• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So it looks like WWE might have listened or at least seem to be going forward with an angle after Tom Phillips had the shit beaten out of him by Steph, based on this WWE.com report:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/...lowing-stephanie-mcmahon-altercation-28410046

PicsArt%5B2%5D.jpg

In news that you do expect from me, NJPW has officially announced that Wrestle Kingdom 10 is, shockingly, sold out, with only standing room still available. This is pretty surprising considering New Japan's crowds have been steadily declining since June.

Yeah, that's why I was suggesting they were doing another "STEPHANIE GETS ARRESTED" angle - the whole Tom Phillips refuses to attend SmackDown suggested it. Steph slapping men isn't really new, but the number of times they've overdone it recently suggests to me that its part of an angle.

what exactly does sold out mean ? gimme the numbers

Boots can probably translate it better, but according to wrestlekingdom.jp, all seats in the Tokyo Dome are sold out, meaning about 50,000 seats. There is another 20,000 for standing room options so you can stand on the concourse or in the bleachers, those are much cheaper and the view isn't as good, and it's basically how many people you can shove in there.

Who has benefited from the Suzuki-gun invasion of NOAH this year? Has Marufuji? Has Suzuki? Have underneath Suzuki-gun guys like KES or Benjamin?

miserable

Boots can probably translate it better, but according to wrestlekingdom.jp, all seats in the Tokyo Dome are sold out, meaning about 50,000 seats. There is another 20,000 for standing room options so you can stand on the concourse or in the bleachers, those are much cheaper and the view isn't as good, and it's basically how many people you can shove in there.

i see. that's surprising, i thought they would barely get to 40000.

i see. that's surprising, i thought they would barely get to 40000.

It's a really good card, yes we get Tanahashi vs. Okada for the millionth time but it's always a quality match, AJ vs. Nakamura has the never-before-seen thing going for it, and you've got a really good undercard with ton of solid matches. I thought the huge number of gaijin in this match would weigh it down (six of the nine matches have at least one gaijin in them, with two matches being all-gaijin) but Anth0ny's post might have some merit, with a lot of foreigners coming in to watch the match, last year's event put Wrestle Kingdom on the map for foreign wrestling fans, so I can see many of them making the trek to Japan, much like many Europeans do to the US for Wrestlemania.

Menome

COMPETITION TIME

Friends, I got the Square-Enix Humble Bundle and there's a few duplicate items to give away:

STEAM-ONLY

• Life Is Strange: Episode 1
  • Murdered: Soul Suspect
  • Just Cause 1+2
  • PLUS: If you can Paypal me, I can gift Just Cause 3 at 20% off and Life Is Strange Episodes 2-5 at 33% off

Whomever sends me the best MS Paint drawing of Damien Sandow winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship gets the lot.

CLOSING DATE: MIDNIGHT GMT SATURDAY 26th DECEMBER

Sephzilla

COMPETITION TIME

Friends, I got the Square-Enix Humble Bundle and there's a few duplicate items to give away:

STEAM-ONLY

• Just Cause 1+2
  • PLUS: If you can Paypal me, I can gift Just Cause 3 at 20% off and Life Is Strange Episodes 2-5 at 33% off

Whomever sends me the best MS Paint drawing of Damien Sandow winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship gets the lot.

polar_white80.jpg

Because it's not happening

COMPETITION TIME

STEAM-ONLY

• Just Cause 1+2

Giving away the dollar tier shit and coupons, while pocketing the other stuff that's even remotely worth keeping? I know you're new to wrestling, Menome, but you've become such a masterful carny in such a short period of time, it's beautiful, friend.

No one ?

I was hoping that they would recall Suzuki-vin back to NJPW and send the bullet club to NOAH

Yeah, and that's not even getting into how NOAH has developed no one other than Marufuji, who can't draw anyway.

Where's Kitamiya at? Where's the boy, Jado? Where's Kitamiya? That's all I wanna know. Where's Kitamiya? Where the fuck is Kitamiya? Huh? Huh? Jado? Jado? Look at me! Where the fuck is Kitamiya? HUH?! Where the boy at, man?

Menome

Giving away the dollar tier shit and coupons, while pocketing the other stuff that's even remotely worth keeping? I know you're new to wrestling, Menome, but you've become such a masterful carny in such a short period of time, it's beautiful, friend.

All whilst trying to put over my one guy that nobody else wants over. I might as well take Vince McMahon's username now.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm pretty sure TNA unlocked the secret to immortality
TNA's ability to survive this long, despite not being a great product, is largely due to the vacuum of there still being no big number 2 promotion in America.

Since Dixie has been big on copying whatever's going on in WWE at the moment...another product that's not very hot, it's shit breeding off shit. If TNA could have kept up with that early momentum of quality wrestling, things in general would probably be a hell of a lot better overall in American promotions. A lot of what-ifs obviously with them, like Heyman running things with D Bry as one of their top stars.

Lucha Underground crushes everything else in the Americas. Wish they would promote in NA more.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lucha Underground seems like it should be bigger than it is. The production values and the booking alone are so different from WWE, and it's the closest wrestling has been to 'cool' since the NWO that I have to think it's just a matter of time before LU explodes. It's already done that on social media.

Mahonay

Banned
Lucha Underground seems like it should be bigger than it is. The production values and the booking alone are so different from WWE, and it's the closest wrestling has been to 'cool' since the NWO that I have to think it's just a matter of time before LU explodes. It's already done that on social media.
Yeah it's a shame that they aren't bigger. Their total package as a promotion is head and shoulders above anything else right now.

At least NXT is maintaining decent quality most of the time.

It'll explode the second they announce streaming and DVD, which is inevitable but would be better if people stop complaining daily about it not being there right this second

The priority was keeping the show going. Now that they have 2 more seasons guaranteed, they can work on figuring out deals

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All I see when I see Lucha Underground is potential money. You have all these well-booked, cool, colorful and unique characters that all I see is action figures, costumes, the blend of pro wrestling and modern super hero movies that WWE wishes they had.

Grave Consequences playset w/ Mil Muertes, Fenix Catrina, and a casket with spring loading action. Aerostar kids light up costume. Mask sales out the wazoo. It's like 80s GI Joe or Turtles or Transformers where I see tons of people all having different favorites instead of just THE guy. That's what I see.

Heel

COMPETITION TIME

STEAM-ONLY

• Just Cause 1+2

KzKik3E.jpg

somedevil

Dixie Carter is an amazing negotiator. Pop tv thinks they are getting 1.3 million in ratings.

They dwindle people,that don't know better

Well at least pop is not paying them to be on their network. The only money TNA gets is from advertisers.

Its funny right now the second biggest promotion is NXT which the WWE owns.

Top Bottom