• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Anth0ny

This is all well and good. But we all know that next week Jhon will come back and give a promo about how "IT'S NOT THE REIGNS ERA UNTIL HE BEATS THE FACE THAT RUNS THE PLACE. WHICH IS WHY I AM ENTERING THE TWO-THOUSAND SIXTEEN ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH."

and it's gonna be AWESOME

LETS GO CENA

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Smarks don't pay money for TV tapings. Even in Philly.
That said... pulling the trigger on Reigns getting the title now is smart. They just should have done it earlier at Survivor Series.

I focus on the show, I dont see why a fanbase needs to worry about ratings. Raw aint going anywhere, if the show improves, ratings will follow.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
You could see Lesnar, Cena, or HHH winning the Rumble (or Bryan if they clear him).

I thought Reigns vs HHH, Cena vs Taker, and Lesnar vs ??? were the docket. Now I'm not as sure.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
OIBnWam.gif

There's no arguing that this wasn't telegraphed as fuck. That SportsCenter plug was the goddamn worst.

It's either Cena in the Rumble... or Cena squashing Del Rio. Which would you rather see?

Honestly neither would bother me all that much. Cena is great in the US Title picture and if he's in a match with Roman at WM, that makes room for someone else to be in a top feud as opposed to Roman and Cena both dominating Raw time in separate feuds.

Zabka

As champion every week Roman debuts a new food based insult.

Next week: Roman calls Rusev a big bucket of borscht
The week after: Del Rio? More like Del Taco-hahaha!

UberTag

You could see Lesnar, Cena, or HHH winning the Rumble (or Bryan if they clear him).

I thought Reigns vs HHH, Cena vs Taker, and Lesnar vs ??? were the docket. Now I'm not as sure.
That's still the likely docket, IMO. With Lesnar's opponent being Owens.

NastyBook

I don't think he would. He would of insulted her so bad she left the ring crying.
Yup. Rock's verbal jabs hit much harder than his hands ever did.
But in order to be the guy he has to talk, there no way can't not talk.
Keep it to a minimum, then.
0% chance

he's cena 2.0. he has to do make a wishes, comedy promos, recap promos, the whole deal.

they aren't going to play to his strengths. they expect him to be cena 2.0, and they'll force him to be cena 2.0. whether he's good at it or not is irrelevant, though. he's their chosen one.
Ah, well.

I focus on the show, I dont see why a fanbase needs to worry about ratings. Raw aint going anywhere, if the show improves, ratings will follow.

Well typically things only change when ratings drop. If ratings are steady, they feel no motivation to change. That's why people worry about the ratings. If the show is shit, you want the ratings to go down because you want them to have a reason to shake things up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They actually started fixing shit I'm surprised.

I'm still expecting an after-the-fact stripping of the title.

The RR cowrd is a totally different cowrd than this one.the RR cowrd would have probably booed him

Disagree, this is the city that hates everything, that booed Santa Clause, booed opposing team players who had career ending injuries. This city does not give courtesy cheers to anyone.

Ithil

Disagree, this is the city that hates everything, that booed Santa Clause, booed opposing team players who had career ending injuries. This city does not give courtesy cheers to anyone.
Also the city that was dead after TLC 2011. ECW was a long time ago.

Mizerman

That's the thing though. If the ratings are bad, then it usually means there's some area of improvement that needs to happen. It would another thing if the ratings were like last year or earlier this year.

Companies do pay attention to ratings.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
The RR cowrd is a totally different cowrd than this one.the RR cowrd would have probably booed him

The angry smark rationalizations are real, lol. People just do not want to believe that he might actually be getting over. Too much identity invested in "Reigns is bad".

Caught the last match.

I am happy Roman finally gets a title run.

No more excuses. The trigger is pulled. He is "the man". Sink or swim time mother fucker.

After raw went off air, Roman talked about the rumble/being booed and then thanked Philly for the motivation.

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) we did it friends i can't believe it :))))))))))))))

Heroman

Banned
Yup. Rock's verbal jabs hit much harder than his hands ever did.

Keep it to a minimum, then.

Ah, well.
But you can't keep it to a minimum because you end up with situation like what earlier this year in his feud with Brock where had heymen giving amazing promo while Roman looked like a fucking idiot by staying nothing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Don't let there be shenanigans next week where Roman is stripped of the title and just go with Roman 100 percent.

Just run it all back. Corporate Dude Ambrose. Special Guest ring announcer Joey Mercury. Special Guest time keeper Jamie Noble. Special Guest referee RIPPLE HAITCH.

https://giant.gfycat.com/WindyAcrobaticHoneyeater.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
What in the hell?
[quote="Sweeney Tom, post: 189270800"]After raw went off air, Roman talked about the rumble/being booed and then thanked Philly for the motivation.

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) we did it friends i can't believe it :))))))))))))))[/QUOTE]
Such a great champ.

KingBroly

Banned
I think that Raw, particularly the main angle made it feel big.

- First time Vince has shown up in over a year
- Second Title change on free TV this year
- First WWE Title change on free TV in 4 years
- Reigns loses and he's fired
- In the city where Reigns and the Rock were booed out of the building
- Reigns goaded Vince into making it a Title Match, calling out his age

And at the end of the day, they got the crowd to cheer. They must've been working on this one for weeks.

As much as I think tonight was executed extremely well, it's silly to compare this Philly crowd to the Rumble Philly crowd. It has been established that the Rumble (and PPVs in general) attract a significantly more smarky and varied audience than any given Raw, irrelevant of the city.

NastyBook

But you can't keep it to a minimum because you end up with situation like what earlier this year in his feud with Brock where had heymen giving amazing promo while Roman looked like a fucking idiot by staying nothing.
He was gonna sound like an idiot in that situation regardless, though. Heyman did a better job building him up than he ever could've on his own.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As much as I think tonight was executed extremely well, it's silly to compare this Philly crowd to the Rumble Philly crowd. It has been established that the Rumble (and PPVs in general) attract a significantly more smarky and varied audience than any given Raw, irrelevant of the city.

They would have gobbled this up as well. It was really well done.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

GIve Roman a manager then

UberTag

They would have gobbled this up as well. It was really well done.
Certainly compared with the pedestrian effort of most recent RAW offerings... and, even then, they still managed to over-telegraph the win unnecessarily.

I mean, hell, if I was in that crowd I'd have popped too. Everyone would have popped. They got something better than the usual RAW. The WWE actually tried. In fact, they over-tried. Good luck seeing that again most weeks.

Certainly compared with the pedestrian effort of most recent RAW offerings... and, even then, they still managed to over-telegraph the win unnecessarily.

I mean, hell, if I was in that crowd I'd have popped too. Everyone would have popped. They got something better than the usual RAW. The WWE actually tried. In fact, they over-tried. Good luck seeing that again most weeks.

Good thing they don't have to because no givebacks :))))

Top Bottom