• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Ithil

In theory it would mean Reigns is going all crazy anti-hero instead of smarmy Cena-lite. But they were still selling it like he was just getting "payback" or whatever so I doubt anything will change.

Kaladin

Triple H backed Sheamus for being the champ after Roman refused his deal.

Sure, Triple H had nothing to do with the League Of Nations interfering and screwing Roman out of the TLC match, but Triple H is the reason Sheamus cashed in when he did.

Roman sees all of the screw jobs he's suffered as being Triple H's fault.

It's not that difficult.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Joshi guys might know better than I, but holy shit she's worn some off the wall shit over the years. I remember her wearing some Power Ranger get up, Zombie Cop get up, etc etc etc.

And I'll never get that thong over the shorts thing. That's just weird.

I'd like to say lots of dudes used to do this, but I can't find any proof. Some weird 80s thing.

She's a throwback in a way. Super cool. She looks like a sub-boss in a fighting game.

I figured the wooden ladder thing was common knowledge since Christian vs Shelton Benjamin a good 5 years ago.

Oh so anyway, PPV was pretty much as expected, the main event was really close to my prediction from the TLC thread right down to moving awkwardly from spot to spot with extended down time, except there was no Barrett, why was there no Barrett?

Kallisto's ladder spot was dope.

Caderfix

The ending of TLC was good in a vaccum. But the truth is it didn't make sense for Roman to beat HHH like that. HHH didn't do anything to him. He maybe (MAYBE) distracted him for Sheamus to cash in but that's it. And now he gives him a giant beatdown.

Like someone said before in this thread, it actually made Roman look like he can't handle a loss. I didn't like it, unless he just snapped and is turning into a heel that is a menace to everyone. I would actually like that, so I don't think it is the case.

klonere

Banned
So what do you think will be the new SmackDown team with their recent hire?

Actually, who calls SmackDown now?

nJSzuwD.jpg

Fox318

The ending of TLC was good in a vaccum. But the truth is it didn't make sense for Roman to beat HHH like that. HHH didn't do anything to him. He maybe (MAYBE) distracted him for Sheamus to cash in but that's it. And now he gives him a giant beatdown.

But people loved it so it's good I guess. I think, again, WWE doesn't know how to set up stuff. The spots are great but there's no rime or reason for it. And it just doesn't work for me.
Roman could just say to him: "What kind of shit promotion do you run here? Is this what you want your champion to be?"

kiguel182

Triple H backed Sheamus for being the champ after Roman refused his deal.

Sure, Triple H had nothing to do with the League Of Nations interfering and screwing Roman out of the TLC match, but Triple H is the reason Sheamus cashed in when he did.

Roman sees all of the screw jobs he's suffered as being Triple H's fault.

It's not that difficult.

HHH went to the ring to shake is hand and then Sheamus cashed in.

Then one month later Roman almost kills the man. It's a big overreaction.

It's not a proportional response at all.

kiguel182

Like someone said before in this thread, it actually made Roman look like he can't handle a loss. I didn't like it, unless he just snapped and is turning into a heel that is a menace to everyone. I would actually like that, so I don't think it is the case.

If he snaps and goes full crazy mode I'm cool with it. But "normal" Roman doing that just doesn't make sense.

"Sheamus cheated so I'm going to beat the living hell of HHH because he might have helped Sheamus cashed in a month ago". It just doesn't work for me.

Toki767

HHH hasn't actually done anything to Roman since like...Rollins was around. It's just constantly been HHH trying to act like a professional and Roman just constantly attacking him. It's really stupid storytelling but the crowd pops for it so I guess Vince thinks he did his job.

Gonzalez

Banned
If anyone was planning on seeing the Will Ferrell-Mark Wahlberg comedy "Daddy's Home", don't read this wrasslin' related spoiler:

John Cena has a cameo at the close of the new Will Ferrell-Mark Wahlberg comedy "Daddy's Home" where it is revealed that after the stars have battled to show which of them is the better dad to a pair of children, John Cena is actually the father.

My thoughts:
How bad is it that the whole point of your movie is reduced to a LOL CENA WINS joke?

Does Cena's music hit when he's revealed as the father?

Sephzilla

The ending to TLC did nothing for me in terms of getting me behind Roman. HHH really hasn't done anything wrong to Roman outside of wanting an employee to work with the boss. Roman just came off as a sore loser.

kiguel182

HHH hasn't actually done anything to Roman since like...Rollins was around. It's just constantly been HHH trying to act like a professional and Roman just constantly attacking him. It's really stupid storytelling but the crowd pops for it so I guess Vince thinks he did his job.

