• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

klonere

Banned
Yes it was mostly us disgusting shitchanting, show hijacking inconsiderate cunt UK/Irish people posting in the OT.

I am deeply sorry for the actions of my neighbours and countrymen in attendance, Data West and Gonzalez. I will give them a stern talking to next time, that'll tell them not to chant or anything. I'll send them a bunch of NWA tapes and say "do you know what cultural imperialism is because go for it m8".

It is very fortunate that Gable and Jordan were not on the show as reports had chants for them clocking in at nearly 10 uninterrupted minutes. On a broadcast show, this would have almost certainly killed wrestling as we know it.

dream

dream, I don't think you'll find this surprising but London might be worse than Full Sail.

I was actually okay with the crowd because I've watched Ricky Hatton fights, and I know that these hooligans tend to be loose cannons who will start brawling with other hooligans at the slightest perceived transgression. I was very sad when they didn't fight.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It started at 3 pm. Not everyone is a slacker

3 in the afternoon boss, people gotta work

Get a promotion and watch at work!

My honest thoughts, Sunflower: Joe vs Fin was almost *****, Emma vs. Asuka was ***1/2, and the rest of the matches were unbelievably bad. What did you think?
Joe vs Balor was really good, as was Emma and Asuka, a LOT of good from Emma. I liked Corbin more than Crews, which is surprising because I've always liked Crews. I also really liked the tag match for the titles. Brainbusters 2.0 are actually kinda looking worthy of that name. The rest was just ok.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's going to be fairly impossible to beat the emotional high of Bayley/Sasha.

Heel Finn vs Sami at Dallas would probably do it.
Dallas? When is this?

Rustlemanier? The NXT show then? I tuned the fuck out so I don't know what I missed there.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's going to be fairly impossible to beat the emotional high of Bayley/Sasha.

Heel Finn vs Sami at Dallas would probably do it.

I simply don't see Sami running in NXT that long. The latest I see him coming up is right after WrestleMania when they traditionally do call-ups.

Menome

At least the U.K. crowd never devolved into a "We Are Awesome" chant like Full Sail did. All the singing in the world will never be as crass as that.

IT'S A NEW PAGE, YES IT IS

ODVI49w.jpg

klonere

Banned
I simply don't see Sami running in NXT that long. The latest I see him coming up is right after WrestleMania when they traditionally do call-ups.

We'll see how NXT is structured next year. I do think Sami has a lot to offer the main roster and can work through bad material given his promo abilities and natural charisma.

I think with Joe beaten here, Finn is definitely running all the way to the Mania show with the belt anyway.

dream

At least the U.K. crowd never devolved into a "We Are Awesome" chant like Full Sail did. All the singing in the world will never be as crass as that.

In 100% agreement.

Also, that Family Guy chant is a close second if we're compiling a Worst of Full Sail list.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. This sounds like SonyGAF but Reddit thinks that Balor was cosplaying from Bloodborne. Lol

I was watching a RnR vs MX tag match from Georgia and, get this, when Ricky was getting heeled on and his comebacks kept getting cut off, the crowd (a bunch of disrespectful, uppity shits) loudly chanted "LET'S GO RICKY!!" for a solid five minutes until he got the hot tag! Have they no respect? Disgusting show hijacking antics.

klonere

Banned
Wow. This sounds like SonyGAF but Reddit thinks that Balor was cosplaying from Bloodborne. Lol

I kinda thought that too but I'm sure it was entirely unintentional. Bloodborne's entire aesthetic is Jack the Ripper era London.

I would say it is quite refreshing to go to bed at such a reasonable time after a WWE event but I've got a Star Wars midnight showing to go to.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda thought that too but I'm sure it was entirely unintentional. Bloodborne's entire aesthetic is Jack the Ripper era London.

I would say it is quite refreshing to go to bed at such a reasonable time after a WWE event but I've got a Star Wars midnight showing to go to.
I don't really spend any time with fake murderers in a magical place but uh, didn't they never find Jack the Ripper? How would anyone know what he looked like?

klonere

Banned
I was watching a RnR vs MX tag match from Georgia and, get this, when Ricky was getting heeled on and his comebacks kept getting cut off, the crowd (a bunch of disrespectful, uppity shits) loudly chanted "LET'S GO RICKY!!" for a solid five minutes until he got the hot tag! Have they no respect? Disgusting show hijacking antics.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this but is the counting the number before the ref does in 10 counts a result of the PROGRESS ref fucking up a count once and the audience catching on afterwards? Or does the whole shtick pre-date that event?

Gonzalez

Banned
See that's a proper chant. If this happened in 2015 London they would be singing "WE BUILT THIS CITY ON RICKY MORTON".

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I heard Bayley no sold 6 finishers and made Nia look like a Miz.
I'm not a huge fan of that. Makes me feel like Jax vs Bayley shouldn't have happened at all. Then again, I'm just a fan. I don't see the bigger picture.

I don't really spend any time with fake murderers in a magical place but uh, didn't they never find Jack the Ripper? How would anyone know what he looked like?

Pop culture has given him the appearance of a mustachioed man in a top hat, suit and a cloak.

At least that's how he appeared in Kolchak: The Night Stalker.

Ithil

He may or may not have ever existed in the first place. There may have been multiple unrelated murderers with the murders attributed to a single serial killer.
Forensics and detective stuff was not exactly as advanced then.

Over the course of time a standardised pop culture image of him has emerged.

klonere

Banned

Jack the Ripper is like Bigfoot before Bigfoot was a thing. There is an entire industry dedicated to churning out books, "experts", tours, podcasts, merchandising and general skullduggery. I'm sure much like how Sherlock Holmes was never described as wearing a deerstalker hat but is something that was ascribed to him afterwards, that Jack the Ripper's "look" is entirely invented (but based off fashions of the time).

I don't care what anyone says, that Hey Jude chant is fucking awesome.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this but is the counting the number before the ref does in 10 counts a result of the PROGRESS ref fucking up a count once and the audience catching on afterwards? Or does the whole shtick pre-date that event?

Think it probably pre-dates it, but there were a lot of PROGRESS fans in attendance, so maybe? Pretty crazy if so.

klonere

Banned
Bayley is definitely getting that classic WWE/Inoki top face booking, playing the resilient babyface against imposing monsters.

Wonder how long they'll keep it up and what Nia will do next. They could explain it away as Nia being very inexperienced compared to Bayley which would work for me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jack the Ripper is like Bigfoot before Bigfoot was a thing. There is an entire industry dedicated to churning out books, "experts", tours, podcasts, merchandising and general skullduggery. I'm sure much like how Sherlock Holmes was never described as wearing a deerstalker hat but is something that was ascribed to him afterwards, that Jack the Ripper's "look" is entirely invented (but based off fashions of the time).
We have legit video of Bigfoot though!

In the new episode of Breaking Ground, when Bayley is talking about her fanbase, there's a brief shot of my daughter spinning around and making her Bayley streamers fly that was shot while we were out in the lobby of the Austin Music Hall before the show.

Knew there'd be crowd complaints in here, but unlike Full Sail, they couldn't point to the one We Are Awesome chant to justify their bullshit.

Show was fun. Crowd had fun. That's wrestling friends.

Top Bottom