• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

notworksafe

So I've been without any wayto watch WWE since the last Raw Seth was still champ. Like the news of him being stripped of the title broke but I didn't see that coming Raw. Can you guyssum up what has happened on both Raw and NXT since then? Thanks.

Since Seth dropped the title...

- There was a tournament to decide the new champ on Raw/SD
- Ambrose/Reigns in the finals at Survivor Series
- Reigns wins, refuses to shake HHH's hand, spears HHH in the ring
- Sheamus brogue kicks Reigns, cashes in MITB, wins title
- Sheamus is now the Authority's champ and part of a heel stable with BNB, Rusev, and Del Rio
- Roman is teaming up with Ambrose and Usos as they all avoid being screwed by the Authority by the skin of their teeth

- Owens/Ambrose continue to feud
- Usos are trying to get the titles from New Day, who are using the Authority to fuck with Usos. Also New Day is just being entertaining in general.
- Paige turned heel and tried to take the title from Charlotte and failed. Charlotte has now turned heel on Becky Lynch to "toughen her up"
- Wyatts lost to Taker/Kane, are now being assholes to Dudleys who called in their friend Tommy Dreamer to help them out. Wyatts are beating them up anyway
- Del Rio & Zeb Coulter are feuding with a returning Jack Swagger who ironically is telling them America is about openness and freedom, not being assholes to people who are different from you. Coulter says anyone who doesn't like MexAmerica is a "hater"

I don't really follow NXT storylines so I can't help you there but that's the gist of Raw right now

Dion314

Neo Member
So I've been without any wayto watch WWE since the last Raw Seth was still champ. Like the news of him being stripped of the title broke but I didn't see that coming Raw. Can you guyssum up what has happened on both Raw and NXT since then? Thanks.

I'm behind on NXT but with Raw-

New Day
Everybody's hurt!
New Day
Sheamus is champ and in a new stable called Minoriteam
All the divas are heels except Becky and she just hasn't turned yet.
Also, did you know Charlotte was Ric Flair's daughter? I had no clue! Glad they told me.
New Day
New Day
________ in 2015
Roman looks STRONG.
And
New Day

Edit- ah yes I forgot about Zeb. I love how he's basically saying "If you don't like or agree with what our vague imaginary nation is about? You're a HATER!!" And how they closed the borders to MexAmerica....

Mahonay

Banned
Y'all really want to argue about Punk?

Good WWE career, petered out unfavorably in the end, but there was plenty of solid stuff. He will return someday, that's a no-brainer. There's a lot of money to be made. Let's not be stupid though, he set back plenty of people within the company in his bridge-burning exit podcast.

At the same time, much like how I mentioned all the ex-WWE talent complaining about Raw on podcasts, they're doing this for their audience. I don't feel they're making up lies to work people, but they're telling people exactly what they want to hear because people will listen and continue to give them that audience. It's good PERSONAL business to do that. Same thing with shoot vids.

Anyway, seriously, Punk was a great talent. Fun to make fun of. But he was a great talent and he's missed, and I look forward to the day he comes back and gets people riled up again in a good way.
Fookin' aye.

shanafan

Since Seth dropped the title...

- There was a tournament to decide the new champ on Raw/SD
- Ambrose/Reigns in the finals at Survivor Series
- Reigns wins, refuses to shake HHH's hand, spears HHH in the ring
- Sheamus brogue kicks Reigns, cashes in MITB, wins title
- Sheamus is now the Authority's champ and part of a heel stable with BNB, Rusev, and Del Rio

- Owens/Ambrose continue to feud
- Usos are trying to get the titles from New Day, who are using the Authority to fuck with Usos. Also New Day is just being entertaining in general.
- Paige turned heel and tried to take the title from Charlotte and failed. Charlotte has now turned heel on Becky Lynch to "toughen her up"
- Wyatts lost to Taker/Kane, are now being assholes to Dudleys who called in their friend Tommy Dreamer to help them out. Wyatts are beating them up anyway
- Del Rio & Zeb Coulter are feuding with a returning Jack Swagger who ironically is telling them America is about openness and freedom, not being assholes to people who are different from you. Coulter says anyone who doesn't like MexAmerica is a "hater"

I don't really follow NXT storylines so I can't help you there but that's the gist of Raw right now

Ha, nice summary! I'll make one addition ;)

- Tyler Breeze and Dolph Ziggler battle every week, with them splitting wins it seems

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think it's a good assumption to make that NFL games are in any way a significant amount of potential or swing WWE viewers and that they're competing in any meaningful way for ratings.

imBask

Banned
I think it's time we stop talking about how terrible RAW was/how some of us didn't watch it and just watch something else, that's where I am right now

I believe i'm relly at my second "i'm done" moment, the first one being during the switch to the PG-era and Cena. I just don't feel like talking, watching or caring about RAW anymore. i'm just sad.

i'll try to catch NXT if I can, and probably Lucha

they done did it, friends

notworksafe

Another entry in WWE's master storytelling. "These guys are feuding because they totally hate each other! Why? Don't worry about it, it's entertainment!"
I liked the start of that storyline and other bits, like Breeze and Summer's VIP section ringside. But it does feel like a Divas storyline -- "These people are fighting because they are fighting"

Has Sasha been given a bigger role on Raw yet?
Not really, it feels like WWE is waiting until Team PCB officially crashes and burns before putting her in a storyline. She did have a good match on Raw this week though!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's time we stop talking about how terrible RAW was/how some of us didn't watch it and just watch something else, that's where I am right now

I believe i'm relly at my second "i'm done" moment, the first one being during the switch to the PG-era and Cena. I just don't feel like talking, watching or caring about RAW anymore. i'm just sad.

