• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Fox318

POP's okay with seeing if ad revenue comes in. Like DA's deal, they're able to end things early if unsatisfied

TNA could realistically be kicked off a network in September for the third year in a row
Spike TV probably could have used them as a lead in to Bellator but I think they were done working with Dixie and Russo.

Gonzalez

Banned
Yeah been watching some Smoky Mountain including the Thrillseekers and Gangstas debuts. I have to wonder what the Rock n Roll express thought of Jericho/Storm using a top rope double dropkick as their finish. Also a surreal moment watching New Jack and Mustapha having a "traditional" wrestling match and no plunder being used.
New Jack is surprisingly very good. Reminds me of Dusty when he's working a straight wrestling match.

JavyOO7

All these feds WWE are adding on the network is fantastic, but... while I'm glad all these feds are there now are their network team going to actively be putting their television there or will wait for a year and a half like the case was for WCCW?

So what are the chances of a Nakamura vs Bryan macth?

Well the chances of Bryan wrestling again are low at best right now. And WWE would probably have to basically give a blank check to Nakamura to get him away from NJPW, unless he just really wants to be in WWE for some reason.

So don't get your hopes up at all, but it's not quite as impossible as it was six months ago.

Blue Pants wasnt actually cut off completely by WWE?

Dirt sheets lying to me?

I thought the story was that she had heat in NXT with other wrestlers because she got spots that other women who were there all the time didn't get while she just showed up whenever and got matches and screen time. I don't remember her having heat with the office or management, unless I'm forgetting something

Starting tonight (Dec 3) from 7 to 9 PM Eastern every Thursday night, TNA will stream the weekly TNA PPVs from the beginning on Youtube

Starting tonight (Dec 3) from 7 to 9 PM Eastern every Thursday night, TNA will stream the weekly TNA PPVs from the beginning on Youtube
I'm surprised they don't want to disassociate themselves from those shows because a lot of them were dreck and some were even offensive.

There's no fucking way Nakamura is going to jump to America at 36 and start wrestling a schedule that hurts one's body even more than Strong Style. And if he did, dude wouldn't go anywhere, because WWE would gut the weird cokehead fashion model gimmick and his amazingly marketable catchphrase.

Anth0ny

There's no fucking way Nakamura is going to jump to America at 36 and start wrestling a schedule that hurts one's body even more than Strong Style. And if he did, dude wouldn't go anywhere, because WWE would gut the weird cokehead fashion model gimmick and his amazingly marketable catchphrase.

giphyczk16.gif

Vince didn't even pay much for Bryan, you're out of your mind if you think he's paying much for Nakamura and Okada

Okada's last US dates ever are for ROH. TNA broke him. Nakamura loves Japan just as much as Okada and ain't leaving full-term unless they breaking the piggy bank on their knees with tears in eyes. Which they won't. Okada ain't leaving period, no matter the humiliation.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Lol the cute jobber who got beaten by Eva Maie is back looking exactly the same with a different name.

Wooow. Smoky Mountain Wrestling... they're adding all kinds of weird crap.

Still furious that every WCW show ever isn't up yet, though. >:O

They haven't even completed their own stuff yet. WWE Network will be 2 years old in February, and there's still ZERO episodes of RAW is WAR from the year 2000 on the Network.

is any of Macho Man's AWA/Continental stuff on the Network? Kind of surprised to realize Macho was already nearing his mid30s when he finally signed on with WWF.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fallout 4 is starting to feel like Raw to me.

like yeah I COULD watch it but I could also do other, more fun stuff with my free time.

Menome

Fallout 4 is starting to feel like Raw to me.

like yeah I COULD watch it but I could also do other, more fun stuff with my free time.

Aye, now that I've upgraded myself and my weapons to where I need them to be, I'm starting to feel the gameplay loop:

Go to place -> Kill everything in place -> Loot everything -> Lug it all back to Sanctuary -> Disassemble it all -> Make vegetable starch -> Go to new place

Nakamura in WWE? Please no. Unless it's a Liger-style one-off, that would be fine.

I haven't played Fallout for about a week. Like all Bethesda games, it reaches a point in the middle where the endless conveyor belt of not-particularly-interesting quests gets a bit much. I've been spending my gamez time getting the shit kicked out of my by Ludwig in The Old Hunters instead.

I really want to know how much cocaine Sid did. I know it was at least 5 line a night.

He had a great build though. And that fucking theme.

The fact that Vince knew who Tatyana Ali was is quite shocking. I wonder if he knows who Leonardo DiCaprio is.

Diesel v. Jarrett. Christ, this benadryl is kicking in.

Jamie OD

I watch modern wrestling wanting more action and less talking. Now I'm watching the classic stuff and all I want is the promos. I could spend all day today listening to the NWA interviews.

