• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I will say the Joe/Balor feud is the first thing since Zayn/Owens in NXT that I found interesting and actually compelling as a storyline. And it was all Joe and the booking. Balor felt like he was just kind of there. Joe had that great squash match, Joe had the promos, Balor dressed up like a dank meme and then proceeded to get his shit in. I even liked Joe's stuff with Corbin.

I kind of would prefer them to have given the title to Joe and have him feud with a a debuting Busick, a returning Itami or Zayn if he's not going in the roster rather than more Shadow The Daemon Hedgehog.

Rx2WB3t.png

darkbanjo

I will say the Joe/Balor feud is the first thing since Zayn/Owens in NXT that I found interesting and actually compelling as a storyline. And it was all Joe and the booking. Balor felt like he was just kind of there. Joe had that great squash match, Joe had the promos, Balor dressed up like a dank meme and then proceeded to get his shit in. I even liked Joe's stuff with Corbin.

I kind of would prefer them to have given the title to Joe and have him feud with a a debuting Busick, a returning Itami or Zayn if he's not going in the roster rather than more Shadow The Daemon Hedgehog.

I think you're right. Joe has far exceeded what I expected of him to be honest. Remarkable stuff.

I'd like to have seen him take the belt because Balor seems to be spinning his wheels at the moment. I like him a lot, but there's something missing.

Mahonay

Banned
Another great Take Over. Opening and closing matches were the best. Asuka is amazing at getting the crowd hyped up. Cass and Enzo looked like stars. Joe looked like his old self. London was an amazing crowd all night.

Since I had time to finally watch some wrasslin' my girlfriend and I also watched this Monday's Raw afterward. People weren't speaking entirely in hyperbole, best RAW in a while. The whole "If Roman doesn't win he's fired...also he'll be on ESPN tomorrow!" made my eyes roll into the back of my head from just how fucking ridiculous that set up is, but the finish of that match was genuinely exciting. How about Vince puts that much thought into it every Monday.

MG310

Nia did pretty well I thought..especially given her experience. Ref did have to tell her to go for the third leg drop but most of what she did looked good. Not so sure those leg drops should be part of her finish when she's got that nice looking Shoulderbreaker and Samoan Drop in her arsenal though.

Kaladin

I think you're right. Joe has far exceeded what I expected of him to be honest. Remarkable stuff.

I'd like to have seen him take the belt because Balor seems to be spinning his wheels at the moment. I like him a lot, but there's something missing.

He's missing that big feud that defines his reign. Neville had Sami, Sami had Owens, Sasha had Bayley. Right now he's just going through guys because no one has really shown him a challenge.

Maybe he'll get that with Sami or Itami down the line if he makes it that far, but we'll see.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And it would be so easy to roll into a Joe/Zayn feud where Joe wins the title and attacks Zayn after the show because Joe thinks Zayn is taking away from his moment. Have Joe recreate his XDivision reign of terror with the NXT guys, have Joe show up in EVOLVE with the NXT title.

All sorts of cool stuff you could do with a heel Joe because I doubt he'll be around long enough to have a second reign. And the title can stay on Joe because I doubt he'll ever work the main roster. That opens up Balor to go to the main roster while Joe continues to dominate NXT until someone new challenges. Like I said, Biff Busick would be my choice but Itami would be really good too. Shit, if Tyson Kidd isn't Daniel Bryan'd, they'd have an instant feud right there.

Hex

Banned
NXT was great stuff.
Emma looked great and Asuka was great as always. Great match.
I really wanted Enzo and Cass to go over.
Bayley vs Nia was good, Bayley is just great all around and a huge talent and personality.
Nia is green but there is potential there. I liked the Asuka set up.
Finn and Joe was great, loved Finn's entrance and Joe looked better and more motivated and fresher than he has in a very long time.

CM Punks live journal is pretty great

Love that he is a x-force fan

I can't ever fucking sleep. I also can't stop eating peanut butter. Chunky is for creeps.

