• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Let this be a lesson to any potential Christmas shoppers or wrestling doll collectors who may be reading.

My toy aisle strategy was sound. iOS Notes app open with a prepared Christmas list, a well-practiced "I'm confused, as I don't even watch Star Track" facial for any potential onlookers. Grab the two-pack and get out clean.

But in my haste, I made a rookie mistake by not buying other innocuous items to obscure the shame, or at least tuck it away in a carry basket.

There it was, a true dead giveaway, laid bare in my hands for all to see.

You was really in trouble when your SMS Text alert hit at checkout

Cause Naruto and Dragon Ball are actually cool. I hardly consider them Anime. They're so American-ized that I proudly consider them a great part of our society.

Anime is the disgusting lame perverted stuff like Bayonetta and whatever else is on the AnimeGAF OP.

Pokemon isn't anime. Actually, anything after Johoto is Anime Pokemon.

Pokemon is still cool unless you talk about Gen 3+, that's when Pokemon becomes lame.

This post makes less sense than WWE booking.

Cause Naruto and Dragon Ball are actually cool. I hardly consider them Anime. They're so American-ized that I proudly consider them a great part of our society.

Anime is the disgusting lame perverted stuff like Bayonetta and whatever else is on the AnimeGAF OP.

Pokemon is still cool unless you talk about Gen 3+, that's when Pokemon becomes lame.

lmao

lol, I'm sorry, I just can't take any argument seriously that's essentially "all of this stuff sucks. this stuff i like? isn't actually part of it, doesn't count". It's why I can't take Vince's distancing of WWE from wrestling seriously, or people who hate toys yet buy a shitload of Legos

3HYxtba.gif

With that gif I've just realised, the sheer protection of Big Show's knockout punch basically makes him ripe for a One Punch Man gimmick, all aboard for Big Show's topical anime push?

I watched NXT Takeover London and was solidly entertained for 2 hours. I like being entertained.

On this note can I say how much I appreciated Takeover's small referee details like how in the tag match the ref misses the heels making the tag and actually has them stop the pin and make the switch, on raw I'm pretty sure they'd just run with it.

And it would've ended in a anticlimactic DQ from the Carmella elbow smash even though I'd count that as justified considering the circumstances.

Also Recall you hurt me so, I'm just a man who enjoys his Sonic 3 & knuckles, that's a top notch kideo game right there.

1036.gif

Sephzilla

With that gif I've just realised, the sheer protection of Big Show's knockout punch basically makes him ripe for a One Punch Man gimmick, all aboard for Big Show's topical anime push?

On this note can I say how much I appreciated Takeover's small referee details like how in the tag match the ref misses the heels making the tag and actually has them stop the pin and make the switch, on raw I'm pretty sure they'd just run with it.

And it would've ended in a anticlimactic DQ from the Carmella elbow smash even though I'd count that as justified considering the circumstances.

I liked that the referee was looking directly at Carmella when she threw that elbow and just waved it off because she was retaliating.

Oersted

This might sound crazy, but why do we see Bray never with buzzards? Backstage promos with one on the arm would be very easy.

Aiii

So not worth it

Yeah, that was pretty dumb. I am imagining some guys backstage were messing with Corbin and telling him "you know what would be cool, if you called him out for his ROH indie work!" and then laughing his ass off while he made a bit of a fool of himself on air. Perfect rib.

Barrage

Yeah, that was pretty dumb. I am imagining some guys backstage were messing with Corbin and telling him "you know what would be cool, if you called him out for his ROH indie work!" and then laughing his ass off while he made a bit of a fool of himself on air. Perfect rib.

It pissed off the exact nerds it was aimed at. It worked perfectly.

So late to this but watching Gable and Jordan react to the chants from the UK venues you could tell they were absolutely loving it

I've been to UK Events where people try too hard to come up with stuff but when done right ala this recent nxt tour it's superb and really enhances the show for me.

klonere

Banned

...ya dun got worked son.

His gimmick is that he really doesn't care about anybody from the indies. Why would some football player care about Dragon Gate?

NXT TakeOver: London was some good shit, friends.

With so much time between now and the next TakeOver, perhaps they could run a women's championship tournament and finally debut Athena on TV.

#IndiePosterThursday

CWNYbteWEAAWG2Z.jpg

The Matrix, in 2016.

With so much time between now and the next TakeOver, perhaps they could run a women's championship tournament and finally debut Athena on TV.

#IndiePosterThursday

CWNYbteWEAAWG2Z.jpg

The Matrix, in 2016.

I am tempted by that show, I don't have a Febuary show booked, and Mandrews vs Ospreay and Riots vs GZRS both sound good.

#IndiePosterThursday

CWNYbteWEAAWG2Z.jpg

The Matrix, in 2016.

That's an amazingly shit poster for a show that actually has decent talent advertised

At work, I've been using the tag "JOHNCENA" when playing Smash 4 in the break room. I've lost maybe one match, and that was because everyone targeted me first. And I still nearly won that one.

Thank you, Sina. :salute:

#hustle
#loyalty
#respect

espher

Look I'm not saying don't chant. But if you chant, then please chant encouraging things towards the faces like "LETS GO INSERT WRESTLERS NAME HERE... LETS GO... *CLAP CLAP... CLAP CLAP CLAP*", or "WREST-LER... WREST-LER... WREST-LER...". Those are great productive chants that don't distract from a potential classic. Like what if fans were singing "Ricky The Magic Dragon" randomly during Flair Vs. Steamboat? That would have really ruined potential viewings for me at least.

Ah, yes, the generic as fuck chant.

That shit ruins potential viewings for me at least.

Shiv47

Just discovered that NXT is coming to the theater about three miles from my house, but presale was cleaned out already. Hopefully some tickets left when regular sale starts tomorrow.

Ultratech

Watched Takeover last night; was pretty good stuff.

#Shoot Thursday

I love Jimmy John's. Damn good sandwiches.

Jimmy John's isn't bad.

I remember one night me and a friend went out drinking and we stopped in at 1am.

I ended up ordering an entire loaf of freshly made bread and just devoured it.

Top Bottom