• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

bjork

If you're watching wrestling just to hear good promos and you can handle MANime, the Fist of the North Star movie from the mid-80s is full of dope one-liners and exchanges.

Gonzalez

Banned
Kojima returning to AJPW with Nagata, Nakanishi & Tenzan in tow might not sound like the most exciting prospect, but hopefully they'll at least be able to sell out Korakuen now they've got a bit more star power.

klonere

Banned
Kojima returning to AJPW with Nagata, Nakanishi & Tenzan in tow might not sound like the most exciting prospect, but hopefully they'll at least be able to sell out Korakuen now they've got a bit more star power.

I guess the thing is if there will be enough young talent for them to put over while they get the crowds back in the door to have a viable 5 year future.

I really hope AJPW survives, even as a relative newbie to the scene it'd be very very sad to see such a venerable institution just disappear.

Gonzalez

Banned
I guess the thing is if there will be enough young talent for them to put over while they get the crowds back in the door to have a viable 5 year future.

I really hope AJPW survives, even as a relative newbie to the scene it'd be very very sad to see such a venerable institution just disappear.
But All Japan died back in early 2000 after the spilt.

JavyOO7

Also, a free WXW show on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBcTuUdbQ2o&feature=youtu.be

wXw Unified World Wrestling Championship: DER KÖNIG DER CATCHER Karsten Beck vs. RHYNO
Bullrope Match: BIG DADDY WALTER vs. THE AVALANCHE Robert Dreissker
THE VILLAIN Marty Scurll vs. AXEL DIETER JR.
THE BEAST FROM BELFAST Damian O'Connor vs. BAD BONES John Klinger
DA MACK vs. DER AKADEMIKER OHNE GNADE Julian Nero
ABSOLUTE ANDY & PROST vs. Massive JURN SIMMONS & REICH UND SCHÖN
First ever Ladies Match in the Markthalle: MELANIE GRAY vs. NIKKI STORM

removed unfortunately

O9TmE.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
I've heard good things, provided you're on a wired network.

I have my doubts with that, actually.

I download through AC at 24 megabytes per second (the max out of my internet connection) on my Mac Mini. It should perform even better over local Network. This thing also has AC wireless.

It either has the shittest wifi hardware ever, or people have the shittiest routers (my Asus is amazing). A wired connection would max out at 100mbit due to being behind a switch on my Network, so it shouldn't outperform the wireless connection in the slightest. We'll see.

man, the number of products that are based on "comfort" aka the consumer's laziness are staggering in 2015

Technology is supposed to make life easier, I'd say it's the entire purpose of most of the stuff out there.

If they can successfully get Kento Miyahara over as the top ace of the company they can hopefully sustain business until the next generation of rookies are ready to move up - there's currently two working on AJPW cards and a couple more who haven't debuted yet, iirc.

But All Japan died back in early 2000 after the spilt.

Pretty much. Akiyama's AJPW has more relation to Baba's AJPW than Mutoh or Shiraishi's did, but even so, in the minds of most old-school fans AJPW died a long time ago.

Nakanishi lol, dude can barely move. Also does this mean no Tencozy at WK?

Tenzan's almost in worse shape than Nakanishi these days, but Nakanishi works a lighter schedule and generally isn't expected to do as much as Tenzan still tries to do - it's painful watching Tenzan run the ropes, his knees are in such a state.

The old dudes working for AJPW next year won't stop any of them from appearing at WK, New Japan will want all their stars, young and old, on hand for the biggest show of the year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just ordered a Steam Link, it'll be interesting to see if it delivers.

Network-dependent. I even use it wirelessly and anything 2d is perfect. If you're trying to play new shit that's 3d, it'll give you artifacting even if you're on a great connection, wired and all that, but still playable.

But god knows there's plenty of dope-ass 2d games on Steam. Steam Link is my Binding of Isaac Afterbirth/Downwell/Pinball Arcade machine and it's the shit.

Menome

Caught up with last week's NXT and yeah, I'll eat some crow. Eva Marie put on her first good performance there. If she can keep that up, then she'll make a good Authority-backed heel.

Aiii

So not worth it
Network-dependent. I even use it wirelessly and anything 2d is perfect. If you're trying to play new shit that's 3d, it'll give you artifacting even if you're on a great connection, wired and all that, but still playable.

But god knows there's plenty of dope-ass 2d games on Steam. Steam Link is my Binding of Isaac Afterbirth/Downwell/Pinball Arcade machine and it's the shit.

Hm. That's somewhat disappointing, but I'm currently not running the best PC hardware (that's on the list of replacements for somewhere in 2016), so I'm not expecting too much.

And hey, at a price point where the device is pretty much the same as a new AAA game, who can complain?

rrc1594

Going through 2004 right now.

- Chris Benoit has a decent title run

- HHH looked like shit for his age WTF happen

-WTF was going on SD for Dudley Boyz Vs Taker is a Main Event lol

- Cena had a lot of build he didn't get a straight push to the top

- WWE did a good job of building Cena and Batista as their next top guys. Where is that WWE now?

-JBL is a boring character and it did feel from out of nowhere

a ROH title match at WK10?
whoaskedforthis.jpg

delirious.jpg

I watch modern wrestling wanting more action and less talking. Now I'm watching the classic stuff and all I want is the promos. I could spend all day today listening to the NWA interviews.

I would not want the proportionate equivalent of WWE programming dedicated to promos with this current crop of writers scripting promos for wrestlers.

JUST THE SHOT IN THE ARM AJPW NEEDS

Well, at least that means TenKoji isn't challenging for the tag belts any time soon. And Nagata gets at least some time and attention.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want Lesnar in any Triple Threat or multiman match.

Stupid as the match would be, Lesnar was incredible in the Cena/Rollins/Lesnar triple threat. One of my favorites.

Fox318

Stupid as the match would be, Lesnar was incredible in the Cena/Rollins/Lesnar triple threat. One of my favorites.

He was great but they had to take him out for over half the match.

And lets face it they made it a triple threat because they didn't want Cena to job.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He was great but they had to take him out for over half the match.

And lets face it they made it a triple threat because they didn't want Cena to job.

1: yeah, that's what you do
2: who gives a shit

Top Bottom