• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Knew there'd be crowd complaints in here, but unlike Full Sail, they couldn't point to the one We Are Awesome chant to justify their bullshit.

Show was fun. Crowd had fun. That's wrestling friends.
Pretty much. It's just so incomprehensible to most of us. Like being sober and your drunk friends are having a ton of fun and you wonder wtf is so goddamn amazing about some of it.

Menome

Songs are a good sign too. Over here there is either mass singing and chanting when something is good and the crowd is invested, or there is silence and polite claps when it's not. There isn't an in-between setting of just continuous 'polite' background crowd noise.

Asuka vs. Bayley is going to be so good.

Given that Mauro said in that interview that they want the new SD to be a hybrid of Raw and NXT, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a call-up for that first show on January 7th to draw NXT viewers in. Maybe Enzo and Cass.

Cagey

Banned
In 100% agreement.

Also, that Family Guy chant is a close second if we're compiling a Worst of Full Sail list.

"We are awesome" is just these awful chants and singalongs message in a more direct manner: "we are awesome, listen to us, pay attention to us, we are the show."

The WWE shouldn't televise anything from England.

EDIT: the mock ring counting is the absolute worst non-offensive thing any wrestling crowd has ever chanted. Holy shit. Does it go on like this for the next hour? Fuck.

Ithil

"We are awesome" is just these awful chants and singalongs message in a more direct manner: "we are awesome, listen to us, pay attention to us, we are the show."

EDIT: the mock ring counting is the absolute worst non-offensive thing any wrestling crowd has ever chanted. Holy shit. Does it go on like this for the next hour? Fuck.

Time for you to take a step outside of wrestling.

klonere

Banned

dfkNCna.gif

Seriously just turn it off or watch on mute. It's gotta be some weird cultural thing. I guess when you grow up with it it doesn't seem so outlandish???

Cagey

Banned
Seriously just turn it off or watch on mute. It's gotta be some weird cultural thing. I guess when you grow up with it it doesn't seem so outlandish???

I muted it after the third rendition of Hey Cass.

If that crowd is your culture, then it's a weird and terrible cultural thing.

Ithil

england_crowd_two_11921.jpg

If you look really closely, you can see a little wrestling fan down by the lower left trying to tell the crowd to sit down and not "hijack the match" or "get themselves over". He was promptly told to "fuck off you wanker" by nearby fans and hit with a flaming penny from a visiting Puerto Rican wrestling fan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We get it. You people think your crowds are great. Like Grado, it just doesn't translate. We can be different.

Honestly it bugged me, but I can get past it. For some reason it doesn't bother me with PROGRESS as it feels incredibly British so it feels like it belongs, but here, it felt like people trying to get themselves over. I don't want to belabor that point though, because we all are different and for some people it rubs them a little the wrong way, others a lot. No big deal.

klonere

Banned
I muted it after the third rendition of Hey Cass.

If that crowd is your culture, then it's a weird and terrible cultural thing.

I'm sorry not every single bit of cultural output worldwide has not quite yet been focus tested for the North American palette. We'll try harder to be more acceptable to our friends across the water.

notworksafe

I'm sorry not every single bit of cultural output worldwide has not quite yet been focus tested for the North American palette. We'll try harder to be more acceptable to our friends across the water.

It's okay, everyone gets one mess up. I'm sure you'll have it fixed for next time.

I haven't even watched it yet, so I'm curious how "bad" this actually is now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

That's "palate" you uncultured person you. Learn English!

Ithil

We get it. You people think your crowds are great. Like Grado, it just doesn't translate. We can be different.

Honestly it bugged me, but I can get past it. For some reason it doesn't bother me with PROGRESS as it feels incredibly British so it feels like it belongs, but here, it felt like people trying to get themselves over. I don't want to belabor that point though, because we all are different and for some people it rubs them a little the wrong way, others a lot. No big deal.

"We get it" as though the two or so Americans complaining about it aren't the ones who brought it up in the first place.

klonere

Banned
That's "palate" you uncultured person you. Learn English!

I blame this stupid American designed tablet!

Sorry if I come across as being a bit salty just tired if every NXT thread/conversation derail off into crowd chat. That and the whole chanting thing in Ireland has never ever about being disrespectful to the performers or making yourself the show but simply another element of the event.

Cagey

Banned
I didn't guess the Irish would be so offended that a large group of Londoners at a wrestling show are getting shit on for being awful.

notworksafe

To me as long as the crowd is actually cheering/chanting/booing for folks actually in the ring that's fine. Once you step outside of that (CM Punk chants, reading a book during a match, We Are Awesome chants) then you become a disrespectful jerk.

edit: "Better than Batista" chants fall in to the acceptable category however.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I blame this stupid American designed tablet!

