• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Nose Master

Ugh. The venue they selected for NXT's Milwaukee date is awful. Not counting standing room (which doesn't seem like it exists), it probably holds about 150 people, tops. RoH has cheapo standing tickets, but that's RoH. There was also a glitch where you couldn't buy tickets next to eachother for a while. A+

U64O9vw.jpg

Also, looks like there's going to be a NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Title debuted at WK10;

rvARaia.jpg

Yano & The Briscoes vs Fale, Yujiro & Tonga will be to crown the first champions.

Gonzalez

Banned
Saw the new Star Wars. I think I should have stayed at the Christmas party I was at.

Jesus, outside of seeing the cast of The Raid showing up randomly, it felt like I got nothing out of it.

So for people who know more about the Mexican wrestling scene than I do, is there a reason that Pentagon Jr. came off like a superstar on LU but never really rose up the ranks in AAA?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So for people who know more about the Mexican wrestling scene than I do, is there a reason that Pentagon Jr. came off like a superstar on LU but never really rose up the ranks in AAA?

AAA has terrible booking and Lucha Underground was partially a way to get over and showcase their mid-card guys away from the main show. Like Cuerno(who is moving up towards the main event now), Drago and Pentagon. That's why bigger AAA names like Fenix, Texano Jr, and El Patron made far less appearances because they already had stuff cooking in AAA. Which is also why I think Rey isn't goign to be on that many episode of LU in season 2. And why you never saw Perro or Cibernetico on LU. The only exception was Mil Muertes/El Mesias.

Pentagon is super over in indies in Mexico. He just suffers the fate of AAA doesn't know how to book young guys and would rather just push Cibernetico or fake Parka again.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Isn't Mysterio also, you know, injured? I mean, its a day of the week ending in y so he's probably recovering from knee surgery but still.

Can someone explain what a NEVER title is to me?

New Japan had a project called NEVER (New blood, Evolution, Valiantly, Eternal, and Radical), intent on highlighting young talent not on the main product or signed to the company. A belt was invented in 2012, with a tournament. Since the tournament, there hasn't been a NEVER event (11 total), but the NEVER belts continue

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
New Japan had a project called NEVER (New blood, Evolution, Valiantly, Eternal, and Radical), intent on highlighting young talent not on the main product or signed to the company. A belt was invented in 2012, with a tournament. Since the tournament, there hasn't been a NEVER event (11 total), but the NEVER belts continue

In the hands of such young talent as Togi Makabe

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's basically what if the In Your House belt showed up in 1999, designed for up and comers, and was only swapped between Big Boss Man, Kane, Bob Backlund, The Godfather, and Rikishi.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
After writing that I now desperately want an IYH belt defended in the twilight of the attitude era by young up and comer Bob Backlund.

AAA has terrible booking and Lucha Underground was partially a way to get over and showcase their mid-card guys away from the main show. Like Cuerno(who is moving up towards the main event now), Drago and Pentagon. That's why bigger AAA names like Fenix, Texano Jr, and El Patron made far less appearances because they already had stuff cooking in AAA. Which is also why I think Rey isn't goign to be on that many episode of LU in season 2. And why you never saw Perro or Cibernetico on LU. The only exception was Mil Muertes/El Mesias.

Pentagon is super over in indies in Mexico. He just suffers the fate of AAA doesn't know how to book young guys and would rather just push Cibernetico or fake Parka again.

So NXT is to WWE what LU is to AAA?

Barrage

Man...compliments to Lucha's booking, I never felt like Fenix was making limited appearances.

NoRéN

It still amazes me how over Pentagon Jr is in LU. Dude has that presence. And Cuerno is a much better look that Fantasma.

Rey is in about 1 month's worth of tv episodes so far. Not a bad start.

Ultratech

Man, they just pulled a Russo Swerve at Miss Universe 2015.

lol yeah

I'm more leaning towards it being staged; I was watching it and nothing seemed off about the whole thing until they were like "Oh wait, sorry, Miss Philippines won it" (as she should've of anyways).

But whatever the outcome, it's got people talking, doesn't it?

Pentagon Jr. has easily one of the five best masks ever.

Agreed. And the variations he has of it are pretty awesome in their own way.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pentagon had booking issues, but he's still considered an asset by AAA like Fantasma. And he's the brother of their number one up and coming/future ace guy as well as one of the main underlings of their lost top heel.

The real amazing career resurrection was the eternal 40 year old jobber
eEfHheG.0.0.gif

It's like if Stevie Richards suddenly became a big deal

Top Bottom