• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Dion314

Neo Member
Pretty much, I'm going to have a good time no matter what. Hell, I wasn't overly excited about WM last year and I still had a blast. It's a fun event!

Yeah WM is a traveling smark crowd. Seems like it would be fun no matter what. Going to WM is on my bucket list and it's gonna happen regardless of the card.

Savitar

History is going to look a lot more kindly on Punk and his time in wrestling than most of you here seem to.

The guy was right from the very beginning, yeah he's an ass and a dick ain't no denying that but he knew the business.

We need tshirts with "Punk was right" on it.

i made a new avatar for friend Oficerrob

testfrohk.png

Much appreciated

One positive thing about WWE is they are capable of exceeding expectations for their PPVs. Not all the time - Survivor Series certainly didn't. But I recall a few times this year when we generally enjoyed a show with a poor build, Wrestlemania included.

jmdajr

This past Monday’s edition of WWE Monday Night RAW drew an average of 3.17 million viewers. This officially brings the average RAW viewership to back over 3 million after dipping to 2.964 million viewers last week. Below is a breakdown of the hour-by-hour average viewership for this past Monday’s episode:

1st Hour- 3.309 million
2nd Hour- 3.190 million
3rd Hour- 3.005 million

SORRY GUYS! YOU LOSE!!!!!

Jb6P5.gif

This past Monday’s edition of WWE Monday Night RAW drew an average of 3.17 million viewers. This officially brings the average RAW viewership to back over 3 million after dipping to 2.964 million viewers last week. Below is a breakdown of the hour-by-hour average viewership for this past Monday’s episode:

1st Hour- 3.309 million
2nd Hour- 3.190 million
3rd Hour- 3.005 million

SORRY GUYS! YOU LOSE!

Jb6P5.gif

Aww...

Browny

Banned

1st Hour- 3.309 million
2nd Hour- 3.190 million
3rd Hour- 3.005 million

SORRY GUYS! YOU LOSE!

They're still fucked - it's just a matter of time...

Bronx-Man

Banned

1st Hour- 3.309 million
2nd Hour- 3.190 million
3rd Hour- 3.005 million

SORRY GUYS! YOU LOSE!

Jb6P5.gif
Booooo.

1st Hour- 3.309 million
2nd Hour- 3.190 million
3rd Hour- 3.005 million

SORRY GUYS! YOU LOSE!

Jb6P5.gif

That makes much more sense, the bad football match-up obviously helped

Good. Raw was a major improvement this week and I hope the trend continues.

but consider this: no it wasn't

got you there, don't i?

The only thing that would be the substantial improvement most of us want is for Vince to say all right fuck it and make a real change in direction for the company. I'm not saying bra and panties matches, it could be any number of things, but let's put it this way - both of this week's main events were multi-man tag matches between the same people who have always been involved in those.

I mean, I didn't even sit through that at the house show I went to.

WWE clearly benefitted from the Monday Night Football game viewership dropping to 10.116 million viewers for a matchup between two struggling teams

Last weeks MNF game averaged 14.2 million. Basically it took MNF losing 4 million viewers over the prior week to produce a minor bump

Anth0ny

1st Hour- 3.309 million
2nd Hour- 3.190 million
3rd Hour- 3.005 million

Jb6P5.gif

boooooooooooooooooo

clearly more new day is a draw. next week will be three hours straight of new day.

notworksafe

but consider this: no it wasn't

got you there, don't i?

The only thing that would be the substantial improvement most of us want is for Vince to say all right fuck it and make a real change in direction for the company. I'm not saying bra and panties matches, it could be any number of things, but let's put it this way - both of this week's main events were multi-man tag matches between the same people who have always been involved in those.

I mean, I didn't even sit through that at the house show I went to.

A new heel stable with good potential, excellent New Day segments, good segments for the women wrestlers, and a returning Tommy Dreamer. I was entertained in general by the show. I'm sorry you weren't but that doesn't make it objectively bad.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A new heel stable with good potential, excellent New Day segments, good segments for the women wrestlers, and a returning Tommy Dreamer. I was entertained in general by the show. I'm sorry you weren't but that doesn't make it objectively bad.

Watch it - you're gonna be called a gimmick poster any second now.

yeah i'll confess, i didn't even watch it except the opening promo which was fine. i'm just being a dick.

basically i want the two or three things i want and everything else is hard to care about.

notworksafe

The main event was pretty weak, that isn't hard for me to admit in the slightest. But that's been the trend for a bit now and probably why third hours are generally down in numbers.

Watch it - you're gonna be called a gimmick poster any second now.
Hey that's okay with me. I'm not afraid to say when Raw is weak (don't watch Smackdown, haven't for about a decade now) but I feel I have to give them credit when they do something right too.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So I've been without any wayto watch WWE since the last Raw Seth was still champ. Like the news of him being stripped of the title broke but I didn't see that coming Raw. Can you guyssum up what has happened on both Raw and NXT since then? Thanks.

Mahonay

Banned
Catching up on last week's NXT. NXT found a way to make an Eva Marie storyline work. NXT needs to give fucking RAW some pointers.

Jerm411

1st Hour- 3.309 million
2nd Hour- 3.190 million
3rd Hour- 3.005 million

Jb6P5.gif

1423885063309.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Did Punk's "safe space" podcast have a negative affect on people still working at WWE, yes or not?

Not.

The people he spoke badly about, like Ryback or the Doctor (which he never named himself), never got heat. The people he mentioned that could maybe not benefit, like Roman Reigns, are fine, too.

AJ was already on the receiving end of their petty bullshit before the podcast, so her situation didn't change.

Punk also never once mentioned any of the people he was still on contact with outside of a guy like Batista, who is also just fine.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Y'all really want to argue about Punk?

Good WWE career, petered out unfavorably in the end, but there was plenty of solid stuff. He will return someday, that's a no-brainer. There's a lot of money to be made. Let's not be stupid though, he set back plenty of people within the company in his bridge-burning exit podcast.

At the same time, much like how I mentioned all the ex-WWE talent complaining about Raw on podcasts, they're doing this for their audience. I don't feel they're making up lies to work people, but they're telling people exactly what they want to hear because people will listen and continue to give them that audience. It's good PERSONAL business to do that. Same thing with shoot vids.

Anyway, seriously, Punk was a great talent. Fun to make fun of. But he was a great talent and he's missed, and I look forward to the day he comes back and gets people riled up again in a good way.

jmdajr

My Facebook feed had a Batista post. It told me about his Gluten free non GMO diet.

edit: Vince has to be disappointment that Ryback and Reigns didn't reach the popularity that he wished. I mean they had Rocket packs strapped to their backs. Oh well!

Top Bottom