• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

DMczaf

Thing is, they have to carry this momentum through the usually creatively bad last two weeks of December. These are typically the worst Raws of the year. If they can turn that around, and carry it into January, it will be a golden Mania season.

Meltzer and Alvarez were saying they just used up 3 weeks of storyline in 1 night, and I kinda agree. They could have built this up to the Smackdown debut on USA Network. Kick the show off with a big title change.

I watched Star Wars A New Hope last night instead of Raw, so I'm guessing I need to catch the Hulu version tonight or something?

On that note - man, the original Star Wars feels like such a fucking indie movie compared to the others

Because this is the wresting thread I'm immediately processing Indie in a "let me get my shit in" and "unnecessary flips" way.
I think Obi Wan and Vader's old man scuffle could've benefited from some of that.

Verendus

Banned
Damn shame I missed this historic moment because it happened on Raw of all places.

So who wins the Royal Rumble? I was really expecting to be Reigns for the second time.
HHH, Brock Lesnar?
Ambrose and Del Rio already have a title. People that are left: Owens (my pick), Rusev, Barrett, Fella?
We getting that Reigns vs. Barack Lesnar II baby girls. I'm hoping that Reigns vs. Haitch match happens at the Roman Rumble.

Then they can stack the Rumble with Lesnar, Cena, Taker, Owens, Ambrose, League of Nations, Wyatts etc.

Meltzer and Alvarez were saying they just used up 3 weeks of storyline in 1 night, and I kinda agree. They could have built this up to the Smackdown debut on USA Network. Kick the show off with a big title change.

Especially with Mauro calling it over Cole. WWE thinks too short term for,their own good. Very WCW

Kaladin

I don't know, I think they needed to cram the story in tonight. It saved Roman Reigns.

This episode reminded me of the Brock Lesnar / Undertaker mega brawl episode in that regard. Except, they can't keep Roman off TV for 3 weeks.

The show gets progressively worse. If you're only at the first half of the season, keep your hype in check. Personally, it was one of the worst paced series I watched this year. I didn't enjoy it at all. You have to work fucking hard to shit up a crime noir tv series about a title P.I character who does little P.I

Um...except it's not a crime noir series and it wasn't about her P.I. work. It was about her feud with Killgrave.

At most she's a ex-superhero hiding out from her villain as a P.I..

At least when the series starts.

jmdajr

Damn shame I missed this historic moment because it happened on Raw of all places.

We getting that Reigns vs. Barack Lesnar II baby girls. I'm hoping that Reigns vs. Haitch match happens at the Roman Rumble.

Then they can stack the Rumble with Lesnar, Cena, Taker, Owens, Ambrose, League of Nations, Wyatts etc.

Seems good.

Because this is the wresting thread I'm immediately processing Indie in a "let me get my shit in" and "unnecessary flips" way.
I think Obi Wan and Vader's old man scuffle could've benefited from some of that.

So, practically any duel from the prequel movies then.

Finn would have to play a Chaos army in Warhammer 40K. Joe would probably be an Ultramarine fan because that's the safe choice.

You know someone like Robert Gibson is thinking, "These fucking geeks are ruining the business. That's why they can't draw. Why can't they just be into blow, coke, drinking, and Cleveland Steamers like me and Jimmy Valiant? Now we were men who could blow the roof off of joints across the country."

Daniel Bryan probably 3D prints his own with his he and Brie's human waste #recycle #reuse

I'm listening to Daniel Bryan's book now. It's jarring to hear him read the sections that are clearly written by his co-author and refer to himself in the third person. His description of his childhood made him seem like the most awkward kid ever.

DMczaf

I bet the Diva's would make bank if they sold figures made out of their own shit

#knowyouraudience

doritos2jasf2.gif

Lum1n3s

So can someone tell me why Roman deserves to be champ after TLC? I didn't think one event would make him become an instant, lovable star deserving of that title, especially after people gave him shit for almost a year?

