• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

All I want is to play more SteamWorld: Heist, friends.

SteamPunk.png
SteamPunk

Sephzilla

I can see them blowing their load early and doing Trips vs. Reigns at the Rumble.

But that leaves the Rumble. Winner would face Reigns, the champ, at Mania.

Honestly, my favorite scenario would be Cena winning the Rumble to face Reigns at Mania. Brock is in the Rumble as well... only to get eliminated by Kevin Owens. Maven vs. Undertaker 2002 style. Just outta fucking nowhere. Crowd hates it, but it's Kevin Owens, so they should fucking hate it. Sets up perfectly for KO vs. Brock at Mania.

Only problem is it leaves HHH without an opponent for Mania. They're kinda screwed there unless they make the championship match a three way or something.

wait

qWVMCFN.jpg

I don't think they'd boo KO if he eliminated Brock

I'm trying to wrap my head around these numbers, and I can't.

Here's two weeks ago:

Hour 1 = 3.270 million
Hour 2 = 3.042 million
Hour 3 = 2.850 million

Then last weeks good rating:

Hour 1 = 4.043 million
Hour 2 = 3.786 million
Hour 3 = 3.825 million

This week dropped to somewhere between the two extremes. Hour 1 was high last week because they went off the air on TLC with an interesting angle. People were VERY interested in Roman Reigns and what would happen with him next. The number stayed high and actually went up from hour 2 to 3 because of Vince and the promise of a Roman Reigns title win.

Now, Roman is the champ and hour one drops from a 4.043 to a 3.443. Did people stop caring about Roman now that he's won the title? Was going off the air last week with Roman holding the belt not enticing for people to tune in the next week? Was everyone watching Star Wars?

It's also interesting that the rating didn't drop hard in the second and third hours. I think that might have to do with the fact that kids are out of school and parents are letting them stay up late to watch? I guess?

i'm so confused

I dunno, I record RAW and watch it the following day fast-forwarding through the crap, but I couldn't even be bothered with that for 'The Slammys', Cena return aside there was never anything gonna happen yesterday nor next week.

klonere

Banned
Do you think they'll give Roman clean wins over Cena (and not KO "clean" wins) and Brock? Or do you think they save one of those clean wins for the next big heel project?

klonere

Banned
Imagine if Rusev had beaten Cena at Mania. You'd have a credible main event heel to slot in instead of some comedy geek stuck in one of the worst storylines in this year of our lord 2015.

UberTag

Imagine if Wyatt and Owens beat Cena and then didn't lose the next half-dozen times they wrestled him... like Del Rio will starting next week.

Imagine if Rusev had beaten Cena at Mania. You'd have a credible main event heel to slot in instead of some comedy geek stuck in one of the worst storylines in this year of our lord 2015.
Bray should have fucking beat Cena at Mania 30. He becomes a legit threat and you have a guy to face Bryan instead of giving Kane his shitty fucking mask and be in an awful predictable feud with Bryan. Now poor Bray is nothing more than a jobber to Vince's boys. Was built up and fed to Cena, built up and fed to Taker, built up and fed to Roman, and then fed to Taker again.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Guys, I never watch Smackdown, but it's live tonight. So maybe it'll be fun? I mean, that Owens/Ambrose/Ziggler triple threat sounds fun. This is a bad idea, isn't it?

klonere

Banned
Bray should have fucking beat Cena at Mania 30. He becomes a legit threat and you have a guy to face Bryan instead of giving Kane his shitty fucking mask and be in an awful predictable feud with Bryan. Now poor Bray is nothing more than a jobber to Vince's boys. Was built up and fed to Cena, built up and fed to Taker, built up and fed to Roman, and then fed to Taker again.

I wasn't around when Bray was at his most threatening but the Mania 31 match and feud with Taker was a fucking travesty. He has to feud with himself for over a month yet when Taker comes back for Lesnar and suddenly they have an enormous roster wide brawl that was insanely memorable. Then he tweaks his ankle before the match so nobody remembers it except that he lost to the guy he was explictly saying "I'm going to replace you".

I didn't watch Survivor Series mainly because of that hilariously awful angle where Taker and Kane killed the Wyatts 2 on 4. I honestly have no idea what they want Bray to be. I guess he's kinda a main eventer in the modern era where all it takes to be one is to occasionally get some promo time instead of being a big scary dude with a bunch of big wins over old legends under his belt.

Taker got to kill Dusty on his way in, got a win over Hogan soon enough and a title run all very quickly into his tenure....

But at least he's going over the Dudleys constantly

notworksafe

Guys, I never watch Smackdown, but it's live tonight. So maybe it'll be fun? I mean, that Owens/Ambrose/Ziggler triple threat sounds fun. This is a bad idea, isn't it?

I haven't watched Smackdown for over a year but I'll be watching tonight. Should be fun, doesn't hurt to at least tune in for a bit.

klonere

Banned

It'll be a good match! I hope they make it feel like a big deal, let the guys talk about it and all. The IC Belt needs some serious help right now.

