• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Pizoxuat

As much as I enjoyed Stardust and the Ascension ruining Santino's Christmas, Sasha the Snowboss is the highlight of the night thus far.

Anth0ny

Damn, fuck as fuck, huh? Can't beat an endorsement like that! But yeah, based on what I know a lot of the story is through found tapes/items etc; as an avid souls player, I'm fine with digging up the "lore" myself. Plus, the online seems pretty fun, anyways.

Thanks for the suggestions.

oh god lol

talk about a back of the box quote right there

somedevil

So how are they gonna edit out the half empty stadium and sleepy crowd for a live smackdown?

The crowd has been pretty dead but the place looks pretty full on how they are shooting it.

Good triple threat match that Brooklyn deserves more than this crowd.

edit: Good lord that suplex to Dean. That looked like it sucked for Dean.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
That was a damn fun match, even though Owens almost killed Dean.

SmackDown is actually an easier watch than Raw. No 20 minute Triple H promos.

Anth0ny

That was a damn fun match, even though Owens almost killed Dean.

SmackDown is actually an easier watch than Raw. No 20 minute Triple H promos.

damn right it is

and if they let mauro ranallo commentate without someone in his ear micromanaging every single word he says that is going to be pretty great too

too bad it's not canon

RBH

Dzd7OnZ.gif

FE, are you ever going to buy Sumeragi or are you just going to keep being a wimp?

Simon Dean says Vince was a mega huge Boogeyman mark.

So that's why.

Remember when Boogeyman completely murdered JBL at Royal Rumble 2006 in about 5 minutes?

Edit: It was actually 1 minute and 54 seconds.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I've finished WCW NITRO in 1997.

The NWO Nitro half of the go home show to Starrcade remains one of the biggest WTF moments in this part of WCW. They had proof enough with Souled Out 1997 that no one wanted an NWO based show...so let's try it 11 months later, right as the biggest news in the history of wrestling to that point is breaking seemingly in your favor with Bret Hart showing up on the same show as the special guest referee on the match that determines the fate of Nitro.

The post Starcade show is really great though, with a night after Wrestlemania feel for the first and only time in the Nitro era. Good guys win. Though it is the first episode to start the annoying "let's start the main event at 11:00 and have it cut off 1/2 way through" trend that dominates 1998 Nitro.

The Fete Music Hall, a fav of Beyond Wrestling, is closing soon. Beyond Wrestling intends to send it out in style this Sunday:

*Dream Match*
Tommaso Ciampa vs. Donovan Dijak

*Strong Style Showdown*
Strong Style Thugs (Low Ki & Homicide) vs. Da Hit Squad (Danny “Mafia” Maff & Steve “Monsta” Mack)

*The Final Encounter*
Kimber Lee vs. Chris Dickinson

*Pick Your Poison*
Sami Callihan vs. Joey Janela

*Pick Your Poison*
Chris Hero vs. JT Dunn

*Fans Bring The Weapons*
Matt Tremont vs. Suge D

*TFT4 Rematch*
David Starr vs. Brian Fury

*Mystery Partner*
Matthew Riddle & ??? vs. “Cold Steel” Chuck O’Neil & “Dream Catcher” Eric Spicely

JavyOO7

So happy that the WM2000 my friend got on eBay for me works great so far. Since I can't find my copy of it this will do for now. So I'm pretty happy that I have all four AKI games in my collection again together.

I'm pretty much blasting my way through Road to Wrestlemania. Only have had one segment where there was dialog and that was due to Big Show interfering in a match I was in (I'm Austin).

Controls are as pure as I remember them. Just fun to play with all around.

Though maybe its my fuzzy memory but I prefer the World Tour single player way of beating the entire 'league' and then taking on the hidden wrestler at the end.

Hurts my soul (sorry for being dramatic) that this game and its sequel (No Mercy) weren't created today. I'd love to have the game stay exactly the same but updated rosters, movesets, and arenas every year forever. And also continuing to push the gameplay engine even further. To dream...

I also dusted off my PS2 so I'll play Fire Pro Returns eventually. May get a PS3 soon just to get that game in digital format and other games I've missed out on for that platform.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Undertaker is an asshole in WM2K. Nearly unstoppable. Counters everything.

The Vince McMahon cage fight is also surprisingly difficult unless you know the trick about cage matches.

He's also an asshole in DOR1/2.

So happy that the WM2000 my friend got on eBay for me works great so far. Since I can't find my copy of it this will do for now. So I'm pretty happy that I have all four AKI games in my collection again together.

I'm pretty much blasting my way through Road to Wrestlemania. Only have had one segment where there was dialog and that was due to Big Show interfering in a match I was in (I'm Austin).

Controls are as pure as I remember them. Just fun to play with all around.

Though maybe its my fuzzy memory but I prefer the World Tour single player way of beating the entire 'league' and then taking on the hidden wrestler at the end.

Hurts my soul (sorry for being dramatic) that this game and its sequel (No Mercy) weren't created today. I'd love to have the game stay exactly the same but updated rosters, movesets, and arenas every year forever. And also continuing to push the gameplay engine even further. To dream...

I also dusted off my PS2 so I'll play Fire Pro Returns eventually. May get a PS3 soon just to get that game in digital format and other games I've missed out on for that platform.
Just remember if you hold the title and don't win the Rumble then you get stripped of the title.

Top Bottom