I didn't feel that much of a difference in Roman including yesterday. It still felt like the same Roman just with less smart ass Sesame Street commentary but yet he still managed to release a cheesy testicle joke. His wrestling has improved though, little by little which I can recognize after the match he had with Sheamus at TLC although he did have a couple of slip ups.

Kaladin

I didn't feel that much of a difference in Roman including yesterday. It still felt like the same Roman just with less smart ass Sesame Street commentary but yet he still managed to release a cheesy testicle joke. His wrestling has improved though, little by little which I can recognize after the match he had with Sheamus at TLC although he did have a couple of slip ups.

It all depends on where they go from here. We'll know in the coming weeks if they really are booking Roman better or if it was simply Mr. McMahon that got us into the angle. I'm fully ready to believe either.

Fuck, you know how using thumbtacks was Abyss's gimmick for a while? That's going to be Finn's gimmick on the main roster; just replace thumbtacks with LEGO.

LEGO are the PG-equivalent of thumbtacks, and it would be perfect for the WWE. In the spirit of Stephanie's "charity is the best PR" philosophy, the WWE can hold Fans Bring the LEGO matches for Finn Balor, and the used LEGO can either be donated to charities or sold as "used in match LEGO" with proceeds going to charities.

It's a win-win, MAGGLE.

klonere

Banned
The New Day as Rolling Stone's WWE Wrestlers of the Year seems like an okay choice, but it seems like it's underselling how important the Cena Open Challenge was for a large part of the year.

In my mind the conclusion and followup to the US Open Challenge ruined nearly every bit of good that program did.

Seriously, Del Rio didn't need to beat Cena in such an unspectacular fashion and the belt is back to being a total prop now.

Love martial arts,movies(excited for BIG dave in kickboxer)

Raid is that plus over the top violence which I love.

Dredd is a really good 80s NWA show

Both fun in their own way

I don't know, I think they needed to cram the story in tonight. It saved Roman Reigns.

This episode reminded me of the Brock Lesnar / Undertaker mega brawl episode in that regard. Except, they can't keep Roman off TV for 3 weeks.

Um...except it's not a crime noir series and it wasn't about her P.I. work. It was about her feud with Killgrave.

At most she's a ex-superhero hiding out from her villain as a P.I..

At least when the series starts.

I can see Series 2 going hard with the PI angle.

I'm a Necron stan. Forever!

The retcon to the Necrons was as bad as repackaging Booker T as G.I. Bro.

Huh, Taylor Made is the new SHINE Champion, and Mia Yim turned on Leva Bates to help Marti Belle and Jayme Jameson to win the SHINE tag team belt.

And wait, IWA-MS is still around, and it held a Ted Petty Invitational over the weekend?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So we have people saying Roman is booked like any of these:

Cena
SCSA
Daniel Bryan

So, first up, what's the consensus? Or are people talking out of their ass? And whichever you choose, it's successful so far. You know the adage. It's hard as fuck to get over, but once you're over...

#ShootTuesday

Return of the Jedi is better than Empire Strikes Back
Goddamn stay on topic!

The rage against authority story will be used because it's something audiences can relate to. Everyone has had that run in with someone using authority to hold them down and we've all dreamed of spearing them through a table.

Cena
SCSA
Daniel Bryan

So, first up, what's the consensus? Or are people talking out of their ass? And whichever you choose, it's successful so far. You know the adage. It's hard as fuck to get over, but once you're over...

Can we wait to say he's over until he gets that kind of pop on four consecutive live shows? If we count the ending to TLC as one (during the HHH beatdown), last night's Raw (during the title match), we can wait 2 more live shows before we de-de-declare that Reigns is now over.

Kaladin

Cena
SCSA
Daniel Bryan

You won't see this because you have me on ignore, but it's a mix of those three. His character is booked a lot like Cena, similar reactions to everything, similar promos, similar mannerisms even. He's getting screwed over by the boss like Stone Cold and Daniel Bryan, but I think people are seeing similarities in his story and what they did leading up to Bryan winning the belt.

I agree that it is working, especially after TLC and Raw, but we have to see where they go from here. They have to make it Roman's story, not any combination of things that have come before.

Top Bottom