• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Recall

Reminder: CM Punk still has the longest title run of the modern era.

I hope you're all ready for 435 days of Roman Reigns as the WWEWHC.

I don't care who the champion is or how long they hold it aslong as they are booked in storylines/angles that are interesting to watch play out and the matches themselves are entertaining not this half assed lazy bare minimum style we've been given over the last few years.

The whole product needs to step up now.

Roman Reigns win a WWE Championship in Philadelphia , the smarkiest and all around worst city on the planet, and gets cheered the whole night.

My apologies to the haters here on GAF.

Philadelphia hasnt been a smark capital in years.

Its snarkier then your average city but its no Chicago or NYC like it was in the early/mid 00's.

DMczaf

tumblr_nz9ajjSITZ1tfp79mo1_500.gif

UberTag

Forget Reigns. What's next for the Wyatts?

They are never going to feel legitimate if they don't retire Taker and Kane. Feeding the ECW geezers to them doesn't do them much, despite the match tonight being awesome.
Finn-Balor-Entrance.gif

You just know they want Bray to do his stupid backwards walk while Finn is doing his silly demon crawl.

I thought we didn't do title changes on Raw anymore?
We don't. But, when we do, we telegraph the hell out of it to make it super obvious it's going to happen.

LOL WWE Advertise ruined tonight's main event.(West Coast only)

There's a house show gonna happen this Saturday

BROCK vs Kane

Roman vs Sheamus

lol so a person from west coast barely watching it now must be mad.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care who the champion is or how long they hold it aslong as they are booked in storylines/angles that are interesting to watch play out and the matches themselves are entertaining not this half assed lazy bare minimum style we've been given over the last few years.

The whole product needs to step up now.
Punks whole reign ended up with him main eventing like two PPVs, I agree with you. Doesn't matter if they're not doing anything interesting with it.

Toki767

I thought we didn't do title changes on Raw anymore?

They're breaking all the rules for Reigns in an effort to really put him over big.

Title change on Raw.
Vince on Raw.
HHH laid out and taken out on a stretcher.
Overcoming all the odds and multiple interferences.
No more long winded promos.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lol the usual suspects in here in full damage control mode. Sorry kids.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Well...I think the Rumble and Fastlane were shitshows, but I think Rollins cashing in during the main event of Mania to steal the belt was 100% the right call. If Brock wins, he goes away for months and the contract expires. If Reigns wins, they give him his day in the sun and there's no advantage.

I do feel like something changed in the past week of writing though. It's like they went and re-wrote him.

It's like they realized that there's no need for Cena 2.0 when Cena 1.0 can still go.

And I'm not exactly talking about Roman winning the WHC, I'm talking about making people care about Roman and not having the crowds boo him. Last night Reigns wasn't getting cheered until he lost and snapped. Then tonight they didn't have him do nursery rhymes on the mic like they usually do. Sure he was still smiling a bit, but he wasn't as jovial like he was a month ago. It really felt like he meant business.

Maybe I'm too old for this WWE crap, but I felt like I would have enjoyed tonights Raw if the build for Roman was was great for 24 months (or hell even 12) instead of 24 hours.

A single night isn't going to make me think that WWE has it figured it out.

Kaiterra

Banned
It's funny just HOW MUCH they had to put behind Reigns to get him as far as he is now. Imagine how far they could've gotten someone who didn't have to fight through that headwind by now.

Good for him though. If he's really gonna get to run a badass butt-kicker who wins a lot and isn't corny as hell it might be worth maybe watching Hulu Raw eventually.

It's like they realized that there's no need for Cena 2.0 when Cena 1.0 can still go.

And I'm not exactly talking about Roman winning the WHC, I'm talking about making people care about Roman and not having the crowds boo him. Last night Reigns wasn't getting cheered until he lost and snapped. Then tonight they didn't have him do nursery rhymes on the mic like they usually do. Sure he was still smiling a bit, but he wasn't as jovial like he was a month ago. It really felt like he meant business.

Maybe I'm too old for this WWE crap, but I felt like I would have enjoyed tonights Raw if the build for Roman was was great for 24 months (or hell even 12) instead of 24 hours.

Yeah this is where I'm at. Roman's not why I stopped watching, but what they were doing with him was part of it. This was while Rollins was still healthy, in the middle of that nonsense Wyatt feud.

bigkrev

On the train home from the show

Roman was so ridiculously over all night and it was kind of surprising. People in my section went apeshit when the show ending logo appeared, because we all thought there was a chance it would be a swerve.

Roman's off-air promo thanking Philly for booing the shit out of him was great.

I think that Raw, particularly the main angle made it feel big.