The ending to TLC did nothing for me in terms of getting me behind Roman. HHH really hasn't done anything wrong to Roman outside of wanting an employee to work with the boss. Roman just came off as a sore loser.

Thankfully I'm not the only one that thinks this.

But the crowd loved it so it's working for the majority it seems.

Recall

So why can't Reigns muster the talent to last 2 segments. The ladder match was shit and it was obvious he was more concerned with what was coming after.

Where is the actual talent?

Anth0ny

the crowd loved it because he was beating up someone who is over

everyone else he beats up is a fucking geek

if he inexplicably beat up cena, brock or undertaker the crowd would pop for that too

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
APPLEDOUGH INTENSIFIES

CWM8_MIVEAEvf4H.jpg

We still need Lord Sina to get that title record from Flair. I still think that story needs to be told, and honestly, he deserves it. There's no harder working man in wrestling than Tomasso Ciampa.

Toki767

So why can't Reigns muster the talent to last 2 segments. The ladder match was shit and it was obvious he was more concerned with what was coming after.

Where is the actual talent?

HHH was the actual talent in that last segment. Sold like hell (and even kept giving Reigns instructions lol)

Ithil

No injures from the tag ladder match or TLC, it seems. Reigns nearly snapped his leg in two coming off the ladder into the ropes, and Kalisto probably has splinters in his behind, but it seems the worst came for Sheamus, there's pics of him covered in cuts and bruises.

We still need Lord Sina to get that title record from Flair. I still think that story needs to be told, and honestly, he deserves it. There's no harder working man in wrestling than Tomasso Ciampa.

Well said, friend.

Frick that drunk old fart. Lord Sina needs to get the record, then get the hell away from this carny business.

Caderfix

I think people are just glad Roman is not just Cena again, you know? That little twist seemed to make a difference and give people hope regarding his character.

I don't like the angle and don't think it's going to work, as it doesn't fit, like you said, but I can understand why others liked it.

kiguel182

No injures from the tag ladder match or TLC, it seems. Reigns nearly snapped his leg in two coming off the ladder into the ropes, and Kalisto probably has splinters in his behind, but it seems the worst came for Sheamus, there's pics of him covered in cuts and bruises.

Sheamus did awesome work yesterday.

I wish they would book him like a beast instead of this coward heel.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't know if it was because I just want the Sheamus era to end quickly and without incident, but I was very much rooting for Reigns to win last night. I think a lot of it was how expected a screwy, faction-arrives finish is. Especially in combination with "Reigns faction doesn't give a fuck." I mean, they set it up that Ambrose was planning to show up to celebrate in the ring, but instead he wasn't even there during a no-DQ match while his friend got his ass handed to him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Two things I thought I would never say in a span of 24 hours:

My respect for both HHH and Shawn Michaels went up exponentially. The latter, I have to say, I never liked but that's another story.

Re: HHH, it's obvious that he cares about Roman and continues to want to see growth there for the guy. I have to tell you guys something: as "fans", we see someone, we know he's not there, we shit on him. Leaders make a call when they see something others don't and they provide a platform for said people to succeed and continue doing what they can to invest in that person.

Last night was HHH investing in Reigns by putting his body on the line. There is nothing else that needs to be said here by me. and Reigns, Reigns keeps taking it on the chin and showing up. That is commendable. That deserves some respect.

Storywise, the moment went really well. Reigns needs to stop the surfer dude smile and gesture at the end though. Dude lost his mind then went back to the shtick. If he is going to act angry, he needs to remain so until he walks right back behind that curtain.

Great post about management. A+

I kind of liked his shit at the end as well. Felt like it fit his outburst. It felt like he was doing it in a shitty way.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think my favorite part was seeing the insane whiplash reaction between:

"FUCK THIS COMPANY BOOKING OWENS LIKE A CHUMP TO LOSE CLEAN!" while simultaneously saying "FUCK THIS COMPANY WITH ITS 50-50 BOOKING" when Owens dropped the title to the most over full-time star in the company whose been a main eventer for over a year.

Mahonay

Banned

"FUCK THIS COMPANY BOOKING OWENS LIKE A CHUMP TO LOSE CLEAN!" while simultaneously saying "FUCK THIS COMPANY WITH ITS 50-50 BOOKING" when Owens dropped the title to the most over full-time star in the company whose been a main eventer for over a year.
Lol I thought him dropping the belt to Ambrose was completely ok. I liked that ending a lot.

Also it was one of those "fluke pins", they booked it well enough.

Edit: I'm also hoping this means Owens gets moved onto something more interesting.

Sephzilla

I think more people were upset by how Owens/Ambrose ended more so than the fact that Owens lost. And honestly, get Owens away from that cursed belt.

Top Bottom