• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

DMczaf

UTp8mDc.gif

Cagey

Banned
Ya'll joke on Nash. Barrett's been injured more than Mark Henry at this point. This fragile little' bare knuckle brawler'.

Think about what would happen if Barrett were made of steel: he'd be featured on television more and with fewer breaks.

We're lucky.

KingBroly

Banned
I'd be curious to know what "place" you want to see her "put in".

Presumably if they ever fix the Women's division, you'd make her "Mrs. McMahon" where the top lady gets the best of her on a near weekly and/or monthly basis.

It's not the most creative thing ever, but it's what they should do.

Vince, although he may be old an out of touch, made Reigns look like a million bucks last night. That's what she should do for the women.

Aiii

So not worth it
One thing though, I have to say, I haven't watched Raw in a while so maybe this is a regular thing, but Roman was stellar last night and I respect the hell out of that. Also, I think he will make a decent champion going into Mania.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
If I were them I'd keep Brock completely away from Roman and the title picture. Brock doesn't need the title anyway.

Yeah - I think Cena / Reigns is the next progression. I think now that they have Brock signed for a couple of years, they can take their time for Reigns / Lesnar. I think the reason they rushed Reigns / Lesnar was because they didn't know whether Brock was sticking around after WM 31.

The only reason I want Brock in the Rumble is for the actual match-Viking Brock, as he's booked now, would be incredibly fun in the Rumble.

A) He absolutely has to come in after New Day has gone on a run of like getting rid of 6-7 people, at which point he like overhand throws Kofi out of the ring.

B) Only way he goes out if it's a situation where all the Wyatts are ganging up on him or whoever they want to set up as his WM opponent. Hell, I'd be all for like "League of Nations vs Brock Lesnar", where Brock proceeds to turn on destructo-mode and run through all of them.

Also, Brock is so over that anyone eliminating him from the Rumble is A) instantly given some shine if they're a low-carder, ala Maven, or B) instantly given a feud if they're high card, aka Owens.

I see the following options for Lesnar

1) Lesnar v Reigns 2 (Main Event is Cena vs Taker)
2) Lesnar v Returning Star (Batista, Rock)
3) Lesnar v Bait (Owens, Sheamus, etc)

The money match is Heel Asuka VS Face Bailey.

But having Jax win tomorrow gives them more matches (Jax/Asuka) in the interim.

And of course, if Bailey gets called up everything changes.

I'm terrified of Bayley getting called up unless it is done perfectly. I honestly think her and Balor should stay in NXT and be the main stars of NXT, and be put at a level equal to the main roster. Kayfabe reasoning is simple too - Regal has asked WWE to leave Bayley in NXT to a) headline shows and b) mentor newer recruits, and that takes priority over the main roster. You can even play it up as the "dream match" that one day the NXT champion will take on the WWE champion to see who is the best.

EDIT: Tentative WM 32 card

Card 1:
Main Event: Cena vs Undertaker
WWE WHC: HHH (RR winner) vs Reigns (c)
Lesnar vs Batista (or someone else who is fine getting manhandled)
Undertaker and Kane vs the Wyatts or something
Zayn vs Owens (IC Title)
Ambrose vs Del Rio (US Title)

Card 2:
Main Event: Cena (RR Winner) vs Reigns (c), WWE WHC
HHH vs Ambrose
Lesnar vs Bait
Taker vs Bait

Card 3: Lesnar vs Reigns, WWE WHC
Cena vs Taker
HHH vs Ambrose

EDIT: A Final Four in the Rumble being Ambrose, Lesnar, Cena, and HHH would be...pretty epic, because all of them could legitimately win.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like the League of Nations.

I'm hoping they stick around for a good while. I also kind of want to see them face off against The Wyatts. Good Wrestlemania match there potentially.