I finally found you, Mick Foley.

Damn I completely forgot about Breeze and Ziggler. I guess that says a lot right there.

Dolph Ziggler is just so unimpressive. He's at the same spot that he's been in for years.

Don't get me wrong, dude can wrestle his ass off. But, I don't look forward to seeing him wrestle. Even Kofi's doing something new, come on.

I don't blame you for forgetting him, and Breeze hasn't really done anything of note in the main roster either.

jmdajr

Dolph Ziggler is just so unimpressive. He's at the same spot that he's been in for years.

Don't get me wrong, dude can wrestle his ass off. But, I don't look forward to seeing him wrestle. Even Kofi's doing something new, come on.

I don't blame you for forgetting him, and Breeze hasn't really done anything of note in the main roster either.

Breeze just got there. Things will pick up when Zoolander 2 hits.

yaaaah, my book came in!

12314427_10103611399258833_6533311921435755838_o.jpg

jmdajr

Toyota center is fun.

I'm not a loyalist when it comes to sports teams (which I think is mildly disturbing imho) but I will always have a soft spot for the Rockets after the Hakeem era. That 1994 season was somethig special. I had to wake up at 4am as a kid in the country I lived in to watch those games live on television.

Hakeem also went to school with my dad and his cousins and ate at their restaurant off of Gesner

Wow that's pretty cool

Can't say it too many times, if you're complaining every week about how bad Raw is, and still tuning in every Monday, it's your own fault. There are tidal waves worth of other wrestling available to you elsewhere.

Can't say it too many times, if you're complaining every week about how bad Raw is, and still tuning in every Monday, it's your own fault. There are tidal waves worth of other wrestling available to you elsewhere.

But wrestling is lame, Flammable!

Especially the Indies. And whatever old shit Boots likes.

AND Progress!

Enjoy

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/uprising2015

imBask

Banned

eh, here's my take on it : I love indy, i'm not one of those people who complain about flippy shit, I fucking love flippy shit. But indys are missing 50% of what wrestling is to me : storylines and emotion. The emotion and story behind MiTB 2011 is a great exemple of that... I never thought it was that great of a match, but everything about the setting was perfect and grabbed you by the balls

Watching indy superstar X wrestle indy superstar Y every week gets old fast when there's nothing to back it up, which is why i'm waiting for Lucha again

eh, here's my take on it : I love indy, i'm not one of those people who complain about flippy shit, I fucking love flippy shit. But indys are missing 50% of what wrestling is to me : storylines and emotion. The emotion and story behind MiTB 2011 is a great exemple of that... I never thought it was that great of a match, but everything about the setting was perfect and grabbed you by the balls

Watching indy superstar X wrestle indy superstar Y every week gets old fast when there's nothing to back it up, which is why i'm waiting for Lucha again

Start with chapter 7

Enjoy

https://demandprogress.pivotshare.com

KingBroly

Banned

That was really the end of the story, though. Everything leading up to it made it interesting. The suspension, contract talks, mic being cut off, etc. It starting with Punk becoming the #1 contender then dropping the contract bombshell afterwards was 'oh...that's interesting' and it made you come back next week.

WWE seemingly doesn't know how to do that anymore.

Gonzalez

Banned
I'm watching AWA All Star 1-25-87. At 0:21:00 some smark asshole in the crowd kills Kayfabe by telling his buddy that Nick Bockwinkle is blading. Who then proceeds to tell the other two people sitting next to him.

Showboat < Full Sail

Mick Foley has been very critical WWE’s creative direction in recent weeks, publicly grappling with the notion of completely giving up on watching the product.

What Foley has failed to mention is that his son Dewey has secured a job on the WWE writing team. According to a source close to the situation, Dewey, 23, will begin working on WWE’s creative staff shortly after the holidays.

Dewey runs a blog for WWE creative writing samples (CreativeWWE.wordpress.com) containing a lot of viable storyline ideas. That said, Mick Foley’s public damnation of WWE creative suddenly takes on an entirely different slant.

Foley’s daughter Noelle could also be working for WWE in the not so distant future, as there is talk of her becoming a backstage announcer. During a recent interview with Justin Labar of Chair Shot Reality, Noelle Foley said she has trained in the ring, “but I slowly got into other things so I’m going to try to do those other things and then really get into it when the time is right.”

Mick Foley has been very critical WWE’s creative direction in recent weeks, publicly grappling with the notion of completely giving up on watching the product.

What Foley has failed to mention is that his son Dewey has secured a job on the WWE writing team. According to a source close to the situation, Dewey, 23, will begin working on WWE’s creative staff shortly after the holidays.

#AlwaysBeCarny

Top Bottom