• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Jerm411

I'm not ready for Steph to shit on a good storyline tonight.

Hopefully Roman doesn't say a word...comes out periodically throughout the show and just destroys everyone, faces and heels.

Sadly he'll probably cut a goofy ass promo talking about HHH's Jelly Beans...

Hopefully Roman doesn't say a word...comes out periodically throughout the show and just destroys everyone, faces and heels.

Sadly he'll probably cut a goofy ass promo talking about HHH's Jelly Beans...
I was hoping he'd call primo Rock for some good lines to jab at Trips.

Also trips was involved the entire time on Rome.

Kaladin

So is it just me, or did they expose their cheap ass ladders last night? I always knew they weren't steal, but before they used ladders that actually bent like steal. These kinda sound like it, but when they split they splinter and the paint chips off and it looks like it could either be wood or plastic.

So is it just me, or did they expose their cheap ass ladders last night? I always knew they weren't steal, but before they used ladders that actually bent like steal. These kinda sound like it, but when they split they splinter and the paint chips off and it looks like it could either be wood or plastic.

They use those specific ladders to do moves onto.

I can't wait for the Roman/Steph promo its gonna be greahahahahahahaa

I want Haitch to be wheeled out in a comical full-body cast and just sit silently while Steph talks for him.

full-body-cast.jpg

Alucard

Banned
So, talking UFC a bit...did McGregor actually hit Aldo to make him go down, or did Aldo just trip? I don't see a punch landing that would make him drop. Maybe it's the camera angle.

Oh wait, there it is...

qQV8lNZ.gif

Ithil

The ladders are normally a light metal, the ones they're going to break are cut in two and have painted wood parts where they're supposed to split. It's usually obvious when there's a different coloured part in the middle.

JavyOO7

So, talking UFC a bit...did McGregor actually hit Aldo to make him go down, or did Aldo just trip? I don't see a punch landing that would make him drop. Maybe it's the camera angle.

Oh wait, there it is...

qQV8lNZ.gif

Connor took a nice shot too before Aldo went down. That could not have been fun...

Kaladin

The ladders are normally a light metal, the ones they're going to break are cut in two and have painted wood parts where they're supposed to split. It's usually obvious when there's a different coloured part in the middle.

Maybe they just rigged it better in the past? I've never seen wood chips after a ladder broke like we did last night.

Caderfix

Oh wait, there it is...

qQV8lNZ.gif

Why would you talk about a fake sport like MMA in a thread about professional wrestling, bro?

Aldo went guns blazing and screwed himself over, basically.

TLC made me want to go re-watch final battle 2012.

tumblr_nfsgtepSp11sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nfsjuyinNF1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nfsij5ZGOX1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nfshqc3cGi1sbzhteo1_400.gif

tumblr_nfshjdxwNs1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Speaking of Final Battle card looks stacked

Ring of Honor Wrestling Presents:
Final Battle '15 Live on Pay Per View
Friday, December 18th, 2015
2300 Arena - Philadelphia, PA
Doors open 7:30pm / 9pm Bell Time

**MAIN EVENT**
ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini vs. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
War Machine vs. The Kingdom w/ Maria Kanellis

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Bobby Fish vs Roderick Strong

GRUDGE MATCH
Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Reilly

SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
Alex Shelley, ACH & #Reborn Matt Sydal vs The Addiction & Chris Sabin

Dalton Castle vs Silas Young w/ The Boys

“Unbreakable” Michael Elgin vs Moose w/ Stokely Hathaway

#1 CONTENDERS TRIPLE THREAT TAG TEAM MATCH
The Young Bucks vs All Night Express vs The Briscoes

YouTube Exclusive

Ithil

Maybe they just rigged it better in the past? I've never seen wood chips after a ladder broke like we did last night.

I've seen them before. When Sin Cara went through a ladder that one time because he had to be written off for Wellness, there was sawdust all around.

What prompted to Adamle walking out thing? That was really weird.

And fucking lol at using Asuka as a barometer for taseful gear, she wears the weirdest shit

Kaladin

I've seen them before. When Sin Cara went through a ladder that one time because he had to be written off for Wellness, there was sawdust all around.

Sorry for the quality, went hunting for it on youtube and this is what I got.

Kqa1t6R.jpg

I see it, but not as bad as last night's was.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What prompted to Adamle walking out thing? That was really weird.

And fucking lol at using Asuka as a barometer for taseful gear, she wears the weirdest shit

She looks dressed like a non-denominational Christmas ornament mixed with a twentysomething's first bed set. It's so weird.

The funniest shit was when Sheamus put reigns through the ladder and JBL screamed "SHEAMUS KNOWS WHAT THAT FEELS LIKE, HE WENT THROUGH A LADDER ONCE AND WAS OUT FOR A FEW MONTHS REMEMBER?!"

