• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Caderfix

I think my favorite part was seeing the insane whiplash reaction between:

"FUCK THIS COMPANY BOOKING OWENS LIKE A CHUMP TO LOSE CLEAN!" while simultaneously saying "FUCK THIS COMPANY WITH ITS 50-50 BOOKING" when Owens dropped the title to the most over full-time star in the company whose been a main eventer for over a year.

I'm ok with Owens losing the belt, because he'll probably have a serious feud with Dean, and that would be very entertaining. Also, I think his push to the main event was triggered when he lost last night.

I appreciated ambrose exposing the pop up powerbomb as the dumb fuck move it is

jBcPqoc.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People I would enjoy watching win the Rumble:

Lord Sina
Either of the Ascension
Ambrose
Rusev

People I would not enjoy seeing win the Rumble:
Del Rio (I love you, but I wouldn't want it again)

It's weird, when the Rumble had 2 different championship options, it really made it feel like anyone could win, because someone could challenge for the WHC instead and it wasn't a foregone conclusion. I wouldn't mind some different stips coming to the Rumble so it's more of a wildcard and could have legit surprises, like the Rumble winner gets a damn ticket or some shit and if he or she loses a match on the Road to Wrestlemania, they lose the ticket. That way you can spice it up a little.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The match was fine, even if I thought it was the worst KO match since he showed up in WWE. The problem to me seemed like a difference in skill. Ambrose hasn't been able to commit to the crazy guy moveset the way I'd like. Instead he does the same signature spots over and over which doesn't come off like a crazy guy at all. I still can't envision how KO/Zayn isn't the idea going forward into WrestleMania.

I really have no idea where Lesnar fits into all this because obviously he's coming back for the Rumble, but there's nobody for him to fight. I mean, I guess John Cena's not doing anything, but we already established he can eat Cena for breakfast.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
KO would work great with Roman for a while. They both can learn a lot between the two and put on some good shit.

Fox318

Lord Sina
Either of the Ascension
Ambrose
Rusev

It's weird, when the Rumble had 2 different championship options, it really made it feel like anyone could win, because someone could challenge for the WHC instead and it wasn't a foregone conclusion. I wouldn't mind some different stips coming to the Rumble so it's more of a wildcard and could have legit surprises, like the Rumble winner gets a damn ticket or some shit and if he or she loses a match on the Road to Wrestlemania, they lose the ticket. That way you can spice it up a little.

man that would be amazing

Toki767

So does HHH show up on Raw tonight? I mean, I do imagine part of the reason they did this angle was because he needs to head to the UK.

They will kill this angle so badly if Stephanie gets on the mic though.

Mahonay

Banned

Lord Sina
Either of the Ascension
Ambrose
Rusev

michael-scott-no.gif

I have no idea who I want to win the Rumble this year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
michael-scott-no.gif

I have no idea who I want to win the Rumble this year.

That's kind of the weird spot I'm in though - there's not one singular person I feel SHOULD win it. I have no idea. And that doesn't make it especially compelling. Yknow, the other year I was all in balls deep on Bateaster. That was the last time I felt strongly about it.

Ithil

So does HHH show up on Raw tonight? I mean, I do imagine part of the reason they did this angle was because he needs to head to the UK.

They will kill this angle so badly if Stephanie gets on the mic though.

Roman does a long promo to open RAW.
"ROMAN YOU ATTACKED MY HUSBAND YOU'RE SUSPENDED GET OUT OF MY RING"
Roman leaves. Comes back and super manpunches Sheamus at the end of the show.

They wonder why he's not over like the end of TLC.

Recall

I wouldn't be surprised if they keep Roman on the Daniel Bryan path to the point where he has to beat HHH to get into the main event at Mania.

The answer is Lesnar

It's too soon for a repeat of the same story, they can surely come up with something else, right?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think the thing they exposed last night was that Roman does not have X-Pac Heat; its pretty much entirely the way he's scripted. Ass-kicking short fused Roman is probably calculated to get over.

Angry Grimace

Have you not watched the last 5 years, the IC champ means you're a jobber with extra carry weight.

They sort of tried to elevate them at last year's Mania, but then they gave it to the Ryback.

All roads lead to Sina vs. Reigns.

I would mark out if Cena came out and told Reigns that what he did was unacceptable because hustle loyalty respect and Reigns told him to piss off and Speared him.

Fox318

People who I would want to win the rumble

Brock
Sami Zayn
Cesaro
Kevin Owens

Honestly I have no idea who else would even be a good fit.

