• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

jmdajr

Imagine if Cena permanently left? It's all pretty amusing but unless that happens the ship ain't going down.

History is going to look a lot more kindly on Punk and his time in wrestling than most of you here seem to.

Right now Punk looks like someone who saw the writing on the wall and made a smart move. I imagine there are a ton of guys who would do the same if they could get the same deal he has.

klonere

Banned
Imagine if Cena permanently left? It's all pretty amusing but unless that happens the ship ain't going down.

God if Cena left right now...it's hard to even conceive the impact that would have on the company. He is EVERYTHING right now.

thefro

Hearing that there's talk of Owens vs Bork at Mania.

Man bros, I just.....I just can't see it. For some reason my suspension of disbelief breaks down when I think of those two facing off in anything but a squash match.

Owens is in some weird place where he isn't believable as a "David" but at the same time he still looks like a David next to Bork.

- Owen cuts promos for a while calling out Lesnar and how Lesnar can't beat him (the typical overconfident Owens stuff)
- Heyman shows up, Owens roughs him up
- Lesnar finally shows up, Owens walks away
- Owens reveals big hoss bodyguard (Baron Corbin?) during the next confrontation who can credibly back him up, they beat down Brock
- Owens cheats a bunch in the actual match

DMczaf

WM32 is going to be complete dog shit.

For the people going, I hope you get your monies worth and get drunk as fuck and be a true degenerate in the streets of Dallas for the weekend.

jmdajr

For the people going, I hope you get your monies worth and get drunk as fuck and be a true degenerate in the streets of Dallas for the weekend.

It's all about the vacation man. They will have fun.

Gonzalez

Banned
Smackdown Spoilers
SmackDown kicks off with Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and The Usos in the ring calling out the League of Nations. They come out and we get an eight-man main event for tonight. The New Day comes out and says The Usos and Ambrose have to fight them in order to be Reigns' partners in the main event

* Tyler Breeze defeated Neville with the Unprettier. Dolph Ziggler was on commentary and the crowd was dead for this match

* Brie Bella defeated Becky Lynch by DQ when WWE Divas Champion Charlotte ran in and attacked Brie after Brie earlier knocked Charlotte down outside of the ring. Alicia Fox was also at ringside

* WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day defeated The Usos and Dean Ambrose when Xavier Woods pinned Jimmy Uso. Reigns will now be alone in the main event

* Bray Wyatt squashed Devon Dudley and pinned him after Sister Abigail. After the match, The Wyatt Family also beat down Tommy Dreamer and Bubba Ray Dudley, who were at ringside. They beat the ECW Originals up with kendo sticks and put Dreamer through a table

* Roman Reigns vs. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus, United States Champion Alberto Del Rio, Rusev and King Barrett in a Handicap match is next. Barrett got eliminated half-way into the match. Rusev works over Reigns pretty good now. Reigns ends up winning by count out. After the match, Sheamus hits Reins with a Brogue Kick and out come The Usos with Ambrose. The babyfaces help Reigns fight off The League of Nations and stand tall to end SmackDown

P4U21bk.gif

Man this is Dallas, not New Orleans. Get too out of control there and you wind up in jail, or shot maybe.

jmdajr

WWE Doesn’t Understand Why They’re Losing Viewers, Finally Asks Fans For Help, Internet Explodes

WWE is at least trying to finally listen to fans now. According to PWInsider, WWE sent out an interesting email. This is what the news bite claimed:

“WWE sent out an email blast to its WWE Fan Council yesterday, asking them to take a survey concerning the state of Raw. The email asked when a viewer actually watches the show, when they change the channel and other questions. The company was curious if the respondent would change the channel during talking segments, backstage bits, recaps, ect. Raw has lost approximately [25 percent] of it’s viewership since July.”

some responses

Scott Rednour: “20 mins of actual wrestling in a 3 hr show, they cram the same regurgitated crap down ur throat week in an week out never giving the mid carders any time, once sandow got “over” w/ the crowd they pull him off tv 4 good, this supposed divas revolution is a joke, no awesome kong, no beautiful people, no revolution. cant have a revolution w/ 8 women!! JOKE!! as soon as the bellas come on im out!! LAME!! bring back some cruiserweights and luchadores and make it exciting again, neville is a good start but he needs others 2 match his quick,hi flying style, not getting beat up by ko, barret an the rest every week. the announcers blow chunks except lawler. and commercial breaks every 10 frkn mins is just ridiculous an that’s just 4 starters.”

