• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Alright, okay, yeah alright, okay.

In what world does alcohol automatically equal violence? I'm not sure if you're aware of the terrible problems English football had with hooliganism in the 70s & 80s, to the degree that English football teams were barred from international competition at one point. But, as a sport and as a culture things have moved on greatly since then - when you use the word hooliganism, you invoke images of violence that's just not acceptable in the modern game and comparing the NXT crowd last night to hooliganism in any way is so fucking amazingly off base.

L.A. Gaf,, anyone going to the house show this Saturday? Based on the commercial two of the matches are
Brock vs Kane
Reigns vs Sheamus

Brock supposedly being there gonna make the show good right?
oh woops, I forgot about this. I did want to see Brock live but that's really about it, so eh

Thank you for posting the details. I saw the commercial for it during RAW and I thought it was Brock vs Kane.

Please let this house show be the one where
Brock wins the US title. Want Brock to hold all three belts.

yeah no problem happy to help.

I hope he does. That would be awesome

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
In what world does alcohol automatically equal violence? I'm not sure if you're aware of the terrible problems English football had with hooliganism in the 70s & 80s, to the degree that English football teams were barred from international competition at one point. But, as a sport and as a culture things have moved on greatly since then - when you use the word hooliganism, you invoke images of violence that's just not acceptable in the modern game and comparing the NXT crowd last night to hooliganism in any way is so fucking amazingly off base.
It could have easily escalated.

Toki767

I thought the crowd was fine last night. They were chanting for the people in the ring at the time. They weren't chanting for people that aren't in the match or anything like that.

Heroman

Banned
8ZARMgM.jpg

klonere

Banned
"Chanting is awesome!" - Wrestling fan who chants at wrestling shows

Good talk, brehs.

Never been to a live wrestling event ever!

Have been singing and chanting at hurling, soccer and rugby games since I was 6!

Good talk, fellah!

It could have easily escalated.

Yeah, of course it could have. Imagine if a big babyface had lost, god those mongrels probably would have started a riot! Or stabbed each other! Scum, the lot of them.

Is this a space warz spoiler free zone? Am I safe? I can't watch it until Saturday, so I actively avoid the Star Wars threads... only to find lightsabers all over wrassleGAF.

I've got a free month of network, I haven't had it since mania time. Anything on there worth checking out? Classic wrestling-wise, none of that total diva or ziggler doing pranks bullshit.

Also, i'm hoping that WrassleGAF US and WrassleGAF UK have put their differences aside regarding audience participation and etiquette, and that we're allies once again.

allied-powers-wwf1.jpg

notworksafe

Y'all still mad over the chants and songs? I thought they were great, legit much better than the Full Sail crowd (minus a few This Is Awesome chants before anything even happened). No one dressing up to get noticed, reading a book in the crowd to get noticed, or other disrespectful nonsense. Just folks having a good time and doing their thing to give props to the people in the ring

Well done London, you're all good folks.

Sephzilla

Chanting crowd > silent crowd 99% of the time. Anyone complaining about the London crowd simply hates fun.

GOD FORBID A LIVE AUDIENCE ACTS LIKE A LIVE AUDIENCE AT A LIVE SHOW THAT'S ABOUT A FAKE SPORT THAT PEOPLE CHEER FOR

Mahonay

Banned
Y'all still mad over the chants and songs? I thought they were great, legit much better than the Full Sail crowd (minus a few This Is Awesome chants before anything even happened). No one dressing up to get noticed, reading a book in the crowd to get noticed, or other disrespectful nonsense. Just folks having a good time and doing their thing to give props to the people in the ring

Well done London, you're all good folks.
Wrestling is serious. Can't have people going around having fun at a show. They're exposing the business.

Ithil

If you're really concerned about Star Wars spoilers you should probably just get off the internet for the next few days

I've very angry about getting spoiled. I went to see Star Wars and the film gave out spoilers willy nilly. By the end of the film I knew every spoiler about it. What's up with that?

Chanting crowd > silent crowd 99% of the time. Anyone complaining about the London crowd simply hates fun.

GOD FORBID A LIVE AUDIENCE ACTS LIKE A LIVE AUDIENCE AT A LIVE SHOW THAT'S ABOUT A FAKE SPORT THAT PEOPLE CHEER FOR

The crowd really added to the event - I think it's great that crowds around the world have their own identity and react in unique ways. As a Brit I enjoyed their reactions last night.

notworksafe

I said it before but there are cheers/chants I feel are not appropriate. They were mostly exhibitied by the Raw after WM31 crowd when I attended. "We are Awesome", "CM Punk", "You fucked X" for the Divas, and doing the wave are all pretty lame.

That being said, I did start a "Please retire" chant for Big Show but he'd already been responding to those for a bit at that point...and he did again for that Raw. Also I was a few tallboys deep at that point.

Sephzilla

Glad I am going in the morning.

yeah i'm going after work. i'm excited because this morning it really sunk in that i'm going to be seeing a brand new star wars movie

I said it before but there are cheers/chants I feel are not appropriate. They were mostly exhibitied by the Raw after WM31 crowd when I attended. "We are Awesome", "CM Punk", "You fucked X" for the Divas, and doing the wave are all pretty lame.

That being said, I did start a "Please retire" chant for Big Show but he'd already been responding to those for a bit at that point...and he did again for that Raw. Also I was a few tallboys deep at that point.

agreed on the bold stuff

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
"Chanting is awesome!" - Wrestling fan who chants at wrestling shows

Good talk, brehs.

"And you guys are gimmick posters if you think differently. Even those guys who complained in the OT that don't post in here. Everyone is a gimmick poster if they don't side with me!"

Mahonay

Banned
I mean there are certain chants like the ones you're talking about that just mean you're a fucking asshole.

Sephzilla

My feelings about people who complain about chanting crowds is something along the lines of this

iUH6YNg.gif

If you dont like it, your remote has a Corpus Christi button on it

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jim Cornette hates Muslims

Now a bunch of fanboys on the internet need to act like they're surprised that Jim Cornette is a hateful, ignorant racist that bullies people by using his position above them at work.

I was always right about Jim Cornette, friends. Always.
My feelings about people who complain about chanting crowds is something along the lines of this

iUH6YNg.gif

If you dont like it, your remote has a Corpus Christi button on it

I like how every response to 'I don't like distracting chants' is 'WELL CORPUS CHRISTI IS QUIET'

like have any of you ever watched wrestling before 1996 and know that there's such a thing as a hot crowd that isn't about getting chants over? Or do WWE viewers only know extremes?

Sephzilla

dang bro you got me

of course there are different types of hot crowds. Im just not going to whine like a child when its not my particular brand of hot crowd, nor am I going to get overly distracted by crowd noise when wrestling is a primarily visual form of entertainment

Top Bottom