Toki767

I still think they'll do Reigns vs Lesnar.

Along with Cena vs Taker.

Cena vs Taker is like...the one match they haven't done since Cena became the top star.

Kaladin

The Royal Rumble makes me miss the brand split the most, then it was really anyone's game. They took more chances with whatever belt was on Smackdown than they did Raw.

notworksafe

God I hope not. Like I said last night, the "Reigns underdog" angle is just the worst to me personally.

It would be so much damn fun watching Brock win the Rumble be he's not the guy who needs that rub.

I'm mainly looking at it from a "it'd be cool to see him toss dudes out like sacks of potatoes" angle but it really would lead to a lame match at WM I suppose. Problem is I don't see any other option that WWE would go with...except maybe Reigns overcoming the odds from #1

Angry Grimace

I still think they'll do Reigns vs Lesnar.

Along with Cena vs Taker.

Cena vs Taker is like...the one match they haven't done since Cena became the top star.

I think there's a really low chance that they set up the main event to be the exact same one as last year when it wasn't over last year. Cena and Rock is a way different story than Lesnar and Reigns because Cena/Rock are way more marketable characters in general.

People who I would want to win the rumble

Brock
Sami Zayn
Cesaro
Kevin Owens

Honestly I have no idea who else would even be a good fit.

I think Cena will win it and they'll set up the Ric Flair storyline. Cena/Lesnar is the safest choice they could go with, but Cena/Reigns would be really amusing to me, especially if they, as I assume they will, just forget about Reigns doing crazy shit at TLC.

Toki767

I think there's a really low chance that they set up the main event to be the exact same one as last year when it wasn't over last year. Cena and Rock is a way different story than Lesnar and Reigns because Cena/Rock are way more marketable characters in general.

About as low of a chance as them messing up the Rumble 2 years in a row, let alone 3 years in a row?

Heel

I look forward to the pro wrestling crowd learning to hate Mauro Ranallo just as any seasoned MMA or boxing fan has learned to over the last half decade or more.

Mama mia, my man.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm mainly looking at it from a "it'd be cool to see him toss dudes out like sacks of potatoes" angle but it really would lead to a lame match at WM I suppose. Problem is I don't see any other option that WWE would go with...except maybe Reigns overcoming the odds from #1
I can see Brock just tossing guys left and right in the Rumble until Owens sneaks in from behind to push him out. Sets up that Lesnar/Owens Mania' idea.

Angry Grimace

About as low of a chance as them messing up the Rumble 2 years in a row, let alone 3 years in a row?

Daniel Bryan messed it up, though. That's not even a joke, fan insistence that the only wrestler allowed to be over and win anything is Daniel Bryan made it awkward.

Ithil

Daniel Bryan messed it up, though. That's not even a joke, fan insistence that the only wrestler allowed to be over and win anything is Daniel Bryan made it awkward.

That's why Ambrose, Ziggler, Bray (who you know eliminated Bryan), Sandow, Rusev and co were all booed at the Rumble, right?

The booking of the 2015 Rumble was the worst I've ever seen.

Kane and Big Show teaming up to eliminate all your buds
Reigns beating them, oh wait Rusev is still here
Lol n/m Reigns won thanks to his cousin

I wish they would bring the brand and touring split back. With the NXT guys ready to be called up and smackdown being live you could have two stacked rosters. With the WWE network you could also have more PPV events specific to each brand as people will watch for only 10 bucks a month.

It makes too much sense, it allows more guys to have a chance and most importantly it relegates Cena to one brand so those of us who hate him can watch the other brand.

Kaladin

I want someone to win the Rumble one year and say:

"As much as the title means to me, I don't want it this year. I want a dream match. Make it happen."

It would make for a compelling story behind why they wanted the match so bad they'd give up winning the belt at Mania, and it would put over the feud as being important, and the guy they want to challenge as being important.

I want someone to win the Rumble one year and say:

"As much as the title means to me, I don't want it this year. I want a dream match. Make it happen."

It would make for a compelling story behind why they wanted the match so bad they'd give up winning the belt at Mania, and it would put over the feud as being important, and the guy they want to challenge as being important.

They teased this with Shawn/Undertaker 2 that if Shawn won he would get his rematch with Taker. Reigns should do this and challenge Brock.

Caderfix

That's why Ambrose, Ziggler, Bray (who you know eliminated Bryan), Sandow, Rusev and co were all booed at the Rumble, right?

People will always act as if Bryan was the only option, even though the crowed supported many others during the match.

Top Bottom