• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

bjork

Guys, we already had Nashvember... Please, don't give another garbage tittle like Stephuary to the future threads :(

Nashvember was a bonafide success compared to this thread. You guys won't even hit 15k this time around.

Zv6Aa6.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
As proven by the reign of Nikki Bella and now insane Steph some men on the internet just can't handle strong female authority figures. It's a sad state.

Star Wars clearly proves people have way less of a problem with female leading characters in fiction than you would have us believe.

It's when we get shitty ass people in leads that people "can't handle it," but that's equal opportunity, since it's the same for the males.

So I reject your notion of blaming the people for the shittyness that are Nikki Bella and Stephanie McMahon.

I don't suppose we'll ever get a Dangerous Alliance figure pack. I need "self-conscious about his body image compared to Rick Rude" Larry Zbysko.

Heroman

Banned
What would happen if vince got these ratings?
"Rikidōzan on October 6, 1957 sixty-minute draw with Lou Thesz for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship drew an 87.0 rating, and his May 24, 1963 sixty-minute two out of three falls draw with The Destroyer drew a 67.0 rating, but a larger viewing audience (the largest in Japanese history) than the previous match, since by 1963 more people had television sets"

What would happen if vince got these ratings?
"Rikidōzan on October 6, 1957 sixty-minute draw with Lou Thesz for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship drew an 87.0 rating, and his May 24, 1963 sixty-minute two out of three falls draw with The Destroyer drew a 67.0 rating, but a larger viewing audience (the largest in Japanese history) than the previous match, since by 1963 more people had television sets"

It's literally impossible for anything these days to get those ratings.

I did my Asda Christmas food shop today, but couldn't help but notice the sad lonely world that Kofi Kingston was living in.

CW1j39nW4AAFJci.jpg:large

Him and Big Show, with Jerry Lawler flat on his back behind them. So sad.

Aiii

So not worth it
Real talk, guys... WHY do you still watch Raw? Honestly, it's been shit for over a year now, only on rare occasion going to "moderately good, but"-territory.

I mean, I was Stockholming along with you for years, and many others in this thread. But so many of us have called it quits already, so what is keeping you guys around for so much longer?

In the past, I could imagine (and I did) point to two or three things that kept me around, CM Punk and Bryan for instance. But now? There's no redeeming segment, performer, nothing. It's all crap.

Hey, I guess it deserves respect that you guys are willing to endure it, but aren't there more fun ways to spend 3 hours of your weeks?

Oh come on now, anyone who watches as much WWE as we do should know by now that the Christmas time is a total wind down every year - Slammys, Tribute to the Troops, Best of 2015, etc. I can only assume this is like the one week a year the wrestlers get to relax.

klonere

Banned
Haven't watched Raw in weeks but can somebody tell me if the steel cage match last night was as crazy as it sounds? They've had the worst year for injuries ever and they've got guys kicking out of insanely dangerous spots and doing PPV worthy stunts on an absolutely zero consequences show...

I feel sorry for the wrestlers :(

Haven't watched Raw in weeks but can somebody tell me if the steel cage match last night was as crazy as it sounds? They've had the worst year for injuries ever and they've got guys kicking out of insanely dangerous spots and doing PPV worthy stunts on an absolutely zero consequences show...

I feel sorry for the wrestlers :(
I believe this was the highlight of the match:
GcS9Kme.gif

Any of you guys watching Making a Murderer on Netflix? I'm afraid to go in the Off Topic thread. Don't want anything spoiled. Expecting the ending to be just as depressing as everything else, though. I'm through episode 4 myself.
Poor Brendan and his mom. Heartbreaking.

I found the critical flaw in his whole story, he hopes to be out for April 10th, to watch Wrestlemania. I immediately switched from Netflix to the WWE Network only to discover Wrestlemania was on April 2nd of that year! Regardless, I watched it in honour of he who couldn't.

Caderfix

In the past, I could imagine (and I did) point to two or three things that kept me around, CM Punk and Bryan for instance. But now? There's no redeeming segment, performer, nothing. It's all crap.

KO, New Day, Sasha, Bray, Luke, Rusev, etc. There are still plenty of solid performers.

somedevil

Real talk, guys... WHY do you still watch Raw? Honestly, it's been shit for over a year now, only on rare occasion going to "moderately good, but"-territory.

I mean, I was Stockholming along with you for years, and many others in this thread. But so many of us have called it quits already, so what is keeping you guys around for so much longer?

