• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

DMczaf

1917713_1652147698368376_798876508627287171_n.jpg

Actually as I think about it, building Steph right now makes a lot of sense. With Rousey out of commission there is a huge market of MRA types thirsting to see violence against a high profile woman. As Aiii and Sandalphon have shown us there is passion there and it would make a lot sense from a business standpoint (though not from an ethical one) to sate the bloodlust of these hapless pathetic men.

Actually as I think about it, building Steph right now makes a lot of sense. With Rousey out of commission there is a huge market of MRA types thirsting to see violence against a high profile woman. As Aiii and Sandalphon have shown us there is passion there and it would make a lot sense from a business standpoint (though not from an ethical one) to sate the bloodlust of these hapless pathetic men.

lmao

Aiii

So not worth it

You. You. You
magnificent bastard!

KingBroly

Banned
Stephanie should be the Vince of the Women's Division but she clearly wants to put herself above everyone so it just brings the product down since no one can touch her, people are tired of her shit, repeat.

Watching old New Hart Foundation segments is great. Just to see the little things Owen, and Bulldog would do to make each other corpse.

Yep. Bulldog's return to the WWF in 1999 is shitty because his spirit just seems dead. I remember Undertaker did an interview once shortly after Bulldog died and they talked about his '99 return. Taker said Bulldog just seemed lifeless without Owen around and assumed he was pilled out all the time.

Colocho

Banned
Random question to move things along: When was the last time the phrase "World Wrestling Entertainment" was uttered in WWE programming (Raw, Smackdown, etc)? Doesn't count if it's archival footage or something of the sort.

Stephanie should be the Vince of the Women's Division but she clearly wants to put herself above everyone so it just brings the product down since no one can touch her, people are tired of her shit, repeat.

Vince lorded over the divas as well in his tenure as the big bad, do you not remember the angles with Trish and Stacy and probably a bunch more? Why is it that the women can fall into a man's sphere of influence but you're outraged at McMahon-Helmsley getting involved with "everyone".

somedevil

Raw Viewership for 12/21:

8pm: 3.443
9pm: 3.374
10pm: 3.316

Avg: 3.377

Well back to reality. The viewership dropped by 500,000 compared to last week. Wonder how Cena return will do next week.

edit: Also, the interest to see what happens next with Reigns title run did not happen with first hour number.

Anth0ny

Raw Viewership for 12/21:

8pm: 3.443
9pm: 3.374
10pm: 3.316

Avg: 3.377

Well back to reality. The viewership dropped by 500,000 compared to last week. Wonder how Cena return will do next week.

edit: Also, the interest to see what happens next with Reigns title run did not happen with first hour number.

I'm trying to wrap my head around these numbers, and I can't.

Here's two weeks ago:

Hour 1 = 3.270 million
Hour 2 = 3.042 million
Hour 3 = 2.850 million

Then last weeks good rating:

Hour 1 = 4.043 million
Hour 2 = 3.786 million
Hour 3 = 3.825 million

This week dropped to somewhere between the two extremes. Hour 1 was high last week because they went off the air on TLC with an interesting angle. People were VERY interested in Roman Reigns and what would happen with him next. The number stayed high and actually went up from hour 2 to 3 because of Vince and the promise of a Roman Reigns title win.

Now, Roman is the champ and hour one drops from a 4.043 to a 3.443. Did people stop caring about Roman now that he's won the title? Was going off the air last week with Roman holding the belt not enticing for people to tune in the next week? Was everyone watching Star Wars?

It's also interesting that the rating didn't drop hard in the second and third hours. I think that might have to do with the fact that kids are out of school and parents are letting them stay up late to watch? I guess?

i'm so confused

Sephzilla

I'm trying to wrap my head around these numbers, and I can't.

Here's two weeks ago:

Hour 1 = 3.270 million
Hour 2 = 3.042 million
Hour 3 = 2.850 million

Then last weeks good rating:

Hour 1 = 4.043 million
Hour 2 = 3.786 million
Hour 3 = 3.825 million

This week dropped to somewhere between the two extremes. Hour 1 was high last week because they went off the air on TLC with an interesting angle. People were VERY interested in Roman Reigns and what would happen with him next. The number stayed high and actually went up from hour 2 to 3 because of Vince and the promise of a Roman Reigns title win.

Now, Roman is the champ and hour one drops from a 4.043 to a 3.443. Did people stop caring about Roman now that he's won the title? Was going off the air last week with Roman holding the belt not enticing for people to tune in the next week? Was everyone watching Star Wars?

It's also interesting that the rating didn't drop hard in the second and third hours. I think that might have to do with the fact that kids are out of school and parents are letting them stay up late to watch? I guess?

i'm so confused

They probably tuned in, saw smiling Roman was back, saw Steph was on, and promptly changed the channel.

MC Safety

Random question to move things along: When was the last time the phrase "World Wrestling Entertainment" was uttered in WWE programming (Raw, Smackdown, etc)? Doesn't count if it's archival footage or something of the sort.

It's like KFC means Kentucky FRIED chicken, but they don't ever say it because god forbid someone looks at a piece of marketing or corporate communications and sees the fried chicken chain mentioning fried chicken.

I believe it was an official thing to make "WWE" not technically stand for anything.

Anth0ny

That doesn't look like Triple H.

I can see them blowing their load early and doing Trips vs. Reigns at the Rumble.

But that leaves the Rumble. Winner would face Reigns, the champ, at Mania.

Honestly, my favorite scenario would be Cena winning the Rumble to face Reigns at Mania. Brock is in the Rumble as well... only to get eliminated by Kevin Owens. Maven vs. Undertaker 2002 style. Just outta fucking nowhere. Crowd hates it, but it's Kevin Owens, so they should fucking hate it. Sets up perfectly for KO vs. Brock at Mania.

Only problem is it leaves HHH without an opponent for Mania. They're kinda screwed there unless they make the championship match a three way or something.

wait

qWVMCFN.jpg

Ithil

Real talk, guys... WHY do you still watch Raw? Honestly, it's been shit for over a year now, only on rare occasion going to "moderately good, but"-territory.

I mean, I was Stockholming along with you for years, and many others in this thread. But so many of us have called it quits already, so what is keeping you guys around for so much longer?

In the past, I could imagine (and I did) point to two or three things that kept me around, CM Punk and Bryan for instance. But now? There's no redeeming segment, performer, nothing. It's all crap.

Hey, I guess it deserves respect that you guys are willing to endure it, but aren't there more fun ways to spend 3 hours of your weeks?
I've ceased to give it my attention, it's now on in the background as I do other stuff. I will glance over if something appears to be happening, but those few and far between. I think I paid attention to about 10 minutes of that Slammies show in total.

Top Bottom