• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Kornflayx

Watched Raw:

1. Vince is amazing. Outperforms everyone on the show
2. Steph is shit. Instant fast forward material
3. More of the Reigns that was in the main event, less Reigns that talks about tater tots

I want this Reigns back: Piper's Pit

Kind of want to make an avatar bet about the outcomes of Nia Jax vs. Bayley and Samoa Joe vs. Finn Balor tomorrow, but I don't feel strongly about how these matches will end.

If I were a betting man, I'd say both Bayley and Finn retain tomorrow. And Enzo/Cass/Carmella get the tag titles.

Barrage

If I were them I'd keep Brock completely away from Roman and the title picture. Brock doesn't need the title anyway.

The only reason I want Brock in the Rumble is for the actual match-Viking Brock, as he's booked now, would be incredibly fun in the Rumble.

Also, Brock is so over that anyone eliminating him from the Rumble is A) instantly given some shine if they're a low-carder, ala Maven, or B) instantly given a feud if they're high card, aka Owens.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jax has gotta go over Bayley. Can't see any benefit for Jax to not go over, and Bayley won't win via heel shenanigans unless for some weird reason she turns. I just can't think of a way for Jax to not be winning, despite her need for more time. Then again, Developmental is Developmental.

Sephzilla

I think Bailey is going over Jax. Maybe Eva Marie tries to interfere and accidentally hits Jax instead of Bailey which lets Bailey steal a win. Jax is good but I think giving her the belt is too much too soon. Plus the other reason I think Bailey is going over Jax is because I think Joe is going to beat Balor, and I don't think NXT would book both face champs to lose.

What was the point of that new day segment? My SO and I were both confused. I understand they were being annoying at the end but the first part of it just didnt feel right.

DMczaf

Prepare for a meltdown from Star Wars-GAF.

Just the slightest hints of "It's not the greatest movie ever" are rustling their jimmies.

Toki767

Bayley should win, but honestly, if she won, she'd have no one left to face aside from Asuka.

And I honestly think HHH is building towards Jax vs Asuka rather than Bayley vs Asuka.

Sephzilla

Bayley should win, but honestly, if she won, she'd have no one left to face aside from Asuka.

And I honestly think HHH is building towards Jax vs Asuka rather than Bayley vs Asuka.

Emma? Dana?

Just the slightest hints of "It's not the greatest movie ever" are rustling their jimmies.

The first website that goes for the click-bait "TFA sucks" review is going to bring GAF to its knees

Barrage

The money match is Heel Asuka VS Face Bailey.

But having Jax win tomorrow gives them more matches (Jax/Asuka) in the interim.

And of course, if Bailey gets called up everything changes.

Ithil

It seems way too early for Bayley to lose her title, she's only just hitting her stride as the top female on the show.
Plus the Jax title matches we would have to get...woof.

ngower

Re-watching TLC. Good lord, we hated the Sheamus v Reigns match. Lots of reviews have given it plenty of praise but the crowd was not having it. Complete 180 to last night's Raw.

Sephzilla

I could legitimately see Asuka being undefeated all the way to the NXT Women's Title. She's basically received a Brock Lesnar type of build where she just destroys everyone in front of her.

Barrage

Just realized..was Sheamus/Owens/New Day/Del Rio the first time in WWE history no White American had any Men's Titles?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They haven't said what it was and they never will if its a concussion because the first rule of concussion protocol is

klonere

Banned
I'll lazily repost my NXT predictions here because I had already started doing them for the OT.

Joe vs Finn. Total toss up. SORT OF PUBLIC SPOILERS
Finn said at an NXT panel in England that Joe had "never met the demon". Demon has never been beat and won't be beaten
. Joe is definitely at the top of his game and has stepped up from his other feuds in NXT. His match with Ciampa showed off his intensity and ability to look absolutely dominant. He can 100% be champ. Finn on the other hand...Finn I love ya. Your my boy. But you have kinda been coasting since Itami got hurt. I feel this is the match where you gotta blow the roof off cos you sure as shit can't cut a good face promo yet. I'm feeling a heel turn when Sami gets back though!

Heart: Finn
Head: Joe

Bayley vs Nia....mmm not sure if they'd take the title off Bayley here. I still think the money feud is with Asuka. I guess it does hurt a monster heel to instantly lose their first serious match though so again, this match could go either way.