Recall

I watch modern wrestling wanting more action and less talking. Now I'm watching the classic stuff and all I want is the promos. I could spend all day today listening to the NWA interviews.

What I think everyone wants is everything done well.

Thrilling promos, exciting matches and captivating storylines it's just not possible for one promotion to have all those 3 at the same time.

LOL, dude seriously doesn't like Ospreay, he's a big Havoc fan apparently - there were a few die-hard Havoc supporters near me who kept chanting "WE WANT HAVOC!" during the main event, I find that sort of thing strange. Jimmy's one of my favourites, but I'd never cheer for him while he's trying to be a cunt, that just seems disrespectful to the work he puts in.

He was sat behind me when Ospreay won the title from Havoc, and he literally sat with his head in his hands the second Ospreay won, then left.

Also, a free WXW show on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBcTuUdbQ2o&feature=youtu.be

wXw Unified World Wrestling Championship: DER KÖNIG DER CATCHER Karsten Beck vs. RHYNO
Bullrope Match: BIG DADDY WALTER vs. THE AVALANCHE Robert Dreissker
THE VILLAIN Marty Scurll vs. AXEL DIETER JR.
THE BEAST FROM BELFAST Damian O'Connor vs. BAD BONES John Klinger
DA MACK vs. DER AKADEMIKER OHNE GNADE Julian Nero
ABSOLUTE ANDY & PROST vs. Massive JURN SIMMONS & REICH UND SCHÖN
First ever Ladies Match in the Markthalle: MELANIE GRAY vs. NIKKI STORM

So much talk about the wrestling you guys aren't enjoying in here as of late, how about watching something you do enjoy?

LOL, dude seriously doesn't like Ospreay, he's a big Havoc fan apparently - there were a few die-hard Havoc supporters near me who kept chanting "WE WANT HAVOC!" during the main event, I find that sort of thing strange. Jimmy's one of my favourites, but I'd never cheer for him while he's trying to be a cunt, that just seems disrespectful to the work he puts in.

Ospreay vs John Morrison at PCW is one of the best matches ive seen, the guy is awesome.

Ospreay vs John Morrison at PCW is one of the best matches ive seen, the guy is awesome.

Yeah, he's really improving at a crazy rate, plus all these big matches with international stars like Morrison, Styles, Sydal & Okada are showing his quality - hard to believe he's only 22. There's always going to be those that don't like that style though.

Also, a free WXW show on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBcTuUdbQ2o&feature=youtu.be

wXw Unified World Wrestling Championship: DER KÖNIG DER CATCHER Karsten Beck vs. RHYNO
Bullrope Match: BIG DADDY WALTER vs. THE AVALANCHE Robert Dreissker
THE VILLAIN Marty Scurll vs. AXEL DIETER JR.
THE BEAST FROM BELFAST Damian O'Connor vs. BAD BONES John Klinger
DA MACK vs. DER AKADEMIKER OHNE GNADE Julian Nero
ABSOLUTE ANDY & PROST vs. Massive JURN SIMMONS & REICH UND SCHÖN
First ever Ladies Match in the Markthalle: MELANIE GRAY vs. NIKKI STORM

Watching this later, Walter vs Dreissker should be fun - both guys are beasts. Marty vs Axel should be an amazing technical match as well, looking forward to it.

Man HHH is one of those people who look weird without facial hair.

Yep. No matter how ripped he is, he's always got a fat face with double chins. Look at his heel run in 2002 when he was trying really hard to be Ric Flair. Steroided out of his mind, but still flabby face.

rrc1594

Yep. No matter how ripped he is, he's always got a fat face with double chins. Look at his heel run in 2002 when he was trying really hard to be Ric Flair. Steroided out of his mind, but still flabby face.

That is what I'm watching right now. He looks like an asshole. He's Leather Jacket look will always be his best

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty much how I feel as well. The ring work is whatever, but the promos... That's gold.

klonere

Banned
enuhito(English) ‏@enuhito_eng 2h2 hours ago
Breaking

Jun Akiyama has provoked 3rd generation of NJPW.

Nagata, Nakanshi, and Tencozy will come to AJPW⁉️

JUST THE SHOT IN THE ARM AJPW NEEDS

Zach

Ha! I'm watching this Mid-South 3/15/86 episode and the commentator straight up says about Blade Runner Rock (Ultimate Warrior) "not only is he huge and muscular, he seems to be a little bit deranged -- could be the steroid effect."

thefro

ARxt8jK.gif

That might have been my favorite squash match ever on NXT.

Not going to happen, but Joe in one of the big match slots at Wrestlemania (against Cena or Lesnar) seems to be a lot better than their other options at this point with all the folks out injured.

I figure between NXT fans, people who have watched TNA before, indie wrestling fans, etc he'd get a pretty good reaction from the start.

Also James Storm could help the main roster's midcard and put some people over.

Top Bottom