• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

I really miss Daniel Bryan, but I don't want to watch him kill himself. Chris Benoit really did ruin wrestling for me. It has never been the same since.

I love Mick Foley, but he also does a real good job of making me hate the Attitude Era. :/

Caderfix

Well, maybe they could let DBryan come back, as long as he agrees to not do anything stupid. Just wrestles regular matches without taking stupid bumps and with a not so demanding schedule.

Well, maybe they could let DBryan come back, as long as he agrees to not do anything stupid. Just wrestles regular matches without taking stupid bumps and with a not so demanding schedule.

This was the compromise they made last time he came back from long injury. He confessed to it the week before Mania

And at Mania he responded by doing 20 headbutts on top of a ladder. 2 days later he did 5 more headbutts, and that was that

Well the women didn't appear to have hep this past week.

I don't know what's sadder. My uncle having me take him to score drugs, or a father taking his two kids with him to score drugs.

Well that's good, but always get tested if you aren't sure.

Probably a father, then again I don't know your uncle.

Look at it this way: The WWE is hard up for main event talent right now, yet they are scared shitless to let this guy back in the ring, despite doing business with almost everyone else, some of whom were in really rough shape. Something about his charts have them spooked.

This is a fair assessment, but at the same time, they are currently in a fairly substantial lawsuit by claimants arguing that WWE lets people wrestle through very serious injuries and robs them of their future health. Bryan might be in objectively great shape, but given his concussion history, as well as his middling drawing power for house shows and PPV buys, they might simply see the potential liability of a former (and still quite popular) Wrestlemania main eventer suffering a serious, debilitating injury in their ring as greater than what they stand to benefit from having him wrestle.

My guess would be that if this were three years ago, they'd let him back in with no problem, but they're having their doctors exercise utmost caution when it comes to head injuries.

Aiii

So not worth it
tumblr_inline_nysuw78cgA1rvlcq1_540.jpg

They both look like they want to murder me. Brie is going to passive aggressively talk down to me while I choke on poisoned organic tea. D-Bry is more likely to drown me in his own human waste from his compost toilet.

Regardless, these hippies are scaring me.

Chuck Taylor vs Kikutaro is going to be a goddamn MOTYC contender, I'm certain. Also, Thatcher vs Marty should be interesting, their styles should mesh very well - the more flashy, Saint-esque escapology and joint manipulation vs someone well versed in the Lancashire catch style.

PWG have no desire to expand, simply put.
Definitely want to see Kikutaro match.

Look at it this way: The WWE is hard up for main event talent right now, yet they are scared shitless to let this guy back in the ring, despite doing business with almost everyone else, some of whom were in really rough shape. Something about his charts have them spooked.

Tommy Dreamer must be working without a contract. That's the only way to explain why they use him and not Bryan. Dreamer said he can't even remember the year he got married.

somedevil

Tommy Dreamer must be working without a contract. That's the only way to explain why they use him and not Bryan. Dreamer said he can't even remember the year he got married.

Yep, he is under no contract. He still runs his own promotion which he wrestles in as well.

Its great Rey joined Lucha Underground but didn't he just injure himself recently?

Yep, he is under no contract. He still runs his own promotion which he wrestles in as well.

Its great Rey joined Lucha Underground but didn't he just injure himself recently?

He did. Unless it wasn't a major injury (doubtful considering he missed the show he was scheduled for and was on crutches backstage), he probably won't do more than backstage vignettes/stories and commentary until he heals.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
John Cena is literally too good of a person to be wrassling. One of the most sincere and honest people you'll ever hear on an interview.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm sure Rey was mostly going to be in a heavily protected spot and only make one or two appearances in LU. Maybe as a mentor to Fenix or something similar. Maybe hit a bump or two and that's it.

Kaladin

This Enzo promo on NXT this week is dope as fuck. Dude has that fire.

And it will be put out when he's called up.

I said it before, but the guy reminded me of Jay Briscoe with his serious promo. Plus he's already a more rounded promo than Jay.....he's going to be huge on the main roster.

DMczaf

The booking of Bayley as a champ has been pretty damn great.

A champ who wins matches, its so weird this concept works! wtf

Kaladin

The booking of Bayley as a champ has been pretty damn great.

A champ who wins matches, its so weird this concept works! wtf

A babyface champ that overcomes the odds week in and week out, even against corporate sabotage....gee, who could imagine that?

faSnEWs.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
John Cena isn't loved by a crowd? Someone should tell Vince. Seems like a huge waste of time and money to print merch for someone who isn't loved by fans.

Kaladin

Had no idea Enzo had a following here. I thought that promo was fuck awful and made zero sense.

Can you inagine if everyone in the roster came out on the same evening and delivered their "my family needs to eat" schtick? Everyone is trying to feed their family. Between Reigns and Enzo, i could not care less that they have to remind us of what everyone else is trying to do

What is the crowd supposed to think? "God i hope he wins, dude needs to feed his family!"

Um....Dash and Dawson injured Cass, and Enzo cut that promo because Cass is his family, and they fucked with his family so now play time is over and Enzo and Cass are going to deliver a serious ass whoopin'.

I think you missed that promo.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Roman Reigns should be a reminder to all of you how important it is that John Cena gets SOME kind of reaction from a crowd, good or bad. Roman should pretty much enforce what Cena said in that interview with Stone Cold about the worse thing being a crowd that doesn't care. That at least they're reacting to him.

Top Bottom