They even set it up with him going clean over Bryan in their one on one rumble match. It was such a missed opportunity and then you could have gone from the high of Brian beating the one man on the roster he couldn't beat into him immediately having to go face to face with Brock.

They even set it up with him going clean over Bryan in their one on one rumble match. It was such a missed opportunity.

That more shows how little of a fuck they ever gave about Bryan. To this day, he's the only person Bray's ever been in a singles feud with who 1) he beat constantly (even Jericho got a win against Bray at a PPV) and 2) didn't immediately go on to success after the feud ended (Ryback won the IC belt less than a month later)

Gonzalez

Banned
#ShootTuesday

10410177_738775419540006_4927545503713324410_n.jpg
I did, and I remember it like it was yesterday. I was in the 7th grade, and we were fucking around doing wrestling moves after school. I saw this little 5 ft tall Puerto Rican kid trying to put on a sharpshooter badly on another kid, and I said "Fuck that". So I grabbed that son of a bitch by both of both his legs, threw him on to his back, and applied a real fucking sharpshooter. I had that little son of a bitch bent in half. He started tapping like crazy, but I wasn't letting go. I was in the zone, like Shamrock.

DMczaf

I did, and I remember it like it was yesterday. I was in the 7th grade, and we were fucking around doing wrestling moves after school. I saw this little 5 ft tall Puerto Rican kid trying to put on a sharpshooter badly on another kid, and I said "Fuck that". So I grabbed that son of a bitch by both of both his legs, threw him on to his back, and applied a real fucking sharpshooter. I had that little son of a bitch bent in half. He started tapping like crazy, but I wasn't letting go. I was in the zone, like Shamrock.

I would have DQ'd you.

CW2EbjwUYAQA_2Z.jpg

Oh Mark....

Looks like the cover of some a smooth R&B Christmas albm

#ShootTuesday

10410177_738775419540006_4927545503713324410_n.jpg

Damn. 2 tru. I even put it on my own DAMN BROTHER. I'm #BitterLikeBret though.

SLAP SOME SENSE IN'A THAT SUNNUVABITCH, STOMP A MUDHOLE IN'M AND GIVE ME A HELLLLL YEAHHH

I got a question for you guys, I think it's thread worthy, but I'll keep it among the community...

Fallout 4 or MGSV? I got time off till class starts up and I want one of these beasts. I'll trust the opinions of those who I RESPECT.

I'm trying to wrap my head around these numbers, and I can't.

Here's two weeks ago:

Hour 1 = 3.270 million
Hour 2 = 3.042 million
Hour 3 = 2.850 million

Then last weeks good rating:

Hour 1 = 4.043 million
Hour 2 = 3.786 million
Hour 3 = 3.825 million

This week dropped to somewhere between the two extremes. Hour 1 was high last week because they went off the air on TLC with an interesting angle. People were VERY interested in Roman Reigns and what would happen with him next. The number stayed high and actually went up from hour 2 to 3 because of Vince and the promise of a Roman Reigns title win.

Now, Roman is the champ and hour one drops from a 4.043 to a 3.443. Did people stop caring about Roman now that he's won the title? Was going off the air last week with Roman holding the belt not enticing for people to tune in the next week? Was everyone watching Star Wars?

It's also interesting that the rating didn't drop hard in the second and third hours. I think that might have to do with the fact that kids are out of school and parents are letting them stay up late to watch? I guess?

i'm so confused

Seems pretty obvious to me:

First week: The ratings were crap because the show was in the dumpster.

Then, between the end of the PPV and the next night on Raw they used YEARS worth of ammo in a 24 hour period to get Reigns over (and in turn pop a rating). Attacking HHH, bringing back Vince after years, attacking Vince, and a WWE title change on Raw.

Now, the show is on it's way back to where it was. Some stuck around from last week and were treated to the same old same old

Reigns is liked well enough at this point, but is still nowhere near "face of the company" over. The draw was Vince, pure and simple. People hung around last week for Vince shenanigans and a potential title change. All that is over now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got a question for you guys, I think it's thread worthy, but I'll keep it among the community...

Fallout 4 or MGSV? I got time off till class starts up and I want one of these beasts. I'll trust the opinions of those who I RESPECT.

Neither, both are trash.

Yakuza 5 is the answer.

Both have crap stories and writing. MGSV at least has great gameplay to make up for it.

Anth0ny

MGSV

don't go in expecting a great story, though. game is fun as fuck to play.

Both have crap stories and writing. MGSV at least has great gameplay to make up for it.

Bought MGSV

Neither, both are trash.

Yakuza 5 is the answer.

tumblr_inline_mr8s5qbnEE1qz4rgp.gif

MGSV

don't go in expecting a great story, though. game is fuck as fuck to play.

Damn, fuck as fuck, huh? Can't beat an endorsement like that! But yeah, based on what I know a lot of the story is through found tapes/items etc; as an avid souls player, I'm fine with digging up the "lore" myself. Plus, the online seems pretty fun, anyways.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Top Bottom