• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Luger has been gone since September but you can clearly see his Mad cap being shown on television lol

Luger had a rough go. They did actually get him quite over with the whole Lex Express, body slam tour thing, Made in the USA, et al. Then they try and extend the feud with him winning via DQ in a match where he knows he won't ever get a rematch...and then nothing. What star power he has left by Survivor Series is overshadowed by teaming him up with Taker and while the Royal Rumble crowd response is what truly did him in its not like they ever gave him a chance to be Hogan 2.0.

Nash gets the chance a little over a year later though so its not like his fate would have been much different.

Luger had a rough go. They did actually get him quite over with the whole Lex Express, body slam tour thing, Made in the USA, et al. Then they try and extend the feud with him winning via DQ in a match where he knows he won't ever get a rematch...and then nothing. What star power he has left by Survivor Series is overshadowed by teaming him up with Taker and while the Royal Rumble crowd response is what truly did him in its not like they ever gave him a chance to be Hogan 2.0.

Nash gets the chance a little over a year later though so its not like his fate would have been much different.
Read titan sinking if you haven't to hear the reactions to Luger not winning and how that SS DQ fucked up everything.

But it was Bret and a few more who advised Vince not to pull the trigger stating that he damn sure wasn't ready and he was moving too fast with him.

But at the same time America didn't want the stars and stripes anymore. He was DoA especially since he had no charisma like Hogan

Nash too was pushed too fast another thing Bret warned him about but Vince wanted his big guy. Hell, believe it or not he wanted to pull the trigger on Diesel earlier in the year.

NoRéN;189034112 said:
Kenny Omega vs. Will Osprey is my match of the year!!!

Can't wait for that.

More Bryan:

On a possible in-ring return: “Because of my history with concussions, the WWE medical doctor wouldn’t clear me. We’re in the process of trying to figure out some compromise. They keep sending me to do more tests, brain MRIs, brain EGs and all my tests have come back great to the point where my brain is better than someone my age with no concussion.”

klonere

Banned
In retrospect I really should've jumped on the chance to go with my wrasslin' buddy to Takeover, I just dislike going into London.

The hassle of flying and all that stuff kinda turned me off but it probably would have been well worth. Eh, the show itself is going to great either way so I'm not all that upset.

Judging from the fancam vids and reports the most over people are:

1. Bayley
2. JJ & Gable
3. Sami
4. Neville
5. Finn

Melina's salty about something.

@davemeltzerWON @WrestlingNewsCo the only reason U exist online is Bcuz U leach off Wrestlers who bust their asses to be where they're at.

@davemeltzerWON @WrestlingNewsCo How many bumps have you taken? How many injuries did you come back from to get back in that ring?

The tried and true "can't criticize if you don't do it yourself" argument. Never fails.

Marvel

could never
HOLY FUCK THE TRAILER FOR LU SEASON 2

ITS BACK BABY

Check out @LuchaElRey's Tweet: https://twitter.com/LuchaElRey/status/675867444724957185?s=09

Fuck yeah!

pmwRlS4.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If they wanted to be topical, Reigns should run at Sheamus and instantly get Brogue Kicked and pinned as soon as the bell rings.
McGregor's ripping off Sheamus's 18 second gimmick not the other way around

Question - on the very first ever lucha undeground show, there's a vignette that looks like it came from aaa's triplemania xxii (the one where dario throws loads of money on the floor and tells them to fight for him in america), but I just skipped through that show and I can't find the original promo.

Am I looking at the wrong show, was it never aired on telly, or did I just miss it?

klonere

Banned
Question - on the very first ever lucha undeground show, there's a vignette that looks like it came from aaa's triplemania xxii (the one where dario throws loads of money on the floor and tells them to fight for him in america), but I just skipped through that show and I can't find the original promo.

Am I looking at the wrong show, was it never aired on telly, or did I just miss it?

I think you are talking about the clip of Dario walking out at an AAA event, announcing Lucha Underground and asking for fighters. Something like that. I actually do not remember when this aired tbh.

I think you are talking about the clip of Dario walking out at an AAA event, announcing Lucha Underground and asking for fighters. Something like that. I actually do not remember when this aired tbh.

Yeah, that's the one. It feels like it's triplemania 22 to me, but I just skimmed through the show and can't find it (though it is a 4 hour show, so I may have missed it.

Anth0ny

If sheamus bro kicks Roman tonight and goes for the pin as soon as the bell rings he'd probably get a massive fucking pop

Funny how that works depending on the opponent and the timing

If sheamus bro kicks Roman tonight and goes for the pin as soon as the bell rings he'd probably get a massive fucking pop

actually they'd probably shout "you look stupid", because it's a TLC match and pins mean nothing

Hex

Banned

Brogue kick
Someone should pull the old handcuff to the turnbuckle gimmick in one of these ladder matches.

What does ROH get then? Is PWG that much if a deterrent to NXT?

PWG Cole is Best Cole

Also hope we get MOOSE in PWG.

Also what if this leads to NJPW guys in PWG

Actually a little bummed by this. They were making up for the loss of a few ROH guys with some cool global picks. This seems like more of a step back to neutral.

This seems like a way for ROH to not lose some people to WWE. Have people like Cole and O'Reilly signed simultaneously with ROH and PWG, and then it's harder to poach them

Jamie OD

It didn't air on AAA TV. It was only taped for LU.

klonere

Banned
Nope, the only thing preventing timely VOD access and more digital options is Highspots being a bunch of dicks.

Perhaps the archaic and non-instantaneous PWG VOD situation is the reason that ROH and others are happy enough to let their talent work these shows? As in PWG aren't competing with ROH PPVs or NJPW World or AAA PPVs because their shows only appear weeks later on DVD

Carnby

I've been listening to Observer radio shows for the past few weeks. I bought a one month subscription on Black Friday. I gotta say, it's the best wrestling radio show out there. I couldn't stand LAW because the hosts are whinny smarks who constantly cry "everything sucks!" Observer trashes WWE's quality but they don't dwell on it. They actually talk about other feds and such. Also, Dave is like a human wrestling encyclopedia. He's very knowledgeable.

Top Bottom