• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Fox318

Have we talked about Alexa's bitchin new entrance music?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=96Uu_S8-dzM

8tNzOs2.gif

VvrvZ47.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
oh yeah, austin and bret never protected their spot

Did Bret ever really protect his spot?

Austin, sure. He's pretty famous for it.

Bret's real influence moves were...to feud with Owen instead of Bruce, and to get screwed out of the title at Survivor Series.

Why would Bret need to protect his spot? Was Duke Drose trying to politic his way to the top?

repo man trying to take his house?

It was him or Shawn.

The boss is the be-all end-all. You don't always have to agree with him, you can certainly advise him to take a different route, but at the end of the day, he makes the call.

Ok so how does that make Brett untrustworthy? I only break your trust if we agree to do something and I go against the agreement. Did Brett and Vince agree he would lose the match and Brett didn't follow the plan?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Chaos and the Eldar looked cool, also Orks are awesome regardless, but I generally prefer fantasy tropes to guns and tanks. Also, no undead, skaven or night goblin equivalent. I had a bad-ass night goblin army back in the day.
Eldar are for cunts! Man... My faith in you is shaken. Ah well.

How much did you spend on your night goblins?

The only time Austin protecting his spot was a bad thing was when he didn't want to put Brock over.

He was fine losing to Brock, he just didn't want to do it on a random Raw with no more than an hour or two build. He thought because it'd be important, it deserved to be treated important, but Vince wouldn't budge from having it on a fucking Raw for ratings

Fox318

He was fine losing to Brock, he just didn't want to do it on a random Raw with no more than an hour or two build. He thought because it'd be important, it deserved to be treated important, but Vince wouldn't budge from having it on a fucking Raw for ratings

Yup.

Austin always had a knack for knowing what things to say no to save for Debra's story line involvement.

I mean Austin not wanting to put over HHH was the right move.

Part of the reason HHH refused to turn face was because he knew he would have to job to Austin to establish him as a credible heel.

Eldar are for cunts! Man... My faith in you is shaken. Ah well.

How much did you spend on your night goblins?

In total? No idea. This was back when I was a kid, so I had to save up for ages to get all the pieces I wanted - I was always more into painting and collecting them than actually playing the game, tbh. Eldar did look cool, though - you can't deny that! Those jet bikes were awesome.

Hex

Banned
Warhammer > 40k

Actually, I better not get in a discussion about either. I'll just end up impulse buying a bunch of paints and figures again and I don't want to fall back down that money sinkhole, haha!

Age of Sigmar has broken my heart.
Now it is 40k, 30k and X-Wing taking my attention.
My Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings are put away for now.

more money to be made as a ppv.

For example if they really wanted to promote Reigns and boost raw ratings they could have had Reigns championship match next week with a week of build and promotion.

Plus if every other big star got to pass Brock the torch on PPV (see Hogan, Rock), it seems especially ridiculous to have Austin of all people lose clean on Raw. Destroying him to end the show and build to the PPV would have accomplished more.

TV shows should matter, but not as much as the actual PPV events. Stuff like a Reigns/Sheamus title change on Raw is great to show Raw matters, but you wouldn't have Reigns/HHH or Reigns/Brock 2 or Reigns/Cena or Rock/Cena there. Those are all events that people would definitely pay for. And even over a decade ago, the same could be said for Austin/Brock

Giving it away for free is a dumb decision you'd expect from TNA

Fox318

Plus if every other big star got to pass Brock the torch on PPV (see Hogan, Rock), it seems especially ridiculous to have Austin of all people lose clean on Raw. Destroying him to end the show and build to the PPV would have accomplished more.

TV shows should matter, but not as much as the actual PPV events. Stuff like a Reigns/Sheamus title change on Raw is great to show Raw matters, but you wouldn't have Reigns/HHH or Reigns/Brock 2 or Reigns/Cena or Rock/Cena there. Those are all events that people would definitely pay for. And even over a decade ago, the same could be said for Austin/Brock

Giving it away for free is a dumb decision you'd expect from TNA

I think the big issue right now with WWE is that they don't have the talent to promote 12 PPV events plus network specials.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I think I'm gonna take a break for the holidays, guys. I'll be back sometime in January to post the Lucha Underground OT, but I'm just not enjoying posting on GAF anymore. I need a month off to recharge and set some things in order.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm gonna take a break for the holidays, guys. I'll be back sometime in January to post the Lucha Underground OT, but I'm just not enjoying posting on GAF anymore. I need a month off to recharge and set some things in order.

Be good, Frank.

Good luck with everything, friend. Have a happy 2016

Maypac did 4.6 million buys

UFC had a banner year for ppv behind Connor and roused

Wrestlemania 32 being 10 bucks is dumb from a business perspective.

Recall

WWE has TV show with a longer running time than PPVs, they've shown they don't see it being to build each PPV up regardless if that is the right thing to do or not.

There is no more of this build up a show and have a payoff but more keeping everything just running at this constant medium.

They want to change from the old ways but they haven't found a better way of telling their stories and generating interest. They really need to figure that part out or Reign's title reign isn't going to have the long lasting impact I think they are striving for with having built it up for so long.

more money to be made as a ppv.

For example if they really wanted to promote Reigns and boost raw ratings they could have had Reigns championship match next week with a week of build and promotion.

That would have made absolutely no sense in storyline. The only reason Reigns getting a shot on Monday made any bit of sense (which it barely did) was that Vince saw it as a way to get back at him on the way out. Allowing him to have a job for another week goes against everything else they were doing in relation to him on Monday.

Ithil

Bret refused to do the job, they offered him a variety of solutions, all of which he refused only to counter with "well I'll drop it later."

If one of my employees tells me, "well boss, I'm not doing what you want me to do, I'm doing something else entirely and then I'll maybe do it another time." He's being untrustworthy, he's not willing to play ball. So yeah, fuck him.

I'm not sure what's so hard to understand here. Bret had his reasons, that's fine, but it's not like he's an amazing beacon of great decision-making there. I 100% understand why Vince did what he did.

Or, to quote Taker: "Motherfucker! It’s not always about you!"

You forget the part where Bret said to Shawn he would be willing to put aside their differences just once and drop the title, but Shawn said "Thanks, but I wouldn't do the same for you", which made Bret say he wouldn't drop it to Shawn under any circumstances. He wanted to drop it to Austin or anyone else after Survivor Series, anyone but Shawn.

Regardless, he wasn't even finished on his contract for another month after Survivor Series, and Bischoff had given him extra time before his WCW debut to sort out his WWF issues. As it turned out, Vince made sure he didn't need the extra time.

Just stop by to say hi every once in a while like I do. Life has been busy for me since I went back to college and have entered a serious relationship. Which is why I don't post as often as I used to, and I am more tolerant of our sport and you carnies. And it's also great to help prevent you from being banned.

I haven't been banned in a long time. Like... over two days.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to stop my stealth brag post and play some kideo games as well as do some werk.

giphy.gif

take care and happy holidays, brother bronx

Menome

Is this a long-term work for the return of the Intellectual Saviour? Damien Sandow has joined the Scottish Rite Masons...who apparently have a podcast:

7QWcrr2.jpg

In the building for Takeover. Good amount of PROGRESS merch. I think half the roster is due to be in the crowd as well... There are also giant pixelated (because TNA) Kurt Angle ads all over.

If you want an indicator of WWE Network performance, there was a lady in the queue with an iPad coming up asking if people had the Network or were interested in subscribing.

At a live event for a show you have to have the Network to watch.

Top Bottom