Jeremy Yanez: “Can’t stand new day or Wyatt’s promo’s or matches to predictable and there trying to build more stables and to me that’s a waste of TV time stop trying to make it what corporate wants to listen to us fans in my opinion less talking and more actions start having a title scramble I’m sick of the wwe forcing me stars that is a joke give me someone who loves the business n not just doing it for the money like Owens can’t stand him big head for what beating cena 1st night n lost the next two matches against him wwe is to predictable no matter who won the title at last ppv sheamus was gonna cash in yawn I’d rather seen it stay vacated what was the point of the tournament if that was the plan should have just handed it to him UK its bad when everybody is saying the same thing.”

Mario Rodriguez: “Getting to predictable and any actual surprise is spoiled right away they need to find an actual way to get things from getting out to the public.”

Lauren Rae: "The angles are very hot and cold and there’s a lack of consistency. I mean, when shit’s on, it’s on fire. But when it’s cold, it gets ice cold. The Lana/Rusev angle had potential had they not immediately put Lana with Ziggler with a romantic twist. He could have just came in to defend her as a friend and let it develop naturally. They made Rusev look sympathetic and not the brute he needed to be. Ambrose has been reduced to the cheerleader role for Roman more often than not, and it’s degrading because we all know he’s capable of more than that.

When he and Roman are all bromance and in tag matches, on equal footing, it’s awesome. You can see they’re clearing BFF’s outside the ring. Outside of that, it’s pointless. And the Diva’s Revolution was botched from the start. All three teams need to be split already. How does the company expect the girls to get over in their designated roles if they’re not allowed to actually define themselves individually?

What really kills me is that Lita is a road agent now, said she’s on creative. And they have Jimmy Jacobs as a writer. Road Dogg is starting to get into writing, he’s mentioned in Kult of Kayfabe that he’s sat in on meetings and chimed in with ideas, he’s part of the collaborative effort. Given their history in the ring and the fact that they have more experience in wrestling than probably most of the creative team combined, we should clearly be seeing an upswing in storylines but everything is diving.”

FUN! How can WWE fix the product when some of these people can't even write. Holy Fuck.

In fact, WWE is now opening a position for a full-time media monitor. This is a position that will follow people on the internet to find out what media of all kinds are saying about WWE.

Who here is applying?

Truly I picked a great time to get into wrestling.

You sure did! Indy wrestling in North American and Britain is in a pretty good place, and their product is more easily accessible than ever! New Japan's product is also fairly available, and Data West can show you the ways to access sleazy lucha.

Neville is going to be a part of the NXT UK tour; I wonder what match he gets at TakeOver: London since Corbin, Crews, Joe, and Balor are all accounted for already.

TNA
Bobby Roode vs. Matt Hardy
Jessie Godderz vs. Awesome Kong
Eric Young vs. Kenny King
Gail Kim vs. Tigre Uno
Mahabali Shera vs. Eli Drake
Bobby Lashley vs. Drew Galloway
Bram vs. Davey Richards
Ethan Carter III vs. DJ Zema Ion

Huh, two intergender matches; I'm actually interested in what kind of match Gail Kim and Tigre Uno can put together.

ROH
Adam Page vs. Will Ferrara
Dalton Castle vs. Adam Cole
A.J. Styles and Jay Lethal have a confrontation.

NXT
Nia Jax vs. Blue Pants
James Storm vs. Adam Rose
Chad Gable and Jason Jordan vs. The Vaudevillains
Emma vs. Liv Morgan
Samoa Joe vs. Tommaso Ciampa

shanafan

Truly I picked a great time to get into wrestling.

I got back into it around the summer, and it's been fun. I started watching wrestling with Survivor Series 1990, and have been following the sport since then. I took a break between 94 and 98, and really got into it from 98 to 02/03. Took a break, and came back to watching this year.

I tried my best to keep up reading about stuff, but now with watching, I like seeing a new group of guys like Ambrose, Owens, Ziggler, Rollins, etc. I love the WWE Network since I can watch older shows and see what I missed.