Heart: IT'S BAYLEY
Head: Nia

Tag team match seems to be set up for Enzo & Cass to win. They've done a long slow burn with this team, with them getting screwed, outclassed, hurt along the way. They are kinda at risk of losing one too many times here if they lose the gold. It does hurt Dash & Dawson to lose the titles so quick but whether or not a long run until Gable & Jordan become champs is sustainable with this un-spectacular but solid team is another question.

Heart: Enzo & Cass
Head: Enzo & Cass

Corbin needs a big win. I don't think it hurts Apollo all that much to lose this one. Although the dude seems to have gotten actively worse at promos since he got to NXT. It really does take a special talent to be a good babyface in WWE. Corbin on the other hand is seriously about to break out. He's a big mean dude
AND HE'S BEEN DOING A POWERBOMB LIKE I SAID HE SHOULD
with a big mean look and some solid promos.

Heart: Corbin
Head: Crews

Thinking about it I think Asuka wins. If Emma can put on a performance that really makes a statement,putting her back on the map, it doesn't matter if she loses. Asuka is definitely the person to have that performance with and Asuka/Bayley is the big NXT Mania feud. Perhaps their will be Dana shenanigans but NXT is very gunshy (thank god!) when fucking over babyfaces at big events with interference so I doubt this will happen.

Heart: Asuka
Head: Asuka

Verendus

Banned

The bar is pretty low so it shouldn't be difficult for the new movie to be the best one yet, even if it doesn't have the cultural impact of the original movie, which is frankly impossible anyway.

None of the Star Wars movies were particularly great in the first place though. The old ones were fun back then, and I can understand why they became such a phenomenon, but they're pretty mediocre now, and the latest ones from a decade ago or whatever were forgettable when they released.

So how long until Asuka's streak gets broken? I don't mean to be negative - I love Asuka, however, I want to be prepared for the worst.

smh
It seems pretty obvious to me that when Cena dropped those chairs on Barrett it broke something physically in him that has never and can never be properly fixed of course will the WWE ever acknowledge and fix it at the risk of exposing there golden boy Jon Cena I dont think so meanwhile Wade has to walk around as a broken husk of a dude that they keep distracting with shiny baubles like the intercontinent champion and the KOTR
smh

smh
It seems pretty obvious to me that when Cena dropped those chairs on Barrett it broke something physically in him that has never and can never be properly fixed of course will the WWE ever acknowledge and fix it at the risk of exposing there golden boy Jon Cena I dont think so meanwhile Wade has to walk around as a broken husk of a dude that they keep distracting with shiny baubles like the intercontinent champion and the KOTR
smh

i've completely lost track of your gimmick Pepsi

The bar is pretty low so it shouldn't be difficult for the new movie to be the best one yet, even if it doesn't have the cultural impact of the original movie, which is frankly impossible anyway.

None of the Star Wars movies were particularly great in the first place though. The old ones were fun back then, and I can understand why they became such a phenomenon, but they're pretty mediocre now, and the latest ones from a decade ago or whatever were forgettable when they released.

True. Except for Revenge of the Sith and the face of the first episode, Darth Maul, The whole fanbase refuses to acknowledge the prequels. Hence why they hold the original trilogy in a higher regard.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's a lot of suspension of disbelief with last night's Raw
KuGsj.gif

Vince: "You've got no CHANCE IN HELL to get a title match!"
Roman: "You have old balls"
Vince: "You got your match buddy"

Then in the middle of the match, for some reason Vince distracts the officials while the League of Nations beats up Reigns. Except the stipulation was that Roman has to win the title. If he just didn't distract the official Roman would have won by disqualification.

Verendus

Banned
There's a lot of suspension of disbelief with last night's Raw
KuGsj.gif

Vince: "You've got no CHANCE IN HELL to get a title match!"
Roman: "You have old balls"
Vince: "You got your match buddy"

Then in the middle of the match, for some reason Vince distracts the officials while the League of Nations beats up Reigns. Except the stipulation was that Roman has to win the title. If he just didn't distract the official Roman would have won by disqualification.
They were trying to humiliate the emperor by having him lose like a chump, but it simply did not work. Roman was like, nuh-uh, I ain't no chump. I'm a champ.

Top Bottom