• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

All I'm gonna say about SW is how good it feels too legit b be excited about SW again without having to rationalize it to myself out of nostalgia.

Much like wrestling when LU returns next month.

Ill be seeing it in 48 hours. i never thought this day would come. There was a time just before Lucas sold itthat I thought we would never get to know what happened after ROTJ, and that really BOTHERED ME.

zpSTPq1.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's just funny how accepted Star Wars and now comic books are and how pro wrestling is still in the same category as anime.

It's actually more embarrassing now than it was then in regards to the WWE.

Fox318

In The Phantom Menace, Yoda has three toes. But in The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith, he has four. #Safe

I watch wrestling. #DeadGiveaway

did you write a shopping list before buying a movie ticket?

Heroman

Banned
It's just funny how accepted Star Wars and now comic books are and how pro wrestling is still in the same category as anime.

It's actually more embarrassing now than it was then in regards to the WWE.

Comic books are in the same category as anime , it comic books movies that are on the level of star wars.

being able to talk about guardians of the galaxy with more than 5 people is pretty dope.

hope my boy adam warlock makes an appearance in the sequel

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Comic books are in the same category as anime , it comic books movies that are on the level of star wars.

Nah, people now love to talk about comics just to hype up future characters in movie sequels.

Anime is just a cold hard 'what the fuck is wrong with you you creep' subject matter

I wonder if Vince will ever go full-on George Lucas and start superimposing Triple H and Cena into historic WWE moments. Given that the network seems to exist only to allow the WWE to rewrite history ("the Kliq was amazing!" "The NWO was fine for 30 seconds, but it was no D-X" etc) it's the next logical step.

Sephzilla

I wonder if Vince will ever go full-on George Lucas and start superimposing Triple H and Cena into historic WWE moments. Given that the network seems to exist only to allow the WWE to rewrite history ("the Kliq was amazing!" "The NWO was fine for 30 seconds, but it was no D-X" etc) it's the next logical step.

The next logical step is to superimpose John Cena into Chris Benoit's spot a la Hayden in Return of the Jedi. The next step in HHH revisionist history is to start talking about how Evolution was more important to pro wrestling than The Four Horsemen

Heel

did you write a shopping list before buying a movie ticket?

Recently I bought a Star Wars 3.75" action figure two pack as a Christmas gift for a nephew at Target and felt an immense shame while waiting in the self-checkout line, wishing I had spent triple the MSRP on Amazon.

I reflected back to that time one of our WrassleGAF friends bought a set of Four Horsemen dolls and felt an immediate wave of relief, knowing others have had it much worse.

Shit like DragonBall and Naruto is probably more acceptable in public conversation than wrestling

Pokemon is absolutely more acceptable to talk about in public than WWE, so yeah, even if it's just one thing, anime still is more acceptable (again, deservedly) than wrestling

Fox318

Recently I bought a Star Wars 3.75" action figure two pack as a Christmas gift for a nephew at Target and felt an immense shame while waiting in the self-checkout line, wishing I had spent triple the MSRP on Amazon.

I reflected back to that time one of our WrassleGAF friends bought a set of Four Horsemen dolls and felt an immediate wave of relief, knowing others have had it much worse.

its ok heel.

this is your safe space.

tell the truth

Sephzilla

Comic-Con draws tons of press, celebrities, and Hollywood attention. When was the last time a Sports Entertainment Convention got that much mainstream attention?

klonere

Banned
Cornette goes from lambasting a religion that doesn't exactly need its flaws pointed out right now to implying he would actually kill Vince Russo given the chance.

What a day.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cornette goes from lambasting a religion that doesn't exactly need its flaws pointed out right now to implying he would actually kill Vince Russo given the chance.

What a day.

He's been tooting that horn for years. He's actually threatened physical harm and murder on Russo multiple times.

Which is hilarious to me because I bet Russo would kick the shit out of Cornette.

Shit like DragonBall and Naruto is probably more acceptable in public conversation than wrestling
Cause Naruto and Dragon Ball are actually cool. I hardly consider them Anime. They're so American-ized that I proudly consider them a great part of our society.

Anime is the disgusting lame perverted stuff like Bayonetta and whatever else is on the AnimeGAF OP.

Pokemon is absolutely more acceptable to talk about in public than WWE, so yeah, even if it's just one thing, anime still is more acceptable (again, deservedly) than wrestling

Pokemon isn't anime. Actually, anything after Johoto is Anime Pokemon.

Pokemon is still cool unless you talk about Gen 3+, that's when Pokemon becomes lame.

Kaladin

What I've seen of the Youtube wrestling reviews make this place and it's hatred of all things and it's gimmick posting look tame.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cause Naruto and Dragon Ball are actually cool. I hardly consider them Anime. They're so American-ized that I proudly consider them a great part of our society.

Anime is the disgusting lame perverted stuff like Bayonetta and whatever else is on the AnimeGAF OP.

that's an interesting perspective

Sephzilla

Bayonetta is a kideo game though

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I remember on MADE they made some Naruto geek 'cool' and at the end of the episode he was still wearing the fucking Naruto headband
KuGsj.gif

Heel

its ok heel.

this is your safe space.

tell the truth

Let this be a lesson to any potential Christmas shoppers or wrestling doll collectors who may be reading.

My toy aisle strategy was sound. iOS Notes app open with a prepared Christmas list, a well-practiced "I'm confused, as I don't even watch Star Track" facial for any potential onlookers. Grab the two-pack and get out clean.

But in my haste, I made a rookie mistake by not buying other innocuous items to obscure the shame, or at least tuck it away in a carry basket.

There it was, a true dead giveaway, laid bare in my hands for all to see.

Top Bottom