There will always be up and downs with WWE, and I think the brand is working with a limited roster because of the injuries and the guys that are active are just not over with the crowd. I think Owens is generating a lot of heat, and could be a top heel in the company in the near future. As faces go, I mean Cesaro is just an incredible athlete in the ring, but I read that he has been battling some injuries that will require surgery.

Just stick with it ;) There is a lot of young talent moving up in the company, and I think the future looks bright.
Cena needs to come back soon, Dec 26 can't come soon enough.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Another beautiful day in WrassleGAF. How is everyone? Still mad about Reigns?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm alright. Might have a date this week. It's also my birthday this week!

Great. Celebrate only on your birthday. Don't do this millennial "It's my birthday week!" shit for people whose parents neglected them.

And don't make a goddamn OT about it. I think there's a "Birthday OT" for people who want to celebrate but don't think they're a special fucking snowflake.

Happy birthday whenever it is. I hope your day is filled with good things, whenever that is. Until then, enjoy the suffering.

Aiii

So not worth it
Great. Celebrate only on your birthday. Don't do this millennial "It's my birthday week!" shit for people whose parents neglected them.

And don't make a goddamn OT about it. I think there's a "Birthday OT" for people who want to celebrate but don't think they're a special fucking snowflake.

Happy birthday whenever it is. I hope your day is filled with good things, whenever that is. Until then, enjoy the suffering.

Another beautiful day in WrassleGAF.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh goddamn it. As soon as I heard they even HAVE a "fan council" I KNEW it would be like this.

LOL it's basically a comments section on a Newz site.

*looks at ratings*

Pretty sure the issue isn't being mad about Reigns, it's not giving a shit about this character.

He's nothing.

"Yes, we are mad"

Not bad. Downloading some old Review-A-Wai's to go through at work, and off to see The Good Dinosaur with the other half later.

The opening short, Sanjay's Super Heroes, is gorgeous.

The Good Dinosaur is fairly standard Disney fare, but it's fucking incredible visually. The water tech alone is incredible.

Really interested in Vaudevillains vs. Gable/Jordan and Joe vs. Ciampa tonight on NXT.

And I finished that Lapsed Fan episode of One Night Stand 2006 last night. It was entertaining for the first couple of hours, but it was a bit of a slog in the last 30 minutes.

I'll give the WrestleMania 30 episodes a shot too.

The opening short, Sanjay's Super Heroes, is gorgeous.

The Good Dinosaur is fairly standard Disney fare, but it's fucking incredible visually. The water tech alone is incredible.

Really interested in Vaudevillains vs. Gable/Jordan and Joe vs. Ciampa tonight on NXT.

And I finished that Lapsed Fan episode of One Night Stand 2006 last night. It was entertaining for the first couple of hours, but it was a bit of a slog in the last 30 minutes.

I'll give the WrestleMania 30 episodes a shot too.

It's Pixar right? So long as it's not Cars, it'll be fine :p

Joe/Ciampa should be real good.

Sephzilla

People make OT's for their fucking birthday?

tumblr_m5q5hqzvN11r7r6wqo1_500.gif

It's Pixar right? So long as it's not Cars, it'll be fine :p

Joe/Ciampa should be real good.

The Good Dinosaur is a Pixar film, but
The Good Dinosaur = Pixar's Lion King
. But it's not as blatantly commercial as Cars/Planes.

I'm assuming that they're holding off on introducing the new signees (Rich Swann, Athena) on TV until after TakeOver: London. But, we're heading into WrestleMania season after TakeOver: London, so I wonder if they would hold off until after WrestleMania.

DMczaf

Where the hell is my NWA gimmick in GWF, Sunny??

It would have been a perfect tie-in to WWE Network's NWA push this month!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Where the hell is my NWA gimmick in GWF, Sunny??

It would have been a perfect tie-in to WWE Network's NWA push this month!

I know right? It's frustrating to try to keep your finger on the pulse of whatsitcalled and whosits.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Boots, I'm not sure how to phrase this, but do you feel a 1000 Matches in 2016 "thing" would fit in on GAF or should it be elsewhere?

Top Bottom