• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pop is in wider distribution than DA, that's for sure.

It also has lower quality programming than DA if you can believe it.

Also the move from Spike to DA was well publicized and a healthy amount of people did in fact track down those first few weeks of shows, but its been months and months of steady decline. Now its moving from a weak position to a slightly less weak one but who even knows about it?

I for one will take the time out to tune into the first show because, well, why not?

Apologies if already posted, but if anyone wanted to catch the Devitt/Balor documentary 'Smack Em Up' that aired in Ireland last year, it's now available on the BBC iPlayer: http://bbc.in/1NgulCO

Those outside the UK may need to use a VPN. It's available for another 23 days.

"You're shit, and you know you are, you're shit, and you know you are"

It's true. It's true.

But can we please stop the great audience participation debate now? It's not going anywhere. Let's put our differences aside for Christmas.

09d9c9da4f5f3c964cd70e0959eb671c.jpg

UberTag

who ever heard of a blind man playing video games
Couldn't Xavier tailor his show for Vince? Like play Quiplash and have the old man pick which of the two funny answers for a wacky question he likes the best?

Failing that, I hear old people enjoy Wii Bowling.

Paige has gone full Diva. Sasha is still legit.

Takeover was fun again. The Asuka/Emma match was just awesome. I'm gonna have to savor the time Asuka is going to be in NXT, because after that we all know what happens...

According to some of the sheetz, Asuka was brought in with the intention of never "promoting" her to the main shows.

It's true. It's true.

But can we please stop the great audience participation debate now? It's not going anywhere. Let's put our differences aside for Christmas.

09d9c9da4f5f3c964cd70e0959eb671c.jpg

Coal miners' glove match?

According to some of the sheetz, Asuka was brought in with the intention of never "promoting" her to the main shows.

If true, then I knew that signing her was too good to be true. Why invest money in an international talent, if you're not going to use them to their full potential?

Shadow780

Main Roster almost sounds like a demotion at this point for female wrestlers. I'm not sure how her and Joe's contract is compared to actual developmental talents, but the bump in salary can't be that significant?

I'm okay with her just sticking with NXT and shine for now.

Main Roster almost sounds like a demotion at this point for female wrestlers. I'm not sure how her and Joe's contract is compared to actual developmental talents, but the bump in salary can't be that significant?

I'm okay with her just sticking with NXT and shine for now.

Even Finn Balor himself said getting moved up to the main roster would seem like a backwards step for his career at the moment.

He's 34. He knows how it goes.

thefro

The funny part is she'd actually get over on the main roster due to the strength of her ringwork/presence/charisma, even with the crappy WWE booking just rolling her out randomly to fill time.

You're not going to build the women's division around her given her age at this point (even though she's got several good years left potentially) but she could damn sure get the division over as legit.

Aiii

So not worth it
THE DIVA DRAMA CONTINUES IN SEASON FIVE OF E!’S HIT SERIES “TOTAL DIVAS” PREMIERING TUESDAY, JANUARY 19 AT 9PM ET/PT

LOS ANGELES – December 17, 2015 – E!, WWE® and Bunim-Murray Productions’ “Total Divas” returns for its explosive fifth season on Tuesday, January 19 at 9pm ET/PT. The Bella Twins (Nikki and Brie Bella), Eva Marie, Paige, Natalya (Nattie), Rosa Mendes, and Alicia Fox will continue to give viewers an exclusive glimpse outside the arena and inside life in the WWE spotlight. Joining the Divas this season is the young and beautiful Mandy, the runner-up on the most recent season of WWE Tough Enough®, who brings her own flavor to the already vibrant group. Now Mandy must prove she can hold her own amongst the veteran Divas in their highly competitive world.

This season, Brie has a lot of conflict with her sister Nikki as their lives and careers go in different directions. Brie and Nikki don’t see eye-to-eye on a huge business venture, and when Nikki gets injured during her final days as the WWE Divas Champion, it leaves The Bella Twins’ career in question. Brie has to contemplate her next career and life move, while Nikki wrestles with coming clean to her boyfriend, WWE Superstar John Cena®, about the romantic advances made towards her by her ex-boyfriend, WWE Superstar Dolph Ziggler®. This love triangle puts John and Nikki’s relationship to the test.