Sorry if I come across as being a bit salty just tired if every NXT thread/conversation derail off into crowd chat. That and the whole chanting thing in Ireland has never ever about being disrespectful to the performers or making yourself the show but simply another element of the event.
Nah it's fine. It's just so different to a lot of us. We don't have any fondness for it, and it feels shitty, even though it's not meant as such.

I won't go on and on about it though. I realize it's just different. I just can't help thinking "man, I wish they'd shut up for a minute and enjoy the show" even though that's how they're expressing it. It just feels way off for me, and it's not a huge deal. Like I compared it to being sober when your friends are drunk and having fun. You feel out of step.

klonere

Banned
I didn't guess the Irish would be so offended that a large group of Londoners at a wrestling show are getting shit on for being awful.

You said "your culture" and shockingly enough the Irish and English share a lot of culture, like hooliganism and getting planes turned around. Something to do with a long shared history I dunno.

I'm not offended per we just...its not awful. It's not the crowd making the show about themselves. It's just different.

Has anyone that post here ever actually seen a live show? It seems like recently the more post I read the more everyone seems like the worst of the worst IWC.

Crowd was fun, and i'm a Brit that hates football. Or "Sockorr" as you Americans call it.

And Corbin deserved the chants he got, he's the worst. Unfortunately in the mind of WWE "Ex NFL Player = wrasslin' god" for some strange reason.

Has anyone that post here ever actually seen a live show? It seems like recently the more post I read the more everyone seems like the worst of the worst IWC.

Been to 12 shows this year for 3 different promotions, all with crowds who reacted in a similar fashion to the NXT crowd tonight. Fun times were had, away from the jaded wrestling fans of the internet.

Ithil

Time to start this shindig....is the pre-show worth watching?

Most of the promo videos air on Takeover itself anyway, so probably not.

I've only been to three live shows, because there's no wrestling where I am, and you have to travel far to get to one. All three were great fun.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Been to 12 shows this year for 3 different promotions, all with crowds who reacted in a similar fashion to the NXT crowd tonight. Fun times were had, away from the jaded wrestling fans of the internet.
Were they all in "Old Blighty"? That would explain it :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well, yes...but if I'd gone to wXw like I wanted it would've been the same and that's Germany!
It's that damned hooligan culture!

Crowd aside (and I hope we can ignore that sticking point for a while) I have to say I wasn't impressed by what they did...wait we are still staying spoiler free as a courtesy, yes?

Recall

American crowds duelling fucking chant non stop and chant this is awesome at fucking everything. Fucking everything.

A UK crowd does its thing and we have people in uproar.

Since 2005 a non WWE crowd will chant Lets go A / Lets go B on a fucking non stop loop. Have some originality as it has been 10 years now.

Ithil

American crowds duelling fucking chant non stop and chant this is awesome at fucking everything. Fucking everything.

A UK crowd does its thing and we have people in uproar.

Since 2005 a non WWE crowd will chant Lets go A / Lets go B on a fucking non stop loop. Have some originality as it has been 10 years now.

This is awesome chants on RAW or TNA or whatever are like clockwork now. It's like certain types of moves or parts of a match light up a sign saying to chant "This is awesome" now.

Kaladin

I'm only into the first match and this crowd feels like a Raw After Mania crowd going crazy for everything and non-stop energy.

You want this is a wrasslin' crowd friends.

😢 finished Titan Sinking and Shattered, I wish that Kindle Unlimited had pther books available because I really want to read Jerichovs book and Holly's.

Damn. Anyone read those Raw files?

Recall

If you ever chant "This is Awesome", which is by far the worst chant ever then you are a dumb cunt.

You can't break your habits, you can't evolve and find something new it's just beat the same old shit into the ground because you lack the ability and intelligence to vocalise yourself in any different manner.

TNA fans brought that chant to the forefront in 2005. PWG adopted it super quick because from a turd in the ring to eleven super kicks it is clearly such a life changing moment that they needed a chant simple for all. It spread like wildfire to all crowds over the years and ever since then I've hated it from the first moment it was yelled and I hate everyone it was uttered by.

This is awesome chants on RAW or TNA or whatever are like clockwork now. It's like certain types of moves or parts of a match light up a sign saying to chant "This is awesome" now.

"This is awesome" and "holy shit" are so over done at this point they've lost their value as chants that really mean anything.

Kaladin

"This is awesome" is as much of a part of wrestling as chanting "2" after a two count or "What?" during promos.

Deal with it.

Top Bottom