• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Caderfix

So we have people saying Roman is booked like any of these:

Cena
SCSA
Daniel Bryan

So, first up, what's the consensus? Or are people talking out of their ass? And whichever you choose, it's successful so far. You know the adage. It's hard as fuck to get over, but once you're over...

Goddamn stay on topic!

It's not hard to understand, really. At first he was a smart ass superman (Cena), later on they tried to make him the underdog being screwed by the authority (D Bryan) and then he got mad and attacked his bosses while acting as if he's on breaking point (Austin).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fandango was over for 2 nights in a row too
KuGsj.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can we wait to say he's over until he gets that kind of pop on four consecutive live shows? If we count the ending to TLC as one (during the HHH beatdown), last night's Raw (during the title match), we can wait 2 more live shows before we de-de-declare that Reigns is now over.
Waiting sounds fine. I just don't want to see you say "well no we need EIGHT weeks of people cheering him" after he fulfills this obligation, like how this thread kept changing expectations as he overcame them. It's a nasty habit here to try to detract from his accomplishments :)

Waiting sounds fine. I just don't want to see you say "well no we need EIGHT weeks of people cheering him" after he fulfills this obligation, like how this thread kept changing expectations as he overcame them. It's a nasty habit here to try to detract from his accomplishments :)

Nah, none of that moving goalposts bullshit. Four live shows where Reigns gets the level of crowd reaction that he got in Philadelphia at TLC and last night's Raw. That takes us to next week's Raw at the Target Center in Minneapolis next week and at Barclays Center in Brooklyn on December 28. Those are good to very good wrestling towns, for WWE's sake Reigns will hopefully get a good reaction from the crowd.

The Raws after that are:
January 4: AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX
January 11: Smoothie King Center, New Orleans, LA
January 18: Nationwide Arena, Columbus, OH

And then it's the Rumble on January 24 at Amway Center in Orlando, FL.

Keeping on topic anyone watch these yuji Nagata movies?
url.jpg

Why are that monster's breasts on fire?

I don't know if Reigns will be over everywhere but I am starting to back him. Last year he was being pushed a little too soon for my liking but now I think he's put a hell of a lot of work in to improve himself and deserves a shot to run with the title. I am fine with it.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I think my biggest problem with Reigns is he always looks so happy.

I get the dude is happy that he won the title and is showing emotion, but he always tries to come across as a bad ass but then he's all like ":)"

jmdajr

I was pretty happy with Vinnie Mac's performance last night.

Considering all the rumors he was going blind and all that....he was fucking great! Brought it.

I think my biggest problem with Reigns is he always looks so happy.

I get the dude is happy that he won the title and is showing emotion, but he always tries to come across as a bad ass but then he's all like ":)"
He's a bad ass with a heart. Dude cried in the ring after his loss.
I'd love to see Vince dress them all down for being incompetent. Rusev's facials would be gold.
Well, I'd like that, but we know Rusev is not capable of being incompetent.
Lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The dick kick last night was so fantastic. Ranks up there with Vince kicking out the one legged man during an arm wrestling match.

Ithil

Who's supposed to be the heel challenger when it's not HHH? Sheamus is such a geek, he's already been beaten like four times in a month long reign. Is that going to be the Rumble title match?
They might top Hardcore Holly as far as lame Rumble challengers go.

Vince McMahon is like an old friend at this point. You know he's a shithead but god damn if you can't help but smile when he shows up to the party

rrc1594

Man if WWE turn Roman heel at SS, you could of had Top heel with Roman and Babyface with Dean. He could of had a team called Roman Empire. Now we have no heel

Another (possible) Barrett injury might actually be a good thing, he can be repackaged for the billionth time and escape the crown of the cursed king.

Orton having a year off could be the best thing for him. Dude is only 35, he could have 4-5 more years in him even with how young he started and how much abuse he's taken, but he needs some time away from the crowds to let the stink of his more stale moments recently fade away.

jmdajr

“I know that I’m in a time fighting business. I’ve always sworn to myself that if I can’t keep up with the current level athletically, it’s my time to take another role, whether that’s commentating on the matches or stepping behind the curtain and molding younger talent. I always want to do whatever I can to help the [professional wrestling] industry. I see firsthand how happy we make kids and families. When you get a kid to sit down and have a conversation with [their] Superman, it’s the coolest thing. It makes their day. That’s a pretty cool, unique thing.”

Sina

klonere

Banned
The Seth/Randy feud could have brought Orton to another level but they fucked it up by repeating the turn once he came back from his injury. Man that feud coulda been so fucking good. It still was pretty good, it just coulda been better.

Kind of want to make an avatar bet about the outcomes of Nia Jax vs. Bayley and Samoa Joe vs. Finn Balor tomorrow, but I don't feel strongly about how these matches will end.

Top Bottom