• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
As though Rusev is going to be at WrestleMania in a capacity that isn't "potential winner of the jobber rumble" or "6 man tag participant."

Although, now that I think about it, it's kind of a problem though: they don't really have enough guys to put on 4 hours of programming with Orton, Rollins, Bryan, etc. out. I mean, you can't really take your top 5 guys and set them all up in matches with random members of the League of Midcarders. I guess you have a Cena match, an Undertaker match, a Lesnar match, an Ambrose match, an Owens match, a Reigns match, but in all likliehood some of these guys have to fight each other.

Ithil

Remember when Rey got booed simply for being number 30? And not being precious sweet gumdrop Daniel Bryan?

The hottest face in the company wasn't in the Rumble. Damn those fans for wanting their favourite guy. Clearly they are in the wrong for some reason.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why is that a bad thing? Fans want their favourites.

I didn't realize people should stomp their feet and boo anyone that's not their favorite. That's good to know. Let the loudest group control the direction and force everyone to go their way.
The hottest face in the company wasn't in the Rumble. Damn those fans for wanting their favourite guy. Clearly they are in the wrong for some reason.

I can't believe Rey politicked away Daniel Bryan's spot. What an asshole. Everyone is trying to keep my favorite Daniel Bryan down! I'll make sure to get all my friends to hijack every chant this crowd has going to make sure I get my way!

Recall

I didn't realize people should stomp their feet and boo anyone that's not their favorite. That's good to know. Let the loudest group control the direction and force everyone to go their way.

Or the WWE do what they want regardless and made an oversight, like always.

You seem so angry at those who liked Daniel Bryan.

WWE's greatest successes have always been generated by fluke.

Ithil

I can't believe Rey politicked away Daniel Bryan's spot. What an asshole. Everyone is trying to keep my favorite Daniel Bryan down! I'll make sure to get all my friends to hijack every chant this crowd has going to make sure I get my way!

You are literally arguing that the crowd is wrong to like a performer more than they like others.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So basically the match was booked fine if they announced in advance that Bryan wasn't in the match.

They were idiots if they thought Bryan doing a stretcher job in the opening match would stop fans expecting him the Rumble - it looked for the world like they were stacking the deck for a surprise entrance, they got exactly the reaction they deserved by sending Rey out there.

Toki767

But WWE's own logic is that Reigns gets cheered at house shows so they need to push him. Why does that same logic not apply to Bryan when he gets cheered at TV shows?

Recall

I can't wait until a few years down the line where we have people defending the 2014 and 2015 rumbles, which were poorly paced and worked matches.

Caderfix

Wow, real salt over a crowd reacting to bad booking during a rumble match and, above all else, over the fan's reaction.

They didn't want just Bryan, they cheered for many others, then horrible booking happened and they booed everyone else. It's just that.

This whole thing against crowds enjoying themselves - Sorry, putting themselves over - and FORCING WWE to do something is bad.

The story was Bryan vs the authority.

He had people eating out of his hands.

SEj3OoR.gif

Him not in the rumble was dumb

It's too soon for a repeat of the same story, they can surely come up with something else, right?

It's never too soon for anything in wrestling. Examples: Brock becoming the youngest champ ever, bolting for a failed NFL run, and them immediately making Orton becoming the youngest champ ever

AJ setting a Divas champ record, and then the immediate next champ after breaking it despite having major injuries just because they didn't want AJ to have the record anymore because PUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toki767

The last two Rumbles had nothing memorable happen other than the crowd rejecting the match.

Even the year Del Rio won was more memorable for them trying to act like Santino had a shot.

Sephzilla

They teased this with Shawn/Undertaker 2 that if Shawn won he would get his rematch with Taker. Reigns should do this and challenge Brock.

When Shawn said that Taker was World Heavyweight Champ though. Then Shawn didn't win the Rumble and cost Taker the title in order to get Taker pissed enough to fight him again.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Remember when Rey got booed simply for being number 30? And not being precious sweet gumdrop Daniel Bryan?

Well yeah, they excluded their #1, prime star from the Rumble. They expected Brian. Literally anyone other than Bryan would've been booed at that point.

So basically the match was booked fine if they announced in advance that Bryan wasn't in the match.

Didn't a then-fresh Wyatt go over Bryan clean that night as well? Booking wise, that made perfect sense in the event of Bryan winning the rumble and the title at mania, because there would be an instant feud with another up and comer. Could have made two new stars out of that (or newish in Brine's case).

But nope. Title on Bryan only after a massive outcry from fans followed by an immediate program with Kane in 2014. And Wyatt still reeks of appledough to this day.

The story was Bryan vs the authority.

He had people eating out of his hands.

SEj3OoR.gif

You fucking book that but you don't have him win the Rumble? They wrote everything for him to win that Rumble and then not win the Rumble. That's like making Greedo the guy who blows up the Death Star at the end of Star Wars. That's like Ghost Rider being the guy to save New York at the end of Avengers.

If you're not gonna complete the story that was obviously written starting at Summerslam, then don't fucking do it at all. You wonder why crowds went into "business for themselves"? Gimmick harder you PRICKS.

What I'm basically saying is...
Roman should win the title at Mania.

I'm pissed now

UoelY8z.gif

This is a really good idea. I'd pop for that for sure!

You could have the Taker/Maven arena brawl, except Owens surprises everyone - including Lesnar - by holding his own. A new rivalry born and some credibility given to Owens as a contender against god king Bork! Perfect.

Instead, a week before Mania Paul Heyman will just announce it in a promo or something and 'creative' will have one Raw to build heat.

Top Bottom