Hey, I guess it deserves respect that you guys are willing to endure it, but aren't there more fun ways to spend 3 hours of your weeks?

Its a tv show. It will be good it will be bad. Its not like people just stare at the show for 3 hours and don't do anything else like change the channel or move around there house.

What amuses me more are watching this show get to posters to the point where there is a complete 180 when they started posting in this thread. Thats the point when I know to stop watching the show or any other.

It's sad to go back to reading the January 2014 OT

This place was so optimistic and hopeful and happy. Looking forward to a Rumble even.

It didn't even take 2 full years of bad booking and terrible behind-scenes behavior to completely break everything in us

Aiii

So not worth it
KO, New Day, Sasha, Bray, Luke, Rusev, etc. There are still plenty of solid performers.

Okay, fair enough. Though I will point out that while Bryan and Punk (to use my own example) kept things interesting by being different, creating storylines that made sense, and by incorporating unique stuff into their matches. The examples you list are having nothing matches, that are mostly formulaic (even their PPV work) while engaging in nothing storylines. Week-in, week-out it's the same old shit. You could just go back three months and watch one of their matches from back then and end up with exactly the same thing. At least, that's how I see it.

Its a tv show. It will be good it will be bad. Its not like people just stare at the show for 3 hours and don't do anything else like change the channel or move around there house.

What amuses me more are watching this show get to posters to the point where there is a complete 180 when they started posting in this thread. Thats the point when I know to stop watching the show.

Agreed to the last part, once I started writing half page posts on how shit everything was I needed to get out quick. But I disagree with the former, it's never actually good. Last week people told me it was good, so I watched on Hulu and it really wasn't that good. It had a title change, that was good (because title change) and it had Vince McMahon (who hadn't been around in a while and wasn't great, but fresh and therefor good). It's never good though, maybe once or twice a year, but who wants to watch a show that's only good for less than 4% of the time?

The Rumble is even exactly a month away. Nobody cares. Nobody's posting "holy shit I can't wait for the Rumble" when even 3 years ago that was all anybody could think

Caderfix

Okay, fair enough. Though I will point out that while Bryan and Punk (to use my own example) kept things interesting by being different, creating storylines that made sense, and by incorporating unique stuff into their matches. The examples you list are having nothing matches, that are mostly formulaic (even their PPV work) while engaging in nothing storylines. Week-in, week-out it's the same old shit. You could just go back three months and watch one of their matches from back then and end up with exactly the same thing. At least, that's how I see it.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. However, I honestly think their segments are entertaining, and even if they're just thrown into feuds or matches without any background other than popcorn, they still perform very well, at least most of the time, and that's enjoyable.

In my eyes, the shitty part is mostly related to the main event scene. The midcard work their ass off and get pretty much nothing from it, that's awful, but they're good and show variety, so I like watching them.

kiguel182

The Rumble is even exactly a month away. Nobody cares. Nobody's posting "holy shit I can't wait for the Rumble" when even 3 years ago that was all anybody could think

I can't even think of a reason to care about the Rumble.

There are some scenarios that would be cool but I'm not holding my breath. There's no story they have that I'm like "can't wait to see how this will unfold!"

GunBR

The only way that Rumble could be good is if Brock enter at number 1 and eliminate all the other competitors

But we know who probably gonna win and face Reigns at WM
220px-RoyalRumble2016.jpg

This thread really moves slow these days after RAW ends.

I remember when you could get 5-10 pages after a good RAW between the end of the show and me getting up in the morning. These days we get 2.

I think this is the first year in a long while where there isn't one super obvious Rumble winner. Cena or Triple seems likely but Brock could also do it as could Undertaker, hell for all we know Bryan has been legit cleared and they're holding him back for maximum effect.
I think that element of the unknown makes the Rumble match a lot more interesting than the past couple of years.

Verendus

Banned
I'm looking forward to the Roman Rumble 2016 edition. I highly recommend people take up the PPV a month diet. It's a great way to watch the WWE without letting it eat away at your soul.

Barack Lesnar is coming to win the Roman Rumble so that he can lose to Roman Reigns at Wrasslin'Mania 32. The prophecy is coming to fruition. We should all look forward to it.

I had a horrible dream that Verendus turned heel and started supporting Cesaro, the vanilla giant.
Brother Beef pls.

Even in nightmares, I can't be broken. There's so much positivity inside this body it moves mountains and splits seas.

Top Bottom