I watched Kobashi/sasaki tonight, and i'm really getting a chip on my shoulder in regards to fans that try to dictate what's a good match based on selling or no selling. Christ, I hate even typing those words, since liking or disliking a match is so subjective. However, the chop battle between the two in my mind was nothing short of awesome. Do I really have to explain two of Japanese biggest stars, one on his home turf, and one still in the midst of an amazing comeback year not wanting to back down? It's hard for me to sit here and not totally freak out and say outlandish things like, "if you've never been in a ring, you have no right to critique", but once again, as fans, most have the right to speak their minds. It is america afterall, eh?
Chops are chops. Wrestling to me is about drama and story telling. Truthfully, what I didn't like about the match was the half-nelson suplexes. I can see an arguement for that, but chops? Holy hell, listen to me. I'm in need of sleep, and can't sleep, so i'm babbling about a match that took place on forgien soil.

Fuck it, I hate everybody that hated that match. I'm going to no sell your mother giving birth to you.
Minoru Suzuki is my hero, i'm going to steal his hair.
Up yours for being able to sleep.
hate hate hate
XxX
http://cmpunk.livejournal.com

Punkspics059.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This was a really fun match. 4/6 of the wrestlers are really good workers. And Abismo works the crowd amazingly throughout the match. Even gets water thrown in his face.

Abismo has the same reaction to unnecessary springboards as I do
htgghfghftssjq.gif

(to be fair, Chessman pulled it off better than he had any right to. And the camera angle completely sold it)

MC Safety

I thought the Bayley/Nia Jax match was pretty bad.

I can suspend disbelief, but Bayley catching Jax in the same move four or five times in a row was fairly ridiculous. I kept waiting for Jax to waddle the three steps it would have taken to get her from the middle of the ring to the ropes, but she never figured it out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I can suspend disbelief, but Bayley catching Jax in the same move four or five times in a row was fairly ridiculous. I kept waiting for Jax to waddle the three steps it would have taken to get her from the middle of the ring to the ropes, but she never figured it out.

The real dope ending to the match if you wanted Jax to win would have been her pinning Baley's shoulders on the final choke out.

Ithil

Well that's kinda how being choked out works, you can't just walk around.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That match was basically Bayley saying "Please, come at me when you have something more than your size to fight with."

She was basically Ultimate Warrior no selling offense though if you look at it a certain way.

I loved the match for one, so I didn't care.

Having Bayley dominate a monster heel in the first match is silly, but really, it was silly to jump into this kind of match so relatively early in Bayley's reign and Jax's career. Should have gotten, I dunno, Alicia Fox to come down from the main roster and challenge her. Match probably would have been killer, and we could have gotten awesome Crazy Fox again for a little while.

It's all a show while they build anticipation for Bayley vs. Asuka, but it can be a good, entertaining show in the meantime.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was watching some late WCW PPVs and man.

I think it's a testament to their strengths that the only reason I was still watching at that point was Scott Steiner and Russo.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was watching some late WCW PPVs and man.

I think it's a testament to their strengths that the only reason I was still watching at that point was Scott Steiner and Russo.

Sid is pretty dope near the end as well. Not quite 1996 amazing but not bad either.

The last three ppvs also have good cruiserweight matches. 2000 also has Stevie Ray on commentary, which is a real treat.

Kaladin

#Shoot Wednesday

I'm watching The Expanse and it's confusing....a lot is going on in this pilot. Even though I know the gist of the plot it feels hard to keep up. Hoping it gets more focused later on.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Late 1996-Early 1997 Sid....greatest of all time?

It literally makes no sense how over he is. It's like 1995 never happened and he was transported through time directly from feuding with Hogan to save the WWF at its most dire moment,

From the second Vince says PSYCHO SID?!? Until Wrestlemania XIII the man is, well, the man. Also master and ruler of the universe. He even interprets for Ahmed Johnson!

And to think he was just the replacement for Ultimate Warrior, brought back from the Asylum of semi pro softball.

Top Bottom