• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Gurrry

enzo is a fucking bad ass

my hope is that these guys can actually bring the hype on the main roster one day... but idk if they would be that over with the more mainstream crowd.

x3pf9Df.gif

tumblr_nlwyigr8zP1sdqajoo1_400.gif

Kaladin

I miss having scrubs on the roster that guys can just toss around.

Can you imagine, if instead of having Heyman cut a promo, Brock came out and squashed some jabroni in 15 seconds?

But we can't have that because everyone on the roster has to get their shit in.

shanafan

Just watched Takeover. It was decent.

The London crowd was hot.. but a little too hot for me. The chants got pretty tiresome for me during Bayley's match, but glad they were into it.

Just disappointed with the finishes from both Bayley and Finn's matches.

somedevil

Meltzer Ratings for TLC and Takeover:

TLC
Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch - 2.75
New Day vs Usos vs Lucha Dragons - 4.25
Rusev vs Ryback - 2.75
Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger - 3.25
Wyatt Family vs Team Extreme - 2.5
Dean Ambrose vs Kevin Owens - 3.5
Charlotte vs Paige - 3
Sheamus vs Roman Reigns - 4

Takeover
Asuka vs Emma - 4
Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson vs Enzo Amore & Big Cass - 3.5
Baron Corbin vs Apollo Crews - 2.5
Bayley vs Nia Jix - 3.25
Samoa Joe vs Finn Balor - 4

Ladder match was the highest rated between the two shows.

Wwe doing a Scott hall DVD

NXT’s Greatest Matches Volume 1 is scheduled for 3/8,
Straight Outta Dudleyville for April,
History of the U.S. title for May,
Eric Bischoff for June,
Scott Hall for July,
Attitude Era Volume 3 for August,
Hardcore for September,
Brock Lesnar for October,
ECW’s Top 5 Craziest Moments for November and
The True Story of the Royal Rumble for December

NoRéN

FallingEdge has the best avatar 'round these parts.

Dawson and the other fuck are scrubs that are just wasting space.

FACT.

Late 1996-Early 1997 Sid....greatest of all time?
Funny that's when he was at his best. How first run I didn't care for. 2nd was better. 3rd was forgotten. Then when he came back to make Shawn his bitch it was awesome.

Hearing them just chant sid over and over and the fist bumps and the name fireworks rule.

Dion314

Neo Member
Just got to Takeover. Liked it but didn't love it. Still a fun show. I'm cool with he crowd having a good time but eventually they came off as a little obnoxious. Felt like the theme of the night was the popular name's opponents busting their asses.

Asuka did her thing as usual but Emma worked her ass off too. That short arm clothesline was brutal. Better than the women's title match.

Surprised but happy Enzo and Cass didn't win. They're over enough without the belts. Meanwhile Dawson and Wilder did a tremendous job. They work like such a cohesive tag team and the finish was dope. Hopefully it's Jordan and Gable up next.

Corbin and Crews have no chemistry at all. Surprised by the finish but Corbin has improved quite a bit so I'm ok with the win. Its time for Crews to get a personality or he's pretty much hit his ceiling at this point.

Bayley/Nia was decent for what it was. Nia is still pretty green but she's got a lot of potential. She works her size and moveset pretty well. The Asuka setup is an interesting clash of styles. Props to Bayley for bumping her ass off too.

Balor/Joe- again, props to Joe. He looked and worked like ROH Joe all over again. I hate to say it but I'm over Balor at this point. If you've seen one Balor match, you've seen them all. And what's the point of "The Demon" if he wrestles the exact same match as regular, non painted Balor? Joe winning would've been dope.

All in all, good show! Hope they kill it with the next one!

I was thinking, and if anyone backstage really wants to get rid of that terrible Divas title belt, now is the chance to do it. You have a built in story. Flair took pride in carrying around the gold belt, so you could easily create a scenario where after Charlotte finishes with Becky, she sees herself as above the small butterfly belt and brings in a more prestigious belt.

But they'll probably just keep it because I mean who gives a shit about women really?

If you've seen one Balor match, you've seen them all.

That's kind of the point. The "WWE style" is built around familiarity between the crowd and the wrestlers. It's why everyone on the roster has a handful of spots that they do in every single match.

