• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

#IndyPosterThursday
CWL3-YqWcAAbC1s.jpg:medium

Bandini

Really enjoyed Takeover. Asuka brings an infectious enthusiasm to her matches that makes her really fun to watch. She and Emma put on a great show, and Dana's shenanigans helped elevate the match as well. Definitely match of the night for me.

I'm not a fan of anyone in the final two matches so it started to drag a bit for me, but Finn and Joe got me into their match pretty well by the end of it. My respect for those dudes went up for sure.

I literally have no idea how this tour is going to happen.

So are they going full on with the "Divas division" -> "Women's division" rebranding in NXT? They seem to be going off the first 5 minutes of the Takeover commentary I caught so far.

The Hardys' contracts expire in a few months, neither are expected to re-sign, and Jeff's going to be out until around this time next year (having another knee surgery)

Zach

Anyone have info on this NXT Dallas presale that starts tomorrow? It looks like I may have access via AmEx, but I dunno.

Man the heat on the person who takes the title off of Bayley is gonna be nuts.

Which is why as much as I want them to do Bayley/Asuka, that's going to be a tough thing to book themselves out of without turning Asuka, which I'm not convinced they should do.

Mahonay

Banned
Which is why Eva Marie or Dana should take the strap.
Fuck, I'd give it to Dana. Someone who actually looks like she's learning how to work and has a character with personality.

NXT did a great mini storyline with Eva vs Bayley, but they literally had to pull out all the stops to make it work.

Zach

Random thoughts on NXT TakeOver: London:

- Asuka is still great. Emma did well, too.
- Enzo was on point with his outrageous attire/look. Amazing. Dawson/Wilder, while solid enough in the ring, aren't convincing champs to me.
- Corbin/Crews didn't do much for me. Happy with the last minute or two and finish, really, but Corbin's still not great and Crews is losing his luster.
- Bayley is the best. That's twice she's pulled off a much better match than expected with sub-par talent (Eva Marie being the first). I liked the storytellin'.
- Finn/Joe was good mostly because of Joe. Dude's legit.

Good event on the whole, but not incredible like some of the past TakeOvers.

Zach

Fuck, I'd give it to Dana. Someone who actually looks like she's learning how to work and has a character with personality.

NXT did a great mini storyline with Eva vs Bayley, but they literally had to pull out all the stops to make it work.

It's hard for me to endorse anyone other than Bayley or Asuka having the belt, but I'm mostly with you here, Mahonay.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Important tidbit when we're tired of negativity here, from your friend and mine, Dave Meltzer:

The John Cena era also has shown that the key is still getting fans to buy tickets and merchandise, as well as watch, and the fans who boo the faces are the most adamant and spend the most on the product because they care the most. Historically, as this year’s Royal Rumble showed, at the same exact time of the outrage and cancel WWE Network hashtags on social media because Reigns won instead of Daniel Bryan, the network itself had a major growth period in the days after that match.

Mahonay

Banned
Random thoughts on NXT TakeOver: London:

- Asuka is still great. Emma did well, too.
- Enzo was on point with his outrageous attire/look. Amazing. Dawson/Wilder, while solid enough in the ring, aren't convincing champs to me.
- Corbin/Crews didn't do much for me. Happy with the last minute or two and finish, really, but Corbin's still not great and Crews is losing his luster.
- Bayley is the best. That's twice she's pulled off a much better match than expected with sub-par talent (Eva Marie being the first). I liked the storytellin'.
- Finn/Joe was good mostly because of Joe. Dude's legit.

Good event on the whole, but not incredible like some of the past TakeOvers.
I wish Finn would stop holding back so much as far as not being very hard hitting in WWE. I thought Joe would push him into that but that didn't really happen.

I mean Balor has things like the double foot stomp and the corner flying drop kick, moves that are meant to look powerful/vicious, but the rest of his offense is just a bit weak looking so he doesn't come across as someone who's actually kicking ass in the ring. He sort of floats around instead. A floaty demon. Just going with some stiffer punches/kicks, being a lot more relentless and aggressive on offense would go a long way.
It's hard for me to endorse anyone other than Bayley or Asuka having the belt, but I'm mostly with you here, Mahonay.
If we're talking about who they 100 percent absolutely should give the belt to, it's Asuka. Not a question there. But I like that they're building her character up first and getting the audience familiar. Rather them do that than put the belt on her immediately.

thefro

Bayley's match reminded me of Hogan vs Monster of the Week, in a good way. And she bumps and sells similarly to a Babyface HBK.

She's really good.

And she'll be destroyed on the main roster in 3 months :(

Bayley's big advantage over the others that have been called up is she moves a ton of merchandise on the NXT level. Vince will be seeing dollar signs surely.

The issue obviously is they have to establish her character/backstory from NXT on the main roster and not just throw her out there randomly. Only a part of the Raw crowd watches that show and they can't just rely on that plus ringwork to get her over.

So are they going full on with the "Divas division" -> "Women's division" rebranding in NXT? They seem to be going off the first 5 minutes of the Takeover commentary I caught so far.

They've always mentioned that a lot less than the main roster (usually just replacing where they would say "Superstars"), but I did notice they basically dropped it completely now that you mention it.

Barrage

I'm down for Dana getting the belt. People want Asuka/Bayley, but you do that too fast and there's nowhere else to go.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is she being called Dangerous Dana Brooke yet? She needs that.

Top Bottom