• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Gonzalez

Banned
ChillyLavishItalianbrownbear.gif

Mahonay

Banned
I'm not questioning her ring work. I am questioning whether she gels in the company.

You can't simply just hire every top tiered talent in a company and call it a day. It has to be a fit. I just don't think she does. Every Asuka match feels like a commercial break before cutting back to NXT programming. I mean, when you watched a WCW show or a WWE show back in the 90s, you felt the distinction. It's hard to pinpoint exactly.
Yeah I just don't see what you're describing with Asuka. I get what you mean though.

notworksafe

No need to be rude, DMczaf. I'm just trying to help out my friends looking to get good seats for NXT Dallas.

Of course knowing ticketmaster, the whole thing will turn to shit anyway.

Singing a song that has very little to do with what is going on in the ring = Kayfabe killer

There's absolutely no difference between singing a song in support of a wrestler and chanting a chant in support of a wrestler, it's all the same thing - a crowd vocalising their support of their favourites.

DMczaf

No need to be rude, DMczaf. I'm just trying to help out my friends looking to get good seats for NXT Dallas.

Of course knowing ticketmaster, the whole thing will turn to shit anyway.

Wasn't directed toward you. You're cool!

Smackdown isn't. And never will be.

#FuckSmackdown

notworksafe

Oh my mistake, apologies.

I am somewhat curious to see what they'll do with Smackdown next week since it's live. It'll be the first time I've watched in a year or two.

Gonzalez

Banned
There's absolutely no difference between singing a song in support of a wrestler and chanting a chant in support of a wrestler, it's all the same thing - a crowd vocalising their support of their favourites.
What to you English fans. When did the Hooliganism spread into wrestling? I don't remember soccer chants in 92 during Summer Slam, and I sure as hell don't hear it during Big Daddy Vs. Haystacks.

http://youtu.be/iOF4YRDO6nI

L.A. Gaf,, anyone going to the house show this Saturday? Based on the commercial two of the matches are
Brock vs Kane
Reigns vs Sheamus

Brock supposedly being there gonna make the show good right?

What to you English fans. When did the Hooliganism spread into wrestling? I don't remember soccer chants in 92 during Summer Slam, and I sure as hell don't hear it during Big Daddy Vs. Haystacks.

http://youtu.be/iOF4YRDO6nI

Stop with the hooliganism shit, this isn't the 1980's any more. Football and footballing culture have largely cleaned up their acts. Also, the prevalence of chants and songs in modern European wrestling speaks to the fundamental shift in paying customer demographics at these shows - wrestling was always a family affair back in the day, but since its decline (27 years outside of the mainstream!) modern wrestling crowds have more in common with modern footballing crowds. Less families, more drunken 20 and 30 somethings. That's all there is to it.

People keep saying "they weren't even paying attention to the match!", which is frankly ridiculous. If the matches were dogshit, I can guarantee there wouldn't have been any chanting or singing.

Cagey

Banned

One always ruins the television product by distracting from what's actually happening, the other can do that but doesn't always.

Some of those NXT matches were unwatchable with audio. Some of the NXT matches in Full Sail are also unwatchable with audio. Awful crowds aren't unique to England and Ireland and the like, but awful crowds due to awful singing seem to be.

nofunallowed.jpg

I've never been more happy to disagree with people on here. Bunch of stick-in-the-muds. I'd love to take some of you to a PROGRESS show, so you can sit with your arms folded and bitch and moan about the 700 loud & proud fans going mental and "ruining" the product!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

how do you know though? I can't tell the context of a song at ALL. I hate to get back into this shit, but there's such a disconnect! How do you interpret a song where you can't make out the words clearly?

how do you know though? I can't tell the context of a song at ALL. I hate to get back into this shit, but there's such a disconnect! How do you interpret a song where you can't make out the words clearly?

Maybe that's an accent thing - I had no trouble recognising every one of the songs sung last night, but then I am from Laaaaaaahndahn.

how do you know when people are cheering they're cheering the person coming to the ring rather than just hijacking

I totally understand the Yanks may not be used to singing chants, but it takes some serious bad faith to go to hijacking straight away, especially when they all have the name of the face in!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe that's an accent thing - I had no trouble recognising every one of the songs sung last night, but then I am from Laaaaaaahndahn.

Nah, I understood them and I'm not even a native English speaker.

tbh I have a LOT of trouble with singing and understanding words clearly, but only certain singers. That might be part of it. Some I can understand clear as a bell, some I struggle with that NOBODY struggles with. I have issues with someone like Chris Cornell or someone you guys would be more familiar with, Robbie Williams - but I have zero issues understanding Deicide or Skinny Puppy.

how do you know when people are cheering they're cheering the person coming to the ring rather than just hijacking

I totally understand the Yanks may not be used to singing chants, but it takes some serious bad faith to go to hijacking straight away, especially when they all have the name of the face in!

I didn't say anything about hijacking, what do you mean? And name of the face in? In what? I'm not following.

Also just so you all know the only band worth a shit in the past couple decades coming out of your country has been STEPS thanks to Lisa Scott-Lee.

Top Bottom