• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Aiii

So not worth it
You don't need to watch the other Mad Max movies, Beyond The Thunderdome is the only one that is somewhat related to this and worth watching. The first two have aged terribly, as well.

Sephzilla

Eh... As long as it's entertaining for its running time. But I've honestly become numb to modern day blockbusters. So I really don't give a shit how it turns out. I'm really excited for Hateful Eight, though.

What Aii said is pretty spot on though. Mad Max is the best action movie since probably The Matrix or Terminator 2. The Force Awakens is the best Star Wars movie since Return of the Jedi.

Mahonay

Banned
Probably gonna wait a week or two until the crowds die down a bit before I go see Star Wars. As much as I'm elated that they actually made a great Star Wars movie, I've been pretty numb to all things Star Wars for the past decade or so. I should be way more excited than I am. Thanks for nothing Lucas.

Browny

Banned
Under normal circumstances I would be as close to day 1 for Force as can be... as it is, I think I will wait until I go back to work in the new year, then take a cheeky afternoon off and go and watch it in peace.

Also, I just realised that my first day back is January 4th. So, a good excuse to "check emails" all morning whilst watching Tokyo Dome!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No mention of Bryan.

Buried.

He's not the most compelling person on the show. He's turned into Brie's embarrassing husband who likes to be an earth muffin and do disgusting shit like make his own poop compost. I guess that wasn't really too endearing to watch, and having him talk about it wasn't very...good.

Aiii

So not worth it
Best wrasslin' Christmas GIF's?

LW3IgCR.gif

eve32.gif

He's not the most compelling person on the show. He's turned into Brie's embarrassing husband who likes to be an earth muffin and do disgusting shit like make his own poop compost. I guess that wasn't really too endearing to watch, and having him talk about it wasn't very...good.

Yeah, listening to Bryan narrate his own book, and he's not exactly exploding out of my headphones either.

Getting presale tickets for NXT TakeOver: Dallas has been savage. The best we could do was first row of the balcony with limited view of the entrance.

Sweet Jesus, limited view balcony seats that are in rows further back from mine are reselling for $100+ on StubHub. Section 8 and 9 seats (balcony, but with a better of the ring) are going for $400+.

It's crazy just how fast TakeOver tickets sell.

Yeah, we were logged in and searching at 11:00 am Eastern when they opened up. We had to search a couple of times just to get the ones we got.

I bought a pair in Section 26. They're probably terrible. I'll decide later if I actually want to go.

We were searching for 4 tickets, which probably made it harder. We're in section 29, but at least we're in row A.

Zach

Yeah, we were logged in and searching at 11:00 am Eastern when they opened up. We had to search a couple of times just to get the ones we got.

We were searching for 4 tickets, which probably made it harder. We're in section 29, but at least we're in row A.

Row N here. Wherever that is. I may just do a chargeback. >_>

Liger looking great at 51;

FaU5hse.jpg

Fun match with Tiger Mask today, Liger was in good form. The whole show was pretty fun, the last few Road to Tokyo Dome shows of the year are usually good - even Taguchi vs Nakamura was great, mostly thanks to Taguchi in all honesty. The main event 4 vs 4 elimination tag main event was great as well, crowd were hyped for Ishii & Shibata and got behind KUSHIDA in a big way when he was left alone with Okada at the end.

klonere

Banned
Why does Liger keep that covered?!

https://twitter.com/itsBayleyWWE/status/677876295389327360?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
"Home feeling beaten, bruised and sore. But still champ 😏. Hey London, I want you to know...that I will be your girl. "
CWhM5MIVAAAxt2v.jpg:small

Awful. I feel so sorry for the wrestlers having to pander to sub-human show hijackers. Guess it's one of the lowpoints of the job, something you gotta roll with.

I wonder what wrestlers hate more: loud, energized fans or travelling? I'd say the first one as it more directly impacts their performance tbh.

hamchan

Awful. I feel so sorry for the wrestlers having to pander to sub-human show hijackers. Guess it's one of the lowpoints of the job, something you gotta roll with.

I wonder what wrestlers hate more: loud, energized fans or travelling? I'd say the first one as it more directly impacts their performance tbh.

I bet wrestlers love crowds like Corpus Christi because the silent crowd just shows how focused the crowd is on the show, like in school when the teacher is talking, everyone is just so deathly silent, it's great.

This then provides the motivation for the wrestlers to do their very best since they want to please such an attentive crowd.

klonere

Banned
I bet wrestlers love crowds like Corpus Christi because the silent crowd just shows how focused the crowd is on the show, like in school when the teacher is talking, everyone is just so deathly silent, it's great.

This then provides the motivation for the wrestlers to do their very best since they want to please such an attentive crowd.

Absolutely. TNA are way ahead of the game with this by taping matches totally without context. The audience can't really tell who is babyface or heel or what the story of the match is. TNA also tape in Orlando like NXT but have managed to over the years create a crowd that is incredibly respectful. Their recent move to a bigger network is a testament to their crowd management.

Imagine that at Takeover, the fans, with their slow alcohol addled brains would never be able to muster the intelligence to figure out who to and what to chant. No chants, no crowd favorites, no potential for them to distract us at home in America.

Top Bottom