NoRéN

Corbin and Crews have no chemistry at all. Surprised by the finish but Corbin has improved quite a bit so I'm ok with the win. Its time for Crews to get a personality or he's pretty much hit his ceiling at this point
My 14 year old sister said the same about Apollo crews. So he can flip, big deal. So can a lot of big dudes. I still don't get what his character is.

Loved the crowd. Maybe it's because I'm a soccer fan that looks forward to visiting friends in Manchester and going to games. Full sail takes the obnoxious cake.

Kornflayx

Watching last nights Takeover, I don't get Apollo Crews. He's just meh and has shown nothing that stands out to me. And no, I haven't seen him in the Indys.

Shadow780

Something about Finn matches, while great, doesn't grab me as much I would've liked. That Ripper entrance was dope tho.

Dana and Emma are an amazing heel duo, one of my favorite things right now is how Dana talk shit outside the ring. That match with Asuka was stiff as hell too, good on Emma to take so many nasty hits.

Fantastic story telling during Bayley/Nia match, they kept the moves simple since Nia's still green and Bayley bumped the hell out of it for her. She got this babyface in peril thing down to a T.

This is a man that knows he's standing next to a ATM machine for the next 5 years:

zEEq9G5.png

Watching last nights Takeover, I don't get Apollo Crews. He's just meh and has shown nothing that stands out to me. And no, I haven't seen him in the Indys.

It wouldn't matter if you had, pretty much everyone who'd seen his work before he signed to WWE said the same thing: he has all the tools, but lacks the experience. He'd only been wrestling five years before being signed, never won a major singles title, never got much chance to develop a personality. He's definitely more of a work in progress than some of the featured stars on NXT at present.

Recall

Fantastic story telling during Bayley/Nia match, they kept the moves simple since Nia's still green[...]

This generation of fans are odd. Her moveset was fucking perfect how on earth was it limited based on experience?

"Hey Vader you green piece of shit, you don't do enough MOVES~!"

Striker

This generation of fans are odd. Her moveset was fucking perfect how on earth was it limited based on experience?

"Hey Vader you green piece of shit, you don't do enough MOVES~!"
They would call Randy Savage matches boring because he's not doing spinning sit-down powerbombs or a Yoshi Tonic.

They would call Randy Savage matches boring because he's not doing spinning sit-down powerbombs or a Yoshi Tonic.
People were pissed about the Ryback/Owens match because reasons. It was a great match, but because Owens was working as a heel and the match was slow-paced (which was perfect), it was "bad."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People were pissed about the Ryback/Owens match because reasons. It was a great match, but because Owens was working as a heel and the match was slow-paced (which was perfect), it was "bad."
What do you expect, though? The same people who were told the phrase "make Roman look strong" continue to hate Ryback for hearsay reasons.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It wouldn't matter if you had, pretty much everyone who'd seen his work before he signed to WWE said the same thing: he has all the tools, but lacks the experience. He'd only been wrestling five years before being signed, never won a major singles title, never got much chance to develop a personality. He's definitely more of a work in progress than some of the featured stars on NXT at present.
He has always been just plain fun to watch. I'm looking forward to him developing WHO he is in WWE. In the indies it isn't anywhere as necessary as it is in a bigger promotion so we will need to see how it all turns out for him.

Corbin was impressive, mainly in the psychology department. He chickens out and runs when he should, it feels right.

DMczaf

Bayley's match reminded me of Hogan vs Monster of the Week, in a good way. And she bumps and sells similarly to a Babyface HBK.

She's really good.

And she'll be destroyed on the main roster in 3 months :(

Sephzilla

The thing I liked most about the Bayley/Jax match was how Bayley basically kayfabe exposed the fact that Nia Jax is a one dimensional fighter and couldn't fight off Bayley's more varied offense.

I'm also really excited for the Asuka/Jax feud they teased yesterday. Asuka's feud with Emma and Dana really should be over and if Asuka can run through Jax then she's basically female Brock Lesnar in my book.

DMczaf

Also love how it feels like "oh shit, the champ is coming!" when Bayley's theme hits. The crowd's reaction really enforces it.

Fox318 said:
Is there any McMahon she can date?

come back Shane!

Top Bottom