• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

somedevil

Haven't seen Raw. I'm hearing that Sasha and Becky had a 30 minute match and didn't tear the house down. I'm sorry but I find that very hard to believe. Sasha vs Becky from Takeover Unstoppable is still my favourite WWE match this year.

It depends who you talk to. I've seen people who really enjoyed it and people who called it boring. There is no in between right now for opinions on the match. The crowd didn't help the match at all as well.

Perhaps you missed this:

You know botches happen in a lot of matches and the match still can be good right?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Haven't seen Raw. I'm hearing that Sasha and Becky had a 30 minute match and didn't tear the house down. I'm sorry but I find that very hard to believe. Sasha vs Becky from Takeover Unstoppable is still my favourite WWE match this year.

The match never goddamn ended and 50% of it was holds and there were a ton of botches.

In fairness, I think some of the other matches got BORING chants too.

Did yall watch Rizin?
vlcsnap-2012-11-15-16h25m32s128.png

More importantly, did yall see Saku's soul get consumed?

Yeah.

Poor Sakuraba, victimized by shitty reffing.

Menome

I'm a Becky-mark myself, plus I like Sasha too and I have to admit that this wasn't a great match for either of them unfortunately.

Shadow780

Someone should gif the slap Sasha gave Becky and it took her 2 seconds to react and start selling the slap.

The duo was not in sync last night, it's super weird to watch it live. I think the way ppl are talking about it actually speaks volume for their quality of work.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I do, but that is a bad botch. And it wasn't the only one from the match.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they've had a lot of great matches and neither performer is bad. I'll just chalk it up to WWE randomly deciding to throw Sasha and Becky out there for 20+ min. without any kind of plan to fill out the 3 hours. I honestly don't know that there's a lot of guys on the roster who can do that spur of the moment. The biggest problem was how much of it was rest holds.

The bigger problem is that they brought Vince McMahon out to deliver a Roman's Raw Recap™ and then do nothing else except take a funny mugshot.

The women's match was "off" but it all is still right in the world because it ended with a roll up.

I'm pretty sure with all the recent injuries HGH is going to be even more popular. Isn't that one of the things its best at helping, recuperation back from injury into pre-injury shape?

It's a screencap from the Observer website lol, Meltz