• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

Lupercal

Banned
Dare I say....Eva-esque?

9OF4hs7.gif

Queen Eva still making more than the NXT callups I'd reckon.
So she wins.

bjork

People calling my dad and he's like "I'm going to a funeral right now." Then they go, "Oh. Well, I need this and this and this right now." He's got way more patience than me, I wouldn't even answer.

klonere

Banned
Joey Styles has been having a meltdown on twitter over the last few days (months really). Really makes it feel like WWE is in full siege "us and them" mentality or at least some of it is.

We should invite him to post in here! He'd fit right in.

Mahonay

Banned
Joey Styles has been having a meltdown on twitter over the last few days (months really). Really makes it feel like WWE is in full siege "us and them" mentality or at least some of it is.

Joey Styles is a crazy right wing nut. He fits right in at the E.

I love him for his commentary but fuck Joey Styles

Owens will go postal to get his title back.

I said in my head that KO is about to go to heel jobber after losing like that

Yeah, that's kind of what it feels like. IC champion to Raw opener and loser in a 15-second match. I feel like Owens is one of those guys who can help push WWE back up, but they're reluctant to let anyone go hard who can't be a babyface.

Yeah, that's kind of what it feels like. IC champion to Raw opener and loser in a 15-second match. I feel like Owens is one of those guys who can help push WWE back up, but they're reluctant to let anyone go hard who can't be a babyface.
Vince needs competition bad lol. Billion Dollar Ted should get back in business 💩

bjork

He would get permed in a political thread and then there'd be like LoeyStyles and MoeyStyles and StroeyStyles in here

thefro

It's weird that Banks/Lynch had a sloppy match since they've had 3-4 matches thus far on TV that got 10 min or so between Smackdown and Main Event that all seemed pretty crisp and legit got the crowds into it by the end. Also a couple shorter matches on Raw. Maybe just nerves since the crowd wasn't into it and it was an important match for them?

I think it was probably counter-productive to have Sasha heel on the smarky crowd since Becky isn't over enough as a babyface to take advantage of it.

They basically need to reboot the division at this point since the booking has been a complete clusterfuck for the most part.

I'm pretty sure Joe is making that money as well or at least something close to it.

But yeah the pay for pretty much everyone else sounds quite bad. Moreso the lack of cut from gates/merch etc.

Breaking Ground does suggest there's some base level of super-shit pay for trainees on a deal with some bumps in pay possible (Jax got a raise once she debuted on TV, Apollo Crews got a bump to the max on the pay scale since he is one of their main eventers in NXT).

bjork

Also can some explain to me the CM Punk chants? I know he is iconic to a lot of fans of this era, but they just seem stupid at this point.

WWE fucked up when they acknowledged that crowd at the Raw after WM a year or two ago, is the short explanation. That crowd might've been a good one on that specific night, but in general WWE crowds are not.

Aiii

So not worth it
Also can some explain to me the CM Punk chants? I know he is iconic to a lot of fans of this era, but they just seem stupid at this point.

It's just a thing to chant instead of "Fuck You." I think it's respectable the fans are willing to think along with WWE in this PG era.

DMczaf

I never take them as "We actually want Punk back" chants but more like "This is so boring, we are going to annoy you for boring us with stupid shit" chants.

jred2k

January Wrasslin' |OT| We Only Talk About Crowds

Has anybody here ever watched the movie "Backyard Dogs". I watched it last night and there wasn't one thing redeeming about it. Frankie Kazarian was in it too.

Del Rio has a stupid ass get pumped before finisher chant too? Jesus christ, this stuff is so lame when EVERYONE does it. I guess this is more of the WWE trying so hard to make the crowd into it with stupid moves.

The Brogue Kick is also the lamest thing since the leg drop and Tito's flying forearm. At least when the Rock did his People's Elbow it done with some spectacle to it.

bjork

Del Rio has a stupid ass get pumped before finisher chant too? Jesus christ, this stuff is so lame when EVERYONE does it. I guess this is more of the WWE trying so hard to make the crowd into it with stupid moves.

The Brogue Kick is also the lamest thing since the leg drop and Tito's flying forearm. At least when the Rock did his People's Elbow it done with some spectacle to it.

psst

that was stupid too

bjork

Oh it was, but at least the crowd was into it. No one seems to give a damn when Del Rio & Sheamus do it.

I wonder who the first guy was to charge up? I mean, dudes always had poses for their finishers, like Hulk doing the lift motion or whatever, but I want to say (in WWF/E at least) HBK is the first I recall charging up.

Striker

Oh it was, but at least the crowd was into it. No one seems to give a damn when Del Rio & Sheamus do it.
They chant Si Si and they chant 1! 2! 3! 4!, etc when Sheamus did/does his forearm clubs when his opponent is hanging off the apron.

The fans nowadays will chant for anything. Look how over We The People was and that was for a heel duo between Jack Swagger and Zeb.

Caderfix

Welp, that RAW was more of the same except Big Match Jahn is back.

I want Dean and Roman to go away and Rollins to come back. And Steph is the worst, btw.

I've watched WK9 and that was pretty good. That was the first time I watched NJPW and it was very enjoyable. Tomohiro Ishii vs. Togi Makabe was intense as fuck.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Haven't seen Raw. I'm hearing that Sasha and Becky had a 30 minute match and didn't tear the house down. I'm sorry but I find that very hard to believe. Sasha vs Becky from Takeover Unstoppable is still my favourite WWE match this year.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's not too late to save yourselves. You can vote for Meiko or Zeuxis for best female performer instead

oh wait sunny didn't include a non-wwe female option in the polls because he's part of the problem

Top Bottom