Eva Marie continues to thrive with her in-ring training, despite the constant polarization from the other Divas. Paige confesses her true feelings about the quick engagement to her fiancé. Rosa faces the challenge of finding purpose in her professional life while pregnant with her first child. Alicia warily ventures into a new romantic relationship. Nattie continues to work through the trials and tribulations of marriage while grappling with the feeling that the younger Divas’ careers are flourishing more than hers. Mandy comes into the division wide-eyed and eager to fit in, only to find out that in order to make it as a WWE Diva, you need to be much more than just a pretty face to earn the respect of your fellow performers and fans alike.

Season five of E!’s hit “Total Divas” returns on Tuesday, January 19 at 9pm ET/PT.

“Total Divas” is produced by WWE and Bunim-Murray Productions. Gil Goldschein, Jeff Jenkins and Russell Jay are Executive Producers for Bunim-Murray Productions. Kevin Dunn is Executive Producer for WWE.

EXCITEMENT!

Gonzalez

Banned
I heard a great chant this morning on NWA that would come up a lot. The chant happened anytime a face would start stretching a jobber. It went like this "BREAK IT OFF WRESTLER... BREAK IT OFF... *CLAP CLAP*"

klonere

Banned
I'm sure the fathers who took their kids to the show with them enjoyed that.

What about the fathers who brought their kids to a show where the crowd thought it was hilarious to chant Chris Benoit's name during the opening speech.

Imagine them, after the show "Daddy, who is Chris Benoit?". God, the heartbreak, the need to explain everything to a young inquiring mind. It might turn them off the industry forever and turn them into young cynics, weary of this cruel world at such a tender age.

I'm glad such a thing never happ-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwzEs0_sJDc

Gonzalez

Banned
What about the fathers who brought their kids to a show where the crowd thought it was hilarious to chant Chris Benoit's name during the opening speech.

Imagine them, after the show "Daddy, who is Chris Benoit?". God, the heartbreak, the need to explain everything to a young inquiring mind. It might turn them off the industry forever and turn them into young cynics, weary of this cruel world at such a tender age.

I'm glad such a thing never happ-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwzEs0_sJDc
Kids not going to get into trouble at school when he partially re-tells the Chris Beniot story. But he'll sure get into trouble if he tells another kid "You're shit" because he heard it from the fine London folk at NXT.

Kids not going to get into trouble at school when he partially re-tells the Chris Beniot story. But he'll sure get into trouble if he tells another kid "You're shit" because he heard it from the fine London folk at NXT.

As someone who's been to a school, and is dating a teacher who's worked in London schools, he really won't.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Coal miners' glove match?

If true, then I knew that signing her was too good to be true. Why invest money in an international talent, if you're not going to use them to their full potential?
NXT is a "premium" tier of WWE, no sense in giving her matches away on TV, when they can charge 9.99. Building Network-specific value. It makes good business sense, and doesn't come with all of the complications of moving people around between multiple shows.

Gonzalez

Banned
They should continue building NXT as a true alternative to RAW, especially with Americans slowly cutting their cords. RAW is becoming more, and more insignificant to the WWE's future.

Kaladin

I might be the only person I know of that is still actively avoiding theaters of any kind and waiting on a Blu-ray to release to finally watch the new Star Wars.

Aiii

So not worth it
It'll be very hard to go 6 months and not get spoiled on SW, so I guess not going in a theater is only acceptable if you're okay with that. But other than that, fair game, whatever suits you Kaladin.

I was there pre-opening day, been waiting for this moment for too long. No patience.

Gonzalez

Banned
Just go see it in theaters on a weekday if you are afraid of the large crowds. That's how I avoided sitting in the fucking front row for Spider-Man.

klonere

Banned
I liked Star Wars a lot, I was just a little out of it, tired and emotionally spent after Takeover. My friends all seemed to think it was the best thing ever though. I'll probably go see it again with my Dad over Christmas.

Kaladin

It'll be very hard to go 6 months and not get spoiled on SW, so I guess not going in a theater is only acceptable if you're okay with that. But other than that, fair game, whatever suits you Kaladin.

I was there pre-opening day, been waiting for this moment for too long. No patience.

I find it easy to avoid spoilers if you survive the first few weeks to a month. After that, most movies aren't as heavily talked about online or elsewhere.

I'm usually fine waiting.

I'll be seeing it Sunday: the only available tickets in my area in the *good* theaters on release day were all in the first row so I'm alright waiting it out.

Kaladin

I have yet to actually see both Mad Max and Jurassic World. I have a feeling we'll watch Jurassic World sometime this month, but I'm waiting on the chance to watch the other Mad Max movies first.

Top Bottom