• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Aiii

So not worth it
You know what would be hilarious? If they changed the Rumble rules to "You're now able to challenge for ANY title you want" and then have Ambrose or Cesaro win, only to "pick" and challenge for the IC title.

Imagine the meltdowns, good stuff.

I need this to happen now.

Kornflayx

You know what would be hilarious? If they changed the Rumble rules to "You're now able to challenge for ANY title you want" and then have Ambrose or Cesaro win, only to "pick" and challenge for the IC title.

Imagine the meltdowns, good stuff.

I need this to happen now.

Would be a fun way to invalidate the last PPV other than WM to mean anything

Aiii

So not worth it
OK, let me rephrase that. RR and WM are the last two PPVs I have the slightest anticipation for.

I used to be you. Then they had a bunch of mediocre winners. Like Sheamus and pretty much every other winner that "picked" the WHC belt instead of the WWE belt... Like wtf, how is that realistic... Especially after the brand split ended.

Then 2014 happened. And 2015.

And now I can't even begin to get hyped for it. But that goes for pretty much anything WWE does right now, so that factors into it.

I wish they'd just discontinue Money in the Bank, it's more than run its course and is a lame and predictable story telling crutch. The Royal Rumble should be the only event that guarantees a title shot even if its without the "anytime" gimmick. Hell have KOTR mean something again and let it set up the winner for the Summerslam push like it did occasionally in the past instead of just giving someone a worthless gimmick for a year that's only really been effective once.

I don't remember the last time I was hyped for a Royal Rumble, the winner has been predictable if not flat out telegraphed for so damn long.

L8q7fhs.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Almost on the road to WrestleMania Star-sign. I wonder if they'll get Ronda Rousey to enter the Divas revolution for it. Has she had her surgery already?

I always thought TNA's Bound for Glory Series was pretty cool, even though it went on forever at times it made the matches feel like they're important and leading to something.

99% of the matches that happen on WWE TV are throwaway nothings into the air and its beyond boring.

LOOK GUYS ITS ZIGGLER AND AMBROSE FIGHTING! AGAIN! WOW!

LUKE HARPER TAKES ON TITUS O'NEIL!

They could bring back King of the Ring type thing and make it mean something, winner gets the title match at Summerslam or whatever.

But ah who am I kidding, it'll just be Cena/Roman or Lesnar to win anyway so why beat around the bush for 2 months? This is WWE....zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Also, looks like there's going to be a NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Title debuted at WK10;

rvARaia.jpg

Yano & The Briscoes vs Fale, Yujiro & Tonga will be to crown the first champions.

Sweet Jesus, another fucking NJPW title? Your heavyweight tag titles are already a waste and now we get this abomination?

At least the IC and NEVER singles belts have become quite prestigious thanks to Nakamura and Ishii respectively. NJPW's tag division is terrible, and while their Jr. tag division is better, the belts are booked so horribly and constantly in 3- and 4-way clusterfucks that who is holding them almost doesn't matter. Nobody was asking for these, and I can't say they will stay around long.

Also, eight of the nine matches at WK10 will be title matches now, with Goto/Naito being the only one for nothing, and even that's arguably for the #1 contendership for the IWGP title.

New Japan Pro Wrestling; Come for the awesome wrestling, stay for horrible booking!

I took a look at the referrals for that Tournament of Death article I wrote. Mostly from GAF, but there's one referral from a google.nz search for "How to fuck a block".

wat

I guess I need to catch that Hero/Pentagon Jr. match before the year is up, assuming that Sunny Mac can carve out the free time to do his awards polling.

Fox318

Wait, the WWE live event at The Forum with Lesnar/del Rio was this past weekend? And it wasn't on the Network?!

I was shocked at this as well.

I think in Vince's head he has to justify the show with story time on raw instead of the fun one off feel Beast in the East had.

Fox318

Because he's still a thousand times more over than anyone on the active roster

Maybe thats part of the problem.

I mean one of the things UFC always does is try to sell the next fight as the greatest thing since Robocop.

All WWE does is say look how good things were in the late 90s and we can't ever go back to that because we are a public company and we need to keep a good image so Steph can look like an important business leader when she does her business internships.

WWE should at least attempt to lie and say Roman is better than Brutus the Barber Beefcake.

Fox318

Remember to stay #safe out there.

If you are going to vote for a slammy do it on your wrestling specific alt so nobody knows you watch fake sports.

notworksafe

I usually don't watch Slammy Award Raws. but I'll just be playing XCX all night anyway so might as well have it on in the background...just in case something happens.

I always like the idea of the bound for glory series as well. TNA never did the best job with it (but they did a few good things), but it sets up a ton of different booking possibilities and even gives nice, free heat to people who get injured ("They were really high in the standards before they got taken out now!").

I think it might be way too much to work into 5 hours of wrestling tv a week, but it'd be nice to see something small scale for it. If that Survivor Series tourney was double elimination... :eek:

Top Bottom