• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

No but are you looking for other recs?

Yeah, I was asking if there were any non-franchise wrestling comics (something not WWE/WCW), and they came up with that and the two Andre the Giant ones. I've mainly been reading old school Marvel and The Walking Dead, and I've started to branch out. This is directly related to my waning interest in WWE.

It looked pretty cool. Give the first issue a try at least

I'll check it out during the CMX sales!

I've just been recommended this https://imagecomics.com/comics/series/ringside by the good folks in ComicGAF (Sillymonkey), has anyone read it?

Only 1 issue is out, but the writer and artists have put out solid work in the past.

If you're looking for recommendations for other books, let us know what you're in the mood for. I don't work comics retail, but I know enough people who do who send me their recommendations.

Friends, my vote has been cast and my Best of 2015 list is finalised:

1. Life Is Sandow
2. Brockborne
3. Triple HHH's Story
4. Roman League
5. Cesaro Reborn
6. Paul Heyman Of Eternity
7. Tyler Breeze: Dark Sorrow
8. Until Dolph
9. The Bo Dallas Guide
10. Everybody's Gone To The Ryback

This is good

Yeah, I was asking if there were any non-franchise wrestling comics (something not WWE/WCW), and they came up with that and the two Andre the Giant ones. I've mainly been reading old school Marvel and The Walking Dead, and I've started to branch out. This is directly related to my waning interest in WWE.

I would echo the recommendation for the Andre comic

51%2BUYnb9SwL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I got it as a gift for Christmas last year and it's awesome

I'll check it out during the CMX sales!
Yea the Andre comic is really Damn good.

If you are looking for an old marvel recommendation. Can't go wrong with the Lee/Kirby Fantastic Four.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Friends, my vote has been cast and my Best of 2015 list is finalised:

1. Life Is Sandow
2. Brockborne
3. Triple HHH's Story
4. Roman League
5. Cesaro Reborn
6. Paul Heyman Of Eternity
7. Tyler Breeze: Dark Sorrow
8. Until Dolph
9. The Bo Dallas Guide
10. Everybody's Gone To The Ryback

Life is Strange
Bloodborne
Her Story (??)
Rocket League
????
????
Until Dawn
????
????
????

I would echo the recommendation for the Andre comic

51%2BUYnb9SwL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I got it as a gift for Christmas last year and it's awesome

Sweet, I'll check that out. It's about £10 on Amazon right now.

Yea the Andre comic is really Damn good.

If you are looking for an old marvel recommendation. Can't go wrong with the Lee/Kirby Fantastic Four.

Yeah, I've been reading through Marvel in Chronological Order with Marvel Unlimited. I started at Fantastic Four #1 and worked my way through them. I'm currently 700+ issues in, and things are getting good!

It's interesting to see how much cross appeal there is between comics and wrestling, yet the two never seem to meet (successfully).

Life is Strange
Bloodborne
Her Story (??)
Rocket League
????
????
Until Dawn
????
????
????

Life Is Strange
Bloodborne
Her Story
Rocket League
Chaos Reborn
Pillars of Eternity
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow
Until Dawn
The Beginner's Guide
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Hey Sunny Mac, if you're too swamped, I'll take the bullet and put up the Google Form for nominations for the Fourth Annual CARNIES WrassleGAF Awards.

Heel

Life Is Strange
Bloodborne
Her Story
Rocket League
Chaos Reborn
Pillars of Eternity
Until Dawn
The Beginner's Guide

Hey Sunny Mac, if you're too swamped, I'll take the bullet and put up the Google Form for nominations for the Fourth Annual CARNIES WrassleGAF Awards.

Still have some kideos to play, but the top half of our lists are very similar. Agree with a top 10 nod for The Beginner's Guide, too.

giphy.gif

Started on Until Dawn the other night. Delightfully campy cheese so far.

Menome

Life Is Strange
Bloodborne
Her Story
Rocket League
Chaos Reborn
Pillars of Eternity
Until Dawn
The Beginner's Guide

Congratulations! You win a No-Prize! Guaranteed to be worth more than a Slammy come January.

Mankind fucked up what could've been a long drawn out Goldust and Taker fued but it isn't his fault. I can appreciate that they had a 3 month fued but damn their characters were made for each other.

Same for Mankind.

Still have some kideos to play, but the top half of our lists are very similar. Agree with a top 10 nod for The Beginner's Guide, too.

giphy.gif

Started on Until Dawn the other night. Delightfully campy cheese so far.

Sorry, friend. That's not my list. I was just translating another person's list.

Sorry, but I have to ask this: shouldn't atomic drops be illegal?

Probably. The original atomic drop was angled so it impacted the tailbone or small of the back, Lou Thesz did a particularly vicious looking one, but in later years it wasn't often done that way and was pretty much a glorified low-blow for faces to use and for heels to sell in a ridiculous, over-the-top manner.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've come to the conclusion that I need to move all my consoles to my computer desk because I realize I'm never going to keep my attention if it's away from the computer.

Yokozuna was asked to do a run-in in the Hall vs. Nash match in Las Vegas to attack Nash. He was offered $10,000 just for the run-in and turned it down because he said he was too busy. Hall called him up, he's now living in Las Vegas and training at a wrestling school there, and started yelling at him to get his butt down to the building but he didn't come

Wcw

Amazing how much money they threw around

Menome

The DX parody of the Corporate Team is both slightly amusing and slightly cringeworthy at the same time, like an ambivalent paradox of comedy.

Top Bottom