That happened to sin cara JBL.

Hex

Banned
This has probably already been discussed, but Roman's attacking Triple H didn't make much sense to me, just like him spearing him at Survivor Series. Triple H hasn't done anything to Roman in months. Roman is coming off as a dirtbag.

The gist is that HHH set Sheamus on him since Roman did not take the deal

Penguin

The funniest shit was when Sheamus put reigns through the ladder and JBL screamed "SHEAMUS KNOWS WHAT THAT FEELS LIKE, HE WENT THROUGH A LADDER ONCE AND WAS OUT FOR A FEW MONTHS REMEMBER?!"

No it happened to Sheamus as well.. wasn't that why he was out last year and came back with his current look?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait. TLC was last night? Anything worth watching?

I liked Sheamus vs Roman, Ambrose vs Owens, but especially watch New Day vs Lucha Dragons vs Usos. Great match and a ton of fun once it got going.

Fox318

Well, they didn't do that spot, but it would result in nobody getting over, which is pretty much WWE's way of booking.

Wouldn't be a spectacle finish that gets out of needing a dq and showing that either guy could win?

Kind of like that brock big show smackdown match

Kaladin

If anyone was planning on seeing the Will Ferrell-Mark Wahlberg comedy "Daddy's Home", don't read this wrasslin' related spoiler:

John Cena has a cameo at the close of the new Will Ferrell-Mark Wahlberg comedy "Daddy's Home" where it is revealed that after the stars have battled to show which of them is the better dad to a pair of children, John Cena is actually the father.

My thoughts:
How bad is it that the whole point of your movie is reduced to a LOL CENA WINS joke?

Ithil

¡HarlequinPanic!;189176231 said:
main event over in 13 seconds smh.

wwe wouldn't do that to paying customers. we always get our #9.99 worth!

There was more fun in the 13 seconds than in the 25 minutes of mindless table spots. The post-match was something, but that whole TLC match was so boring. The crowd didn't help but it was just spot-spot-spot with no rhyme or reason. They didn't even try to go for the belt until the last two minutes of the match.
The tag title match was all spots, too, but they were constantly going for the belts and getting into spots as a result, it made sense. The TLC was like a video game match, they just walked around the arena, hitting the context sensitive button near tables and chairs.

Fox318

If anyone was planning on seeing the Will Ferrell-Mark Wahlberg comedy "Daddy's Home", don't read this wrasslin' related spoiler:

John Cena has a cameo at the close of the new Will Ferrell-Mark Wahlberg comedy "Daddy's Home" where it is revealed that after the stars have battled to show which of them is the better dad to a pair of children, John Cena is actually the father.

My thoughts:
How bad is it that the whole point of your movie is reduced to a LOL CENA WINS joke?

Like Cena would ever have kids.

Ithil

It happened to Sheamus in a MITB a few years ago too, he tore his shoulder doing it and missed like six months.

My thoughts:

HOLY SHIT. Kind of want to see this now.

She looks dressed like a non-denominational Christmas ornament mixed with a twentysomething's first bed set. It's so weird.

The Joshi guys might know better than I, but holy shit she's worn some off the wall shit over the years. I remember her wearing some Power Ranger get up, Zombie Cop get up, etc etc etc.

And I'll never get that thong over the shorts thing. That's just weird.

shanafan

Curious guys.. I have read about the concussion that Triple H suffered against Curtis Axel back in the spring of 2013. Was it a real injury?

"extremely competent adventure movies"

Oh man, people have such low standards for film these days. As expected, Star Trek looks like dumb trash. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, trashy films are great, I just find it amusing that anyone tries to pretend Abrahms' Trek is anything greater than that.

All over that wXw show, Zack Daddy vs Sekimoto & Dieter Jr. should be worth the price of admission.

Kaladin

"extremely competent adventure movies"

Oh man, people have such low standards for film these days. As expected, Star Trek looks like dumb trash. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, trashy films are great, I just find it amusing that anyone tries to pretend Abrahms' Trek is anything greater than that.

All over that wXw show, Zack Daddy vs Sekimoto & Dieter Jr. should be worth the price of admission.

Star Trek movies were always big damn adventures that were mostly popcorn flicks. Wrath of Khan was like the only exception.

They saved the intelligent story telling for TV.

kiguel182

The ending of TLC was good in a vaccum. But the truth is it didn't make sense for Roman to beat HHH like that. HHH didn't do anything to him. He maybe (MAYBE) distracted him for Sheamus to cash in but that's it. And now he gives him a giant beatdown.

But people loved it so it's good I guess. I think, again, WWE doesn't know how to set up stuff. The spots are great but there's no rime or reason for it. And it just doesn't work for me.

Top Bottom