly how they fleeced everyone

We a month away from RR no possible winners rumored right now? Don't say Lord Sina

I expect Sheamus to win tomorrow and defend against Brock at the Rumble. Brock wins there and Reigns wins the Rumble after laying in a corner most of the match. Wrestlemania rematch. They are dead set on Reigns beating Brock.

tm24

NoRéN;188971694 said:
Also, pleasantly surprised at the quality of the crowd last night at PWG. Everyone was focused on one thing: the matches in the ring. No obnoxious fans trying to get themselves noticed unlike at Lucha Underground now. Guess I get to compare later today.
Iono man, hot tub guy is at both

Colocho

Banned
I expect Sheamus to win tomorrow and defend against Brock at the Rumble. Brock wins there and Reigns wins the Rumble after laying in a corner most of the match. Wrestlemania rematch. They are dead set on Reigns beating Brock.

It's this, or Roman wins the title from Sheamus at RR and Brock wins the rumble. Either way, Reigns will go over Lesnar clean at Mania, kickstarting WWE's darkest and most boring era since the Diesel days.

somedevil

Speaking of Bryan another quote from him on his future in the WWE:

"Because of my history with concussions, the WWE medical doctor wouldn't clear me. We're in the process of trying to figure out some compromise," Bryan said. "They keep sending me to do more tests, brain MRIs, brain EGs and all my tests have come back great to the point where my brain is better than someone my age with no concussion."

So they are basically going back and forth right now for some sort of compromise.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
HOG is actually a surprisingly good wrestler. It's just that being paired with Mideon made people think he sucked as well. Duke the Dumpster also has a pair of fantastic matches with HHH.

DMczaf

Speaking of Bryan another quote from him on his future in the WWE:

So they are basically going back and forth right now for some sort of compromise.

Meltzer said on the podcast today that he was offered an announcing or training job, and he declined.

He said Bryan is probably the only dude who will turn down over a million dollars a year to not wrestle, for the chance to wrestle for less than half of that on the indies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Look at it this way: The WWE is hard up for main event talent right now, yet they are scared shitless to let this guy back in the ring, despite doing business with almost everyone else, some of whom were in really rough shape. Something about his charts have them spooked.

Gonzalez

Banned
Look at it this way: The WWE is hard up for main event talent right now, yet they are scared shitless to let this guy back in the ring, despite doing business with almost everyone else, some of whom were in really rough shape. Something about his charts have them spooked.
Or maybe they are vindictive towards him because he threw a wrench into their Roman plans.

Top Bottom