- First time Vince has shown up in over a year
- Second Title change on free TV this year
- First WWE Title change on free TV in 4 years
- Reigns loses and he's fired
- In the city where Reigns and the Rock were booed out of the building
- Reigns goaded Vince into making it a Title Match, calling out his age

And at the end of the day, they got the crowd to cheer. They must've been working on this one for weeks.

That was Cena/Rey, correct?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They're breaking all the rules for Reigns in an effort to really put him over big.

Title change on Raw.
Vince on Raw.

They gave him the strap in Philly to cheers, whatever they did they didn't do wrong

Toki767

They gave him the strap in Philly to cheers, whatever they did they didn't do wrong

Didn't say they were wrong for doing it at all. They saw him gain steam last night and went with it. It's exactly what they should've done. If they had waited however long, whether at the Rumble or Mania, he most certainly would have lost steam from last night.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah Vince just showed up and I don't know how to feel.

I actually kind of wanted to see the rest of this match lol.
I won't lie, I was happy to see Truth and Dallas. But sacrifices must be made.

Title change on Raw.
Vince on Raw.

Its crazy the effort they put in just to get Roman over. I hope its worth it and he's everything they think he is because right now he is not.

On the train home from the show

Roman was so ridiculously over all night and it was kind of surprising. People in my section went apeshit when the show ending logo appeared, because we all thought there was a chance it would be a swerve.

Roman's off-air promo thanking Philly for booing the shit out of him was great.
Such a humble champ.
tumblr_n85ictmxYj1tdmr2yo1_250.gif

UberTag

We're one week removed from his tater tots moment. Clearly blind faith should not be doled out for no reason.

They've been wanting to make Reigns "their guy" for the past 18 months now. It's now time to see if the wait was worth it now that they've finally pulled the trigger on Joelle's birthday.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why don't they just say that matches on Raw have rounds and have the guys go to their corner during the commercial break so they can just go to break on a big spot/near fall and then an actual reason why they're not doing anything during the break

If they are doing Cena vs. Roman at WM, I actually think Cena as the Authority's new guy would be the best way to go about it. And it would make logical sense that the only guy left to stop Roman is the guy who has stopped everyone for the past ten years. A heel Cena dominating the Rumble and getting booed out of the building would be amazing.

Their justification for not turning Cena has always internally been "we don't have another top guy". Well, if they really believe Reigns is their guy, then they shouldn't have nearly the trouble talking themselves into it. And it'd help Reigns at WM if he beats a heel Cena with a real story behind it as opposed to the typical "passing of the torch" face vs. face matchup.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Given what the Rumble crowd has done the past two years a fresh Heel Cena coming in dumping everyone would get cheered wildly...Unless it's him and Big Show slinging people out like sacks of potatoes...

I might consider getting some last minute tickets for the House show on Saturday even though I already got 11;30pm tickets for Star Wars

House Show starts at 7:30. Possible?

notworksafe

I have one friend who was disappointed that the Bo Dallas match didn't finish.

Listen friend, I was actually excited to see both Dallas and R-Truth out there. Poor guys almost had a shot.

What a fantastic Raw! Great hardcore match, Owens was a kickass heel, the New Day were hilarious, Vince stole the show, and Roman actually got me excited enough to get on my feet. Really great stuff, WWE. Also glad to see the actual main event match itself was pretty good. An excellent return to form.

Toki767

If they are doing Cena vs. Roman at WM, I actually think Cena as the Authority's new guy would be the best way to go about it. And it would make logical sense that the only guy left to stop Roman is the guy who has stopped everyone for the past ten years. A heel Cena dominating the Rumble and getting booed out of the building would be amazing.

Their justification for not turning Cena has always internally been "we don't have another top guy". Well, if they really believe Reigns is their guy, then they shouldn't have nearly the trouble talking themselves into it. And it'd help Reigns at WM if he beats a heel Cena with a real story behind it as opposed to the typical "passing of the torch" face vs. face matchup.

The only way they'd turn Cena heel is if they actually had faith in Reigns.

I don't see that happening in 4 months.

Given what the Rumble crowd has done the past two years a fresh Heel Cena coming in dumping everyone would get cheered wildly...Unless it's him and Big Show slinging people out like sacks of potatoes...

Not if you bring back Bryan just to have Cena eliminate him instantly.

UberTag

That would be too smart for the WWE to dare to try. They want their precious Cena safety net. That dude's never turning.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So here's the question - what ACTUALLY changed that made this Raw great? Can you put into words the specific things that you noticed that made this Raw exceptionally good?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So here's the question - what ACTUALLY changed that made this Raw great? Can you put into words the specific things that you noticed that made this Raw exceptionally good?

VINCENT

KENNEDY

MCMAHON

That and sensible booking up and down the line, and a few really quite good matches.

Top Bottom