• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Where's everyone seating for takeover?
Im in A1.

15384s.gif

Make sure you guys coordinate your chants.

Caderfix

This RAW had a couple things that were good. The promos weren't as long, the title changed hands and they followed up on last night's PPV results adequately. Other than that, it was just ok, better than a lot of what we've seen this year, but that's it.

Mahonay

Banned
This RAW had a couple things that were good. The promos weren't as long, the title changed hands and they followed up on last night's PPV results adequately. Other than that, it was just ok, better than a lot of what we've seen this year, but that's it.
They set the bar pretty low for themselves.

GunBR

Sheamus has to be the worst booked champion of all time.

He isn't even the worst booked champ of the year
He lost all the non-title matches against Roman, but at least he lost to the new face of the company

Seth was losing (and sometimes running away) to Kane...in 2015

I was going to ask if there was a Parenting GAF or DAD-GAF, but the thought of getting advice from GAF on parenting nearly caused me to choke on my beans.

I was going to ask if there was a Parenting GAF or DAD-GAF, but the thought of getting advice from GAF on parenting nearly caused to me choke on my beans.

There is a parenting GAF. There is also an Autism-GAF.

Are the UK crowds just competing for how long they can cheer Chad Gable and Jason Jordan during their matches on this tour? The Blackpool crowd cheered them for 10 uninterrupted minutes, apparently.

Caderfix

Listening the commentators saying how devastating it would be for Roman to be fired and have to tell that to his daughter after he straight up said "I'm short on time. If you're going to fire me, please do." to Steph, as if he didn't care at all, was weird. Roman's acting like a dick and the commentators act as if he was still the same as before.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, that was a good-ass Raw. Owens looked great. Wyatts looked amazing. Especially Strowman. Strowman is in a league of his own and has such a bright future. He's SO goddamn huge, too. Glad he didn't spend time on televised NXT.

DMczaf

Listening the commentators saying how devastating it would be for Roman to be fired and have to tell that to his daughter after he straight up said "I'm short on time. If you're going to fire me, please do." to Steph, as if he didn't care at all, was weird. Roman's acting like a dick and the commentators act as if he was still the same as before.

Last night's Raw was still poorly written, full of logic holes and just overall still shitty.

But when it comes down to it, if you have a baby face who just kicks ass people cheer. It's really just that simple.

The second you start to think about last night's Raw it all falls apart.

Why the FUCK did Sheamus put his title on the line?

There is a parenting GAF. There is also an Autism-GAF.

Are the UK crowds just competing for how long they can cheer Chad Gable and Jason Jordan during their matches on this tour? The Blackpool crowd cheered them for 10 uninterrupted minutes, apparently.

AH MAH GAWD FOOTIE CHANTS, MAGGLE! FOOTIE CHANTS!!!! HAHAHA WE ARE IN BIZZZZZAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LAND!! Rugby.

T_Exige

2 time WWE World Heavyweight Champion - Total reign: 1 day

Impressive, but enough! We need Crossfit Jesus to save us!

So I just went to youtube to check WWE's raw highlights...
Main video image has Reigns holding up the title in a joyful "I actually won it" fashion.
Wish they'd have gone for something less spoileriffic.

Watching it with no context for the rest of raw so far was strange...
"Vince is here to put Reigns over himself?",
"Reigns career is over if he loses?"
"Where the shit is Wade Barrett?!"
"How many superman punches have I seen in a 4-5 minute video? too many!"
"lol sheamus"

So I guess I've got some catching up to do.

DMczaf

Overconfident heel with something to prove (and plenty of backup).

There are always holes in WWE writing at any given time, but that's not really one of them imo.

No, that really is one of them. It makes zero sense to volunteer it. He wasn't even pushed into it. He brought it up.

That shit was just poor booking. There were a million ways to make that logic work, and the writers just went "....and then sheamus puts the title on the line. Done!"

At least have Roman push him into it and he goes "MOTHERFUCKER! FINE! TITLE IS ON THE LINE TONIGHT! ARSE!"

Caderfix

Last night's Raw was still poorly written, full of logic holes and just overall still shitty.

But when it comes down to it, if you have a baby face who just kicks ass people cheer. It's really just that simple.

The second you start to think about last night's Raw it all falls apart.

Why the FUCK did Sheamus put his title on the line?

Yes. Also, the new day segment bothered me as well.

Kaladin

Did I actually see a good Raw last night? In December? That was great. I mean, it took Mr. McMahon to get Roman Reigns over, and he did more for Roman in 2 hours than Roman has done for himself since Wrestlemania, but damn. They actually got Roman right now.

Don't fuck this up.

DMczaf

Yes. Also, the new day segment bothered me as well.

You mean the segment where the New Day apologized and put over their opponents, and then wanted to celebrate their win but the baby faces said "What the fuck? You can't be happy you beat us fair and square! LETS KICK THEIR ASSES!"?

