• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

KingBroly

Banned
That was all Vince.

I agree. If Hunter or Steph were there, it wouldn't have felt the way it did. Vince was like 'fuck this bullshit DAMMIT! I'll do it myself!' and he fucking did. And it was great. Selling Reigns' Superman punch, pulling out the ref to tell him of his old bedtime stories, etc. All Classic Vince.

Kaladin

Vince just brings "IT" to his performance like no one else does. Maybe it's because it's his product, but he was literally the best talker on Raw in a long time with that performance last night.

To the point that I seriously wonder if Roman Reigns will sink without him.

NoRéN

Chuck Taylor vs Kikutaro is going to be a goddamn MOTYC contender, I'm certain. Also, Thatcher vs Marty should be interesting, their styles should mesh very well - the more flashy, Saint-esque escapology and joint manipulation vs someone well versed in the Lancashire catch style.

PWG have no desire to expand, simply put.
Completely forgot. Spot on highlighting those two matches. Loved both of them.

Kikutaro and chuck Taylor had such great chemistry together.

Thatcher, my, what an impressive man. Great look, great moves, and just overall good clash of styles and characters against the villain.

Marty Scurll is a straight up cool dude to talk to.

SD

* Titus O'Neil defeated Tyler Breeze with Clash of the Titus. Goldust came down during the match and sat with Summer in her VIP section. Goldust was taking selfies with Breeze's selfie stick and distracted him with it, leading to Titus getting the win.

Also Barrett's back

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Vince just brings "IT" to his performance like no one else does. Maybe it's because it's his product, but he was literally the best talker on Raw in a long time with that performance last night.

HHH did the job the night before, really well too, to the point where I really would mind him using his old man skills to win the rumbo himself.

Anth0ny

Vince was one of the gods from the attitude era. He will always be over for that reason alone. When people see him performing, they don't think of the 70 year old out of touch fuck ruining every show, they don't think of the weird FREAK of the post attitude era.... They think back to 98 and just how damn entertaining he was. And they pop. And they bow. He will ALWAYS be over for that reason.

Same thing applies to guys like rock, Austin, hhh, foley, taker... Vince is at that level. It's cool to see he's still got "it" in front of the camera.... Too bad it's not the same behind the scenes.

Entropia

No One Remembers
SD

* Titus O'Neil defeated Tyler Breeze with Clash of the Titus. Goldust came down during the match and sat with Summer in her VIP section. Goldust was taking selfies with Breeze's selfie stick and distracted him with it, leading to Titus getting the win.

Also Barrett's back

But he was injured!!!!

That was all Vince.
tumblr_njwdhnQsuO1srbyoyo1_500.gif

Cagey

Banned
Vince McMahon is a supremely talented genius slash badly out of touch old man. He got Reigns over himself and generated huge ratings and massively entertaining television last night while also ruining RAW by forcing Reigns down our throats when we want Cesaro and Ambrose and Ziggler.

Makes sense.

Vince McMahon is a supremely talented genius slash badly out of touch old man. He got Reigns over himself and generated huge ratings and massively entertaining television last night while also ruining RAW by forcing Reigns down our throats when we want Cesaro and Ambrose and Ziggler.

Makes sense.

CMw1zkn.gif

Full SD

* WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns opens SmackDown talking about how good it felt to win the title on Monday and how it was it so great to win on his daughter's birthday. Reigns says he doesn't think he has many days left in WWE. Sheamus interrupts and says he's happy for Roman, pointing out how it's been longer than 5 minutes and 15 seconds. Sheamus says it won't be much longer until he wins the title back. "You look stupid" chants break out. Sheamus tells them to respect the hawk. Sheamus says there is an investigation going on in regards to Reigns and he can't fight or make any appearances, or be in this building tonight. Roman says to come and make him leave. Security guards come out and Reigns destroys them.

* Ryback vs. WWE United States Champion Alberto Del Rio is next. Ryback hits the Meathook and goes for Shellshocked but Rusev, Sheamus and King Barrett interfere. Del Rio takes advantage and hits the cross armbreaker on Ryback for the win. After the match, the League of Nations beats Ryback down. Sheamus hits a Brogue Kick and Rusev puts him in The Accolade.

* The Lucha Dragons vs. The New Day is advertised for later. There's a backstage segment with Tyler Breeze and Summer Rae talking about his match with Titus O'Neil. Goldust creeps around from behind and Summer sprays hairspray in his mouth.

* Backstage segment with Dean Ambrose talking about the beatdown he got from Kevin Owens on RAW.

* They show highlights from TLC with the ECW Originals and The Wyatt Family. Bray Wyatt cuts a promo.

* The Lucha Dragons defeated The New Day (Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) in a non-title match. Big E tried to play the trombone but it wouldn't work. Woods distracted the referee and Big pulled Cara off the apron at one point. Cara came back in and dived onto Woods and Big E. Kalisto grabbed Kofi from the corner and rolled him up for the win.

* Backstage segment with Dolph Ziggler talking about Kevin Owens.

* Becky Lynch defeated Brie Bella by submission. Team BAD came out during the match with "unity" signs. They took seats behind the announcers and the "we want Sasha" chants started up. WWE Divas Champion Charlotte comes out and trips Brie while Becky has the referee distracted. Becky then gets the win.

