• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

There is a certain inequality in WWE's no inter-gender policy that only applies to male vs. female, and not female vs. male violence. It's just not right. Fighting the good fight Sandy, keep it up!

Did I say that violence against women is not as bad? Absolutely not. It's just to vilify that and then think going the other way is okay is not cool. When Steph does it to Roman, it's one thing. When she does it to someone you know she can beat up, it's another.

Aiii

So not worth it
Did I say that violence against women is not as bad? Absolutely not. It's just to vilify that and then think going the other way is okay is not cool. When Steph does it to Roman, it's one thing. When she does it to someone you know she can beat up, it's another.

Hey, I'm agreeing with you. Either you go all the way, or you go no way at all.

notworksafe

For a Slammy Raw, last night wasn't bad actually. The matches themselves were good and WWE is doing good things for the League of Nations. They're working together to beatdown some faces, which is perfect for a stable of big bad guys. I enjoyed the main event quite a lot, and even some of the award presentations weren't too bad.

Guess I'll watch Smackdown tonight, hoping they do something special for "Super" Smackdown...whatever that means.

edit: new

298_398_diamond-dallas-page-yoga-tktktk.jpg

When is that GHC match happenning between Suzuki and Marufuji?

At Destiny 2015 on 12/23/2015.

Here's the card:
(1) Yoshinari Ogawa & Hitoshi Kumano vs. Yoshihiro Takayama & Kaito Kiyomiya
(2) Muhammad Yone, Mitsuhiro Kitamiya & Akitoshi Saito vs. Quiet Storm, Genba Hirayanagi & Captain NOAH
(3) Kenoh vs. Hajime Ohara
(4) Maybach Taniguchi vs. Go Shiozaki
(5) Takashi Sugiura vs. Takashi Iizuka
(6) Shelton “X” Benjamin vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima
(7) GHC Junior Tag Championship Match: Daisuke Harada & Atsushi Kotoge (c) vs. El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku
(8) GHC Junior Championship Match: Taichi (c) vs. Taiji Ishimori
(9) GHC Tag Championship Match: Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.) (c) vs. “BIG in USA” (Chris Hero & Colt Cabana)
(10) GHC Heavyweight Championship Match: Minoru Suzuki (c) vs. Naomichi Marufuji

Thought the opening segment last night was fine. I dunno, I found it fun. From a story perspective, it works. For once, dude had power over the Authority and not the other way around.
I only saw the YouTube version, but I agree. It was a FnP segment to basically show how childish Steph was acting. It's a real shame that Roman was harassed by that fan on his way through the crowd though.

For a Slammy Raw, last night wasn't bad actually. The matches themselves were good and WWE is doing good things for the League of Nations. They're working together to beatdown some faces, which is perfect for a stable of big bad guys. I enjoyed the main event quite a lot, and even some of the award presentations weren't too bad.

Are you sure you watched last night's Raw?

There's still hope that Marufuji will leave because Shiozaki is there now.

Come on, Marufuji. Go to All Japan. You know you want to set fire to your career.

When The New Day wins a WrassleGAF CARNY award this year, we should all let him know via Twitter.

notworksafe

Are you sure you watched last night's Raw?

Positive. I mean, obviously it was a downturn from last week. But when you have both Vince showing up and a title change anything is going to be a downturn. Then you add on that episode being a Slammy show and you gotta cut them a little slack. Putting all that into consideration, it was a pretty good show.

I didn't think Raw was all that bad last night. The worst segments were with Stephanie, and that opening was kinda cringey. The matches were pretty decent, but the awards were a joke with a brief appearance by Seth being the highlight. How New Day didn't win a damn thing is unbelievable.

Of course with Cena coming back next week, we're going to get the eventual Cena/Ambrose/Reigns vs League of Nations tag match.

somedevil

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/artic...rt-angle-draws-to-a-close?utm_source=vicefbca

An interesting article on the end of Angle's (TNA) Career.

Any chance he appears at the Rumble, perhaps the entrant after Lesnar?

Won't be the Rumble because he contract with TNA is still good through January. He is free Feb 1st.

I'm fine with a retirement match at Wrestlemania if he passes all the tests that his health is fine. Imagine Angle vs Bryan at Mania. That would make people come and buy the show but the odds of that happening are 10%.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As proven by the reign of Nikki Bella and now insane Steph some men on the internet just can't handle strong female authority figures. It's a sad state.

Won't be the Rumble because he contract with TNA is still good through January. He is free Feb 1st.

I'm fine with a retirement match at Wrestlemania if he passes all the tests that his health is fine. Imagine Angle vs Bryan at Mania. That would make people come and buy the show but the odds of that happening are 10%.

There's almost no chance they would clear Angle and/or Bryan. Maybe Angle gets a Hall of Fame induction at some point.

bjork

So my computer seems to hate imgur for some reason, but I saw a 4-pack at Target that even DM would proudly buy in front of other adults. The Heenan Family, it was Andre/Bobby/Perfect/Big John Studd. Pretty cool.

kiguel182

Man, Raw was bad.

It was the Slammys so I wasn't expecting much but they did exactly the opposite of what worked for Reigns last week. He is now surfer smiley dude and well, it doesn't work for me. This is the version of Reigns I can't stand and can't buy in. Last week he shinned in some moments but this week was the exact opposite.

And Steph just slapping everyone is dumb. You can't fight her so what's the point?

Also, Sheamus continues to lose for some reason. Having a top heel that always loses is dumb.

Still great as a background noise but won't go past that.

Zach

Any of you guys watching Making a Murderer on Netflix? I'm afraid to go in the Off Topic thread. Don't want anything spoiled. Expecting the ending to be just as depressing as everything else, though. I'm through episode 4 myself.
Poor Brendan and his mom. Heartbreaking.

Top Bottom