#WWELogic

Sephzilla

I watched Star Wars A New Hope last night instead of Raw, so I'm guessing I need to catch the Hulu version tonight or something?

On that note - man, the original Star Wars feels like such a fucking indie movie compared to the others

DMczaf

I watched Star Wars A New Hope last night instead of Raw, so I'm guessing I need to catch the Hulu version tonight or something?

On that note - man, the original Star Wars feels like such a fucking indie movie compared to the others

Technically, aren't all the Star Wars movies before Ep 7 "indie"?

I thought it was all on Lucas's dime?

You mean the segment where the New Day apologized and put over their opponents, and then wanted to celebrate their win but the baby faces said "What the fuck? You can't be happy you beat us fair and square! LETS KICK THEIR ASSES!"?

#WWELogic

There are no faces or heels. All men are crazy, temper tantrum throwing infants, and all the women are irrational people who hate other women for no good reason whatsoever. Also, they're fathers, mothers, and the charitable faces of a multi-million dollar corporation.

Sephzilla

Technically, aren't all the Star Wars movies before Ep 7 "indie"?

I thought it was all on Lucas's dime?

I'm not sure I can call a movie put out by 20th Century Fox as indie. But with the original you can just tell that it was a movie made with no expectations and a more limited budget.

T_Exige

So who wins the Royal Rumble? I was really expecting to be Reigns for the second time.
HHH, Brock Lesnar?
Ambrose and Del Rio already have a title. People that are left: Owens (my pick), Rusev, Barrett, Fella?

DMczaf

I'm not sure I can call a movie put out by 20th Century Fox as indie. But with the original you can just tell that it was a movie made with no expectations and a more limited budget.

Actually, Ep 4 for sure had Fox's money backing it. Ep 5 and 6? Were those all completely footed by Lucas?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Finn Balor is into LEGOs, so Samoa Joe decided to one-up him by declaring that he's into Warhammer 40K.

They're all nerds.
Joey Samoey comes out painted red and with a Waaagh! Banner. I can enjoy that. THE RED ONES GO FASTA!

Sephzilla

So who wins the Royal Rumble? I was really expecting to be Reigns for the second time.
HHH, Brock Lesnar?
Ambrose and Del Rio already have a title. People that are left: Owens (my pick), Rusev, Barrett, Fella?

It has to be Lesnar. I can already hear Michael Cole
aka Vince McMahon
screaming "AND WITH THAT ROMAN REIGNS AS SILENCED ALL THE DOUBTERS"

Caderfix

There are no faces or heels. All men are crazy, temper tantrum throwing infants, and all the women are irrational people who hate other women for no good reason whatsoever. Also, they're fathers, mothers, and the charitable faces of a multi-million dollar corporation.

You sound like a comprehensible version of Booker T right now.

Kaladin

I watched the final episodes of Jessica Jones last night. Really great series btw. Wrestling fans will appreciate the build they have for the battle with Killgrave. The writing of that show actually reminded me a lot of a good wrestling build.

Also, it didn't hurt to have David Tennant, but in a rare turn he actually wasn't needed to carry the rest of the cast.

No, that really is one of them. It makes zero sense to volunteer it. He wasn't even pushed into it. He brought it up.

That shit was just poor booking. There were a million ways to make that logic work, and the writers just went "....and then sheamus puts the title on the line. Done!"

At least have Roman push him into it and he goes "MOTHERFUCKER! FINE! TITLE IS ON THE LINE TONIGHT! ARSE!"

WWE feels like 98/99 wcw. Excited for people to pop for a decent rating later

Sephzilla

I watched the final episodes of Jessica Jones last night. Really great series btw. Wrestling fans will appreciate the build they have for the battle with Killgrave. The writing of that show actually reminded me a lot of a good wrestling build.

Also, it didn't hurt to have David Tennant, but in a rare turn he actually wasn't needed to carry the rest of the cast.

Both of Marvel's Netflix series have hit it out of the park in terms of villains. Kingpin and Killgrave are both leagues above all of the MCU villains.

Who will back the superior K'NEX?

I can totally see either Zack Ryder or Dolph Ziggler being K'Nex losers

Kaladin

Thing is, they have to carry this momentum through the usually creatively bad last two weeks of December. These are typically the worst Raws of the year. If they can turn that around, and carry it into January, it will be a golden Mania season.

Both of Marvel's Netflix series have hit it out of the park in terms of villains. Kingpin and Killgrave are both leagues above all of the MCU villains.

As much as I loved Daredevil, I actually liked Jessica Jones a lot better.

I can't wait for Luke Cage. It was smart to keep him in the Jessica Jones story.

Yeah, it was real good. Obv not a fun watch like most of Daredevil was, but I prefer JJ I think.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe Joey Samoey is one of those Eldar fucks. I hope not. Fuck the Eldar.

Top Bottom