* Backstage segment with Charlotte and Becky. Becky doesn't think Charlotte thinks she can win on her own.

* Dolph Ziggler defeated Kevin Owens by DQ in the main event when Owens threw him over the announce table. Owens dominated most of the match and went for a pop-up powerbomb at one point but Ziggler countered with Sweet Chin Music. Owens kicked out and then they went to the floor and the DQ happened. Ziggler came back but Owens threw him into the steel steps. Owens went to powerbomb Ziggler into the steps but Dean Ambrose came out and they brawled. Owens escaped and walked away. Ziggler was being helped to the back by referees when Owens superkicked him. Ambrose chased Owens to the stage and they had a staredown. Ambrose checked on Ziggler but Owens superkicked Ambrose. Owens laughed at them both as SmackDown goes off the air with both Ambrose and Ziggler down.

hamchan

Full SD

* The Lucha Dragons defeated The New Day (Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) in a non-title match. Big E tried to play the trombone but it wouldn't work. Woods distracted the referee and Big pulled Cara off the apron at one point. Cara came back in and dived onto Woods and Big E. Kalisto grabbed Kofi from the corner and rolled him up for the win.

I like that only Woods has the ability to play the trombone.

Dion314

Neo Member
Full SD

Dolph Ziggler defeated Kevin Owens by DQ in the main event when Owens threw him over the announce table. Owens dominated most of the match and went for a pop-up powerbomb at one point but Ziggler countered with Sweet Chin Music. Owens kicked out and then they went to the floor and the DQ happened. Ziggler came back but Owens threw him into the steel steps. Owens went to powerbomb Ziggler into the steps but Dean Ambrose came out and they brawled. Owens escaped and walked away. Ziggler was being helped to the back by referees when Owens superkicked him. Ambrose chased Owens to the stage and they had a staredown. Ambrose checked on Ziggler but Owens superkicked Ambrose. Owens laughed at them both as SmackDown goes off the air with both Ambrose and Ziggler down.

Make Owens look strong? It's obviously leading up to a triple threat at some point...and I LIKE Owens...but I don't like him standing tall over Ambrose AND Ziggler at the same time.

Makes sense.

It's almost like there's a difference between Vince's ability to play an egotistical asshole on television that has been over for decades, and his current ability to create compelling television week after week.

Oersted

Actual news is that Barrett is still alive

Make Owens look strong? It's obviously leading up to a triple threat at some point...and I LIKE Owens...but I don't like him standing tall over Ambrose AND Ziggler at the same time.

They better give him the title again, otherwise way to devalue it.

The title "People's Champion" has been thrown around a lot over the years, but Roman is the first man to truly deserve to carry it.

#YouDeserveIt
#ThankYouRoman
Hold up now....The Rock is way too likable these days to give up that title. Let's at least wait until Roman's second or third year as champ before we start calling him The People's Champ.

Hold up now....The Rock is way too likable these days to give up that title. Let's at least wait until Roman's second or third year as champ before we start calling him The People's Champ.

The people have spoken. Roman Reigns speaks for the new generation. My generation. And you can believe that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm gonna laugh if the women's setup is Becky jobbing to Charlotte until the feud ends and then Paige just comes back

Hold up now uce...
nP5ZiBw.gif

These numbers ain't adding up.

Getcho ass out here
C9kvpnA.gif

Just the other day I was on my favorite website, you might have heard of it, it's called WORLDSTARHIPHOP, looking for vines and snap chats and such, and even they had a video of Roman Reigns winning the title. If that's not the evidence you need that Roman is our champion, I don't know what is.

Just the other day I was on my favorite website, you might have heard of it, it's called WORLDSTARHIPHOP, looking for vines and snap chats and such, and even they had a video of Roman Reigns winning the title. If that's not the evidence you need that Roman is our champion, I don't know what is.
That's all the proof I needed. People's Champ it is!

UberTag

If I didn't know better, it sounds like WWE put booking effort and storyline advancement into Smackdown this week as well.
Clearly they're trying to compensate for the annual holiday coast period (Slammies / Tribute to the Troops).

KingBroly

Banned
So...
they're making Reigns out to be a criminal now? Alright...it's better than John Cena. Although it sounds very similar to the Master of Thuganomics

Anth0ny

lF531h7.jpg

RIP Jim Dotson, Attitude Era head of security. He passed away on December 10. He was only 49 :(

now wrestler heaven has security when a stupid ass mark tries to shoot on a worker

Kaiterra

Banned
Full SD

* WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns opens SmackDown talking about how good it felt to win the title on Monday and how it was it so great to win on his daughter's birthday. Reigns says he doesn't think he has many days left in WWE. Sheamus interrupts and says he's happy for Roman, pointing out how it's been longer than 5 minutes and 15 seconds. Sheamus says it won't be much longer until he wins the title back. "You look stupid" chants break out. Sheamus tells them to respect the hawk. Sheamus says there is an investigation going on in regards to Reigns and he can't fight or make any appearances, or be in this building tonight. Roman says to come and make him leave. Security guards come out and Reigns destroys them.

That's good.

Top Bottom