• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I saw Star Wars. My brother kind of forced me to go with him.

Eh. It was a hell of a lot better than Age of Ultron at least.

1MwUprP.gif

Been lookin for this gif for at least a month or 2. Saved.

Kurt Angle said:
I love Hogan, I love Bischoff. Never had problems with either of them. Terry, we’ve always been close. I believe they did good for the company, TNA. I believe it was very expensive. They probably came up with the idea of TNA traveling town to town every week. It’s a great idea, but where are you going to get the money? Did they spend a lot of money? Yes. I’m sure it cost a lot of money to get them in there, and I’m sure they had ideas that cost us a lot of money. It was a good thing and somewhat of a bad thing, but I love the guys

IYH BOTD

Time for the black out.

But I feel like the strap match between Austin and Savio should've been in the 2K Showcase. But we know that they don't like giving us new matches and features so they wouldn't include it.

This difference between Wildman and Marvelous Marc Mero is so crazy. Most people keep their entire moveset for the most part even with character arrangements but he was a completely different guy.

Mahonay

Banned
This difference between Wildman and Marvelous Marc Mero is so crazy. Most people keep their entire moveset for the most part even with character arrangements but he was a completely different guy.
Yeah it blew my mind when I went back and first watched his WCW work a couple years ago. I had no idea he was a good worker before he came to WWF.

Bulldog's theme is so awesome. It's one theme I always find myself nodding to.

It upsets me that Shawn never referenced "Dirty Diana" at all in this fued. It fit the entire fiasco.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah it blew my mind when I went back and first watched his WCW work a couple years ago. I had no idea he was a good worker before he came to WWF.

I think it's an exaggeration that he's not a good worker in the WWF. Most of his matches in 1996 and early 1997 are pretty good. He gets a bad rap because after his second injury he comes back and his character has morphed from bland baby face talented pro wrestler to jealous hanger on shitty pro wrestler heel who is only holding Sable back.

Like, it's a fundamental part of his latter day WWF character that he sucks, even though he's pretty good. But because we all remember that period as his career defining moment, we think he sucks in the WWF.

Just got into breaking ground - is it in the same place in the US as we are in England, the latest we have available is episode 7 where Nhooph debuts her new character.

Fun show so far hope we get focus on some more people like angelo Dawkins and Hugo Knox they are both in the background a lot

Mero is kind of another case like Austin. He had to completely change his style after a major injury, although Mero's change was more prevalent. After he blew his knee out, Mero had to go from quick and high-flying to more of a grounded striker dude. Austin had to go from being a technical genius to a brawler type, which is a smoother transition.

shaowebb

Mero is kind of another case like Austin. He had to completely change his style after a major injury, although Mero's change was more prevalent. After he blew his knee out, Mero had to go from quick and high-flying to more of a grounded striker dude. Austin had to go from being a technical genius to a brawler type, which is a smoother transition.

Mero had two problems. He smiled too much and his mustache. Looks do a lot and have you ever seen him shaved or with a full beard? Dude could have done great as a more cerebral man in the ring than a grinning "cool to not like" kind of heel. I feel he could have generated some real ass heat had he gone a little deeper out of the 80s and a bit further away from the Johnny B Badd look which was pretty much "Little Richard".

This was the best he ever looked...if only he would have dropped the smiling. He constantly had that odd DDP "positivity" sorta glow about his promos because he was just too damned jolly. I think it was a hold over from all those Johnny B Badd years...
2HmvFor.jpg

Mero had two problems. He smiled too much and his mustache. Looks do a lot and have you ever seen him shaved or with a full beard? Dude could have done great as a more cerebral man in the ring than a grinning "cool to not like" kind of heel. I feel he could have generated some real ass heat had he gone a little deeper out of the 80s and a bit further away from the Johnny B Badd look which was pretty much "Little Richard".

This was the best he ever looked...if only he would have dropped the smiling. He constantly had that odd DDP "positivity" sorta glow about his promos because he was just too damned jolly. I think it was a hold over from all those Johnny B Badd years...
2HmvFor.jpg
He looks so much like nWo Hogan lol.

Been trying to think but were there any WCW PPV that are super memorable? The only one that comes to mind is when Hogan turns hell. Other than that I can't recall one that I felt like I needed to watch when I was younger.

Barrage

Been trying to think but were there any WCW PPV that are super memorable? The only one that comes to mind is when Hogan turns hell. Other than that I can't recall one that I felt like I needed to watch when I was younger.

Halloween Havoc '98 was all the rage on the playground (due to multiple WCW fuckups, but still).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Like basically all of the PPVs building up the Sting feud?
Halloween Havoc 98
Starcade 98.
Souled Out 97
World War 3 96 & 97

Pretty much every PPV during the Sting reveal and every PPV during Goldberg's main event run were because you knew those were the only places Goldberg stood a chance of losing.

Like basically all of the PPVs building up the Sting feud?
Halloween Havoc 98
Starcade 98.
Souled Out 97
World War 3 96 & 97

Pretty much every PPV during the Sting reveal and every PPV during Goldberg's main event run were because you knew those were the only places Goldberg stood a chance of losing.

Sting reveal as when he started the whole rafter thing?

Top Bottom