• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm gonna buy that Vampiro youshoot tomorrow. That trailer sounded amazing. Especially if we get lots of lucha trash backstage stories out of it.

Vince is still the best character in WWE history.

He is the asshole creative people who loved to write himself into the show (like Russo, Dixie, Stephanie, HHH) but unlike those he was always willing to do the job in the end of the day and get the crap beat out of him or look like the fool.

Vince as a performer has almost always been good.

KingBroly

Banned
tumblr_nzdnh2iFt91saykaxo1_400.gif

That was an awesome kick

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
I'm not going to praise WWE for doing something they should have and had the ability to do so months or even years ago. Sure it was cool moment, but there was nothing preventing them from doing something like this with Roman months ago. So what's with all the crap they fed him the past year?

Recall

I'm not going to praise WWE for doing something they should have and had the ability to do so months or even years ago. Sure it was cool moment, but there was nothing preventing them from doing something like this with Roman months ago. So what's with all the crap they fed him the past year?

Exactly. It took them 2 years to figure what to do.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He is the asshole creative people who loved to write himself into the show (like Russo, Dixie, Stephanie, HHH) but unlike those he was always willing to do the job in the end of the day and get the crap beat out of him or look like the fool.

Vince as a performer has almost always been good.

Just the way he rolled his chair back whenever Roman got even near that side of the ring.

Mizerman

It's the WWE in 2015. Everything gets fucked up at one point or another.
This will too.

If they do, then they do.

Something real decent, then it turns to shit soon after. I hope they have somewhat more sense then that...

At least I'll be seeing LU in the meantime.

Vestal

I think that Raw, particularly the main angle made it feel big.

- First time Vince has shown up in over a year
- Second Title change on free TV this year
- First WWE Title change on free TV in 4 years
- Reigns loses and he's fired
- In the city where Reigns and the Rock were booed out of the building
- Reigns goaded Vince into making it a Title Match, calling out his age

And at the end of the day, they got the crowd to cheer. They must've been working on this one for weeks.

Lets see what happens next week...

KingBroly

Banned

Well...I think the Rumble and Fastlane were shitshows, but I think Rollins cashing in during the main event of Mania to steal the belt was 100% the right call. If Brock wins, he goes away for months and the contract expires. If Reigns wins, they give him his day in the sun and there's no advantage.

I do feel like something changed in the past week of writing though. It's like they went and re-wrote him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince owned everyone and proved why he's the man in charge. When he hit the ring you could just tell he lit up, he got excited, and he loves this shit.

Roman and Vince work great together. Vince owns the entire city of Philadelphia and all is right in the world.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
HHH is the only guy that can make stars.

Pretty crazy

It's kinda like when you hear someone do a review of an old ass wrestling show remarking about how Hogan held everyone down, took their places, hot dogging, grandstanding, and the like and then if you actually go and watch the show you'll notice that he did get the biggest reaction. Sometimes the only reaction.

Nameless

I'm actually interested in seeing where this goes. Naturally you'd think it all culminates with the McMahons calling on Bork to take the belt off Reigns at Mania after all other attempts fail. That's an incredibly compelling match after what went down last year and practically writes itself story wise. Which is precisely why it'll probably be Trips in the title match instead(though a version of Austin vs McMahon where Vince was a credible challenger to Austin's title could have potential too).

Or maybe The Authority decides inject a lethal dose of poison...

VxvlCFJ.jpg

Seriously, though, if the company is truly all-in on Reigns as "the new Cena" this would be the perfect time to pull the trigger on the old Cena's heel turn.

UberTag

Wonder if Sheamus, Rusev and Del Rio will still be homies as part of the League of Losers next week... or if they'll have gone their separate ways.

I'm sure Wade's on the verge of being future endeavored.

JTripper

Yeah, the Rumble match where Rock raised Reigns' arm in victory. Rock was confused by the boos. That's how much people hated Reigns.

Dang, just watched it. The Rock's confused facial expression after he holds Roman's hand up says it all.

Good show tonight though, and now they can actually build a story or at least do something with Roman other than just having him beat everyone only to get another title shot at the next PPV (even though he's still beat everyone). I'm interested to see who he's gonna defend against at Rumble even though he's obviously going to retain it at least until WM.

I'm legit excited for Rumble next month. Haven't watched a Rumble PPV live in at least a decade.

Vince owned everyone and proved why he's the man in charge. When he hit the ring you could just tell he lit up, he got excited, and he loves this shit.

Roman and Vince work great together. Vince owns the entire city of Philadelphia and all is right in the world.

"None of you can get Samoan Reigns over?! GODDAMMITILLSHOWYOUHOWTODOIT!"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wonder if Sheamus, Rusev and Del Rio will still be homies as part of the League of Losers next week... or if they'll have gone their separate ways.

I'm sure Wade's on the verge of being future endeavored.

I think they have a good thing going actually. The team makes sense.

UberTag

Like HHH did with Bryan at Mania 30, or last night at TLC with Roman.
Yeah, Triple H has been doing a decent job of putting people over since he snuffed CM Punk's fire at the height of his popularity.

It's Steph that buries people underground.

There's your answer.

Though I still want that Brock vs. Austin match.
Dwayne is indisposed and has other commitments that conflict with working Wrestlemania Star.

Forget Reigns. What's next for the Wyatts?

They are never going to feel legitimate if they don't retire Taker and Kane. Feeding the ECW geezers to them doesn't do them much, despite the match tonight being awesome.

jonjonaug

Reminder: CM Punk still has the longest title run of the modern era.

I hope you're all ready for 435 days of Roman Reigns as the WWEWHC.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"None of you can get Samoan Reigns over?! GODDAMMITILLSHOWYOUHOWTODOIT!"
I work with a lot of type A personality people. He sure did it, and you know damn well it brought him great joy. There's none like him out there. Goddamn PHILLY was eating out of his hand. It was amazing. Had no idea how much I missed Vince.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They've been together what, three weeks and are already the weakest top stable I've seen maybe ever. They constantly all get beaten up by one person.

Who's being booked like Austin, who did that all the time. They've been killing the rest of the babyfaces like its going out of style though and just got theme music.

Forget Reigns. What's next for the Wyatts?

They are never going to feel legitimate if they don't retire Taker and Kane. Feeding the ECW geezers to them doesn't do them much, despite the match tonight being awesome.

Getting destroyed by someone else for the next three months until they get a token win over someone meaningless, and thus the cycle continues.

Toki767

Mania season finally looks interesting with Reigns' title win tonight (as long as they don't do something stupid like giving the title back to Sheamus next week).

Cagey

Banned
Roman Reigns win a WWE Championship in Philadelphia , the smarkiest and all around worst city on the planet, and gets cheered the whole night.

My apologies to the haters here on GAF.

Top Bottom