• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Anth0ny

I wish they'd just discontinue Money in the Bank, it's more than run its course and is a lame and predictable story telling crutch. The Royal Rumble should be the only event that guarantees a title shot even if its without the "anytime" gimmick. Hell have KOTR mean something again and let it set up the winner for the Summerslam push like it did occasionally in the past instead of just giving someone a worthless gimmick for a year that's only really been effective once.

I don't remember the last time I was hyped for a Royal Rumble, the winner has been predictable if not flat out telegraphed for so damn long.

I still think they should change the winner of the money in the bank being some jobber with a briefcase that he can cash in at any time to the #1 contender at Summer Slam. Basically turn MITB into the Royal Rumble for Summer Slam. They're already trying to elevate Summer Slam into this massive, Mania-esque PPV with a full weekend of events happening rather than just the Summer Slam show... turning MITB into a SS hype PPV, like the Rumble is for Mania, would be interesting.

Sephzilla

I still think they should change the winner of the money in the bank being some jobber with a briefcase that he can cash in at any time to the #1 contender at Summer Slam. Basically turn MITB into the Royal Rumble for Summer Slam. They're already trying to elevate Summer Slam into this massive, Mania-esque PPV with a full weekend of events happening rather than just the Summer Slam show... turning MITB into a SS hype PPV, like the Rumble is for Mania, would be interesting.

So you basically want MITB to be exactly what King of the Ring used to be

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Watching through 1996 WCW right now:

1. Nobody in wrestling today comes anywhere near Ric Flair and Arn Anderson when it comes to promos. Light years apart. I'd even throw Savage in there as well. Promo ability in general back then was so, so much better from the top of the card on down. It's kind of sad, actually.

2. WCW having PPVs for bikers outside at Sturgis is one of the dumbest decisions I've ever seen. The guys in the crowd totally crap on anybody that isn't white. It is absolutely bizarre to watch. The only minorities I've seen win over the crowd are Mysterio/Dragon, who had an amazing Cruiserweight match.

miserable

SLAMMY AWARDS |OT| in 2015

Freight+Train+nod.gif

Menome

Friends, my vote has been cast and my Best of 2015 list is finalised:

1. Life Is Sandow
2. Brockborne
3. Triple HHH's Story
4. Roman League
5. Cesaro Reborn
6. Paul Heyman Of Eternity
7. Tyler Breeze: Dark Sorrow
8. Until Dolph
9. The Bo Dallas Guide
10. Everybody's Gone To The Ryback

klonere

Banned
Trap beats are the hypest thing out there, I'd take it as an entrance theme.

Need more variety the style of music used for entrance themes anyway!

Clearing out spare room to make way for a Nursery and found these...

CWxPxpVXIAA0A2A.jpg:large

The shame. I've offered them to my friend, but if he doesn't want em there all yours WrassleGAF. Otherwise they're just going to be thrown out.

Pizoxuat looked them up and in their info it says Jado is a fan, so I guess?

She also was watching the video and guessed that it would be the green girl, and she was right.

Sorry for the necro on this, but here's the real story based on my horrible mistranslation. Jado is a fan of MMZ, and the video was during a New Japan press event based on financials or something. MMZ want Jado to be in the New Japan Rumble, and Jado accepted.

Also confirmed, along with him, the Rumble will feature Kojima, Tenzan, Taguchi, Tiger Mask, Liger, Nagata, and Nakanishi.

Zach

1. Nobody in wrestling today comes anywhere near Ric Flair and Arn Anderson when it comes to promos. Light years apart. I'd even throw Savage in there as well. Promo ability in general back then was so, so much better from the top of the card on down. It's kind of sad, actually.

2. WCW having PPVs for bikers outside at Sturgis is one of the dumbest decisions I've ever seen. The guys in the crowd totally crap on anybody that isn't white. It is absolutely bizarre to watch. The only minorities I've seen win over the crowd are Mysterio/Dragon, who had an amazing Cruiserweight match.

1. Arn might be the best ever. F'realz.

2. Yeah, watching those feels like Christmastime when the racist portion of the family stops by my grandparents' house. Cringe.

The bikers thing was also had Becasue Thu didn't charge momey for tickets.

Clearing out spare room to make way for a Nursery and found these...

CWxPxpVXIAA0A2A.jpg:large

The shame. I've offered them to my friend, but if he doesn't want em there all yours WrassleGAF. Otherwise they're just going to be thrown out.

"Do you see this man, El Hijo/La Hija del Mr. Luchador? His name is Kurt Angle. Be like him, but don't be like him completely."

Top Bottom