Do they even have enough guys to fill out the card if they do that? WM is like 4 hours. I mean, you still got Reigns, Ambrose, Owens, Lesnar, Cena and Taker, but odds some of those guys are fighting each other.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm still completely convinced that the plan for WrestleMania was actually Rollins v. Reigns v. Ambrose.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
North America hosses are best, if I had to break it down by continent. Europe is no slouch, though. Nor is Africa...or Asia...

Yknow fuck it. Let's do it. Hoss Tournament, winner is declared the "World Warrior"

North America hosses are best, if I had to break it down by continent. Europe is no slouch, though. Nor is Africa...or Asia...

Yknow fuck it. Let's do it. Hoss Tournament, winner is declared the "World Warrior"

Depends on the constraints. All time, NA. Present day? EU all the way. Especially if you go non WWE.

I just finished watching Raw from last night. Outside of a few boring matches (Breeze/Neville, Ryback's match, and the Divas match) that was probably the best Raw I've seen all year. Good moment for Reigns seeing as he was booed out of the building in Philly back in January, and finally got over in December in the same city.

I thought Vince was going to break a hip taking a bump like that.

Ithil

It's incredible how fast Breeze was made into a goober. I mean the wackier gimmicks like Adam Rose or whatever usually fall fast but at least Rose got some vignettes and a bunch of bad segments doing his Rosebud thing. Breeze just showed up out of nowhere on a Smackdown, and was a jobber within a couple of weeks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Japan wins easily. They have a whole division dedicated to it and are basically the reason old school hoss wrestling is popular again.

feud.JPG

latest

yuji-hino-hinoko-d-1342396389.jpg

Kazuki_Hashimoto_2015.JPG

0214f1.jpg

ShigehiroIrie.jpg

20120123_H6dDyRz2_zpsfd73db5f.jpg

That's not even counting guys like Shingo or Kondo

somedevil

More details on the Viewership for 12/14:

8pm: 4.043
9pm: 3.786
10pm: 3.825

Avg: 3.885

Wow all the missing viewers returned for this Raw. Plus viewership increased in the 3rd hour and Reigns title win got the 3rd hour the highest 18-49 viewership.

Night one was a success.

It's incredible how fast Breeze was made into a goober. I mean the wackier gimmicks like Adam Rose or whatever usually fall fast but at least Rose got some vignettes and a bunch of bad segments doing his Rosebud thing. Breeze just showed up out of nowhere on a Smackdown, and was a jobber within a couple of weeks.

I think that's what he was brought up for. I mean, his gimmick is super one dimensional. He's a good guy to have on the midcard.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I'm still completely convinced that the plan for WrestleMania was actually Rollins v. Reigns v. Ambrose.

I thought it might be Reigns v Rollins v Ambrose v Lesnar. Basically, have the only real way to beat Lesnar require the Shield.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the long-term plan for WM 33. Especially considering WM 33 is in...Minneapolis, Lesnar's home state.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Somewhere, someone truly believes the original plan for Mania was always Bryan/Batista/Orton

lol, I think Steph and Bryan both confirmed that the original plan was Sheamus / Bryan, Punk / HHH, Lesnar / Taker, Orton / Batista? I know Steph and HHH had a big interview with Bleacher Report or someone fairly big about how the whole thing changed and how they realized they had something with Bryan after the Seattle RAW.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The only problem with a lot of the Japanese hosses is that they're much shorter than their counterparts. It's not the be all to end all, but it is a big deal in my eyes. Uphill battle.

Still, they're some tough fuckers.

Angry Grimace

I thought it might be Reigns v Rollins v Ambrose v Lesnar. Basically, have the only real way to beat Lesnar require the Shield.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the long-term plan for WM 33. Especially considering WM 33 is in...Minneapolis, Lesnar's home state.

There's no reason to add Lesnar into it other than diluting the match and your star power. They actually already did that with Orton a while back.

thefro

A goofy gimmick doesn't make you automatically a goober.

It's basically just an updated version of the Gorgeous George gimmick. It'd work for him as an upper-midcard guy who could main event a PPV once or twice against a strong face champion.

You could still turn it around, but it's WWE so I'm not expecting it.

Top Bottom