• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
By any chance anyone knows the name of the song rhey used for the promo of the NXT takeover? I wanna hear the full version.

The Ace of Spades, by Motorhead. I hear it's pretty popular, even if it's FAR from their best song.

I'm kidding, I didn't listen to it

I didn't say anything about hijacking, what do you mean? And name of the face in? In what? I'm not following.

The general trend has been hijacking, didn't mean to direct that specific word at you.

I mean that almost all, if not all, of the singing chants people are complaining about had the face wrestler's name in the chant, making it obviously targeted towards support of a wrestler

By any chance anyone knows the name of the song rhey used for the promo of the NXT takeover? I wanna hear the full version.

Could Have Been Me by The Struts if it's not Ace of Spades you're talking about.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The general trend has been hijacking, didn't mean to direct that specific word at you.

I mean that almost all, if not all, of the singing chants people are complaining about had the face wrestler's name in the chant, making it obviously targeted towards support of a wrestler

Goddammit. I REALLY couldn't understand the words.

More HWF Action

CWJoTx8WwAA5ZmY.jpg

Kaladin

I didn't have a problem with the singing, but how did these people come up with this?

Seriously. It's hard enough to coordinate stuff like that in a room of 1k, let alone 10k.

Wow as a card carrying American I had ZERO issues with the chants/singing during the event last night. I would rather a crowd be loud and passionate from bell to bell then have a bunch of jackwagons chant we are awesome for 10 minutes. As for the show top to bottom it was really solid. The opener and the main event were badass book ends for the show and i really liked the tag title match as well. Cass & Enzo are incredibly over and an extended feud with them and Brainbusters 2.0 is money for me.

I didn't have a problem with the singing, but how did these people come up with this?

Seriously. It's hard enough to coordinate stuff like that in a room of 1k, let alone 10k.

I think Boots mentioned it earlier, I think soccer chants are somehow genetically programmed into all of us at birth (even the soccer hating ones like me)

L.A. Gaf,, anyone going to the house show this Saturday? Based on the commercial two of the matches are
Brock vs Kane
Reigns vs Sheamus

Brock supposedly being there gonna make the show good right?

I'll be at the house show this Saturday.

I thought it was going to be Brock vs Del Rio for the US Title?

According to this FB post from The Forum https://www.facebook.com/TheForum/p...7845740607625/997005303691664/?type=3&theater

Looked at the roster event page ill say the card would be

Sheamus v Roman
Brock v Del Rio
Dean v Owens
Wyatts v Team ECW

The event also shows Kane and Ziggler on the card. Im hoping the new day are there. I was gonna make a sign for new day.

I'll be at the house show this Saturday.

I thought it was going to be Brock vs Del Rio for the US Title?

According to this FB post from The Forum https://www.facebook.com/TheForum/p...7845740607625/997005303691664/?type=3&theater

Looked at the roster event page ill say the card would be

Sheamus v Roman
Brock v Del Rio
Dean v Owens
Wyatts v Team ECW

The event also shows Kane and Ziggler on the card. Im hoping the new day are there. I was gonna make a sign for new day.

Thank you for posting the details. I saw the commercial for it during RAW and I thought it was Brock vs Kane.

Please let this house show be the one where
Brock wins the US title. Want Brock to hold all three belts.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd appreciate it if you'd take the fuckin' lightsaber color goddamn shitass conversation to a motherfuckin Star Wars thread

Some shit goblin will probably inadvertently spoil something when they think they're being sly

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Stop with the hooliganism shit, this isn't the 1980's any more. Football and footballing culture have largely cleaned up their acts. Also, the prevalence of chants and songs in modern European wrestling speaks to the fundamental shift in paying customer demographics at these shows - wrestling was always a family affair back in the day, but since its decline (27 years outside of the mainstream!) modern wrestling crowds have more in common with modern footballing crowds. Less families, more drunken 20 and 30 somethings. That's all there is to it.

People keep saying "they weren't even paying attention to the match!", which is frankly ridiculous. If the matches were dogshit, I can guarantee there wouldn't have been any chanting or singing.
Alright, okay, yeah alright, okay.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In The Name of Tragedy, Orgasmatron and Ace of Spades are the best Motorhead songs.

I really liked Sepultura's cover of Orgasmatron, a bit more than the original to be honest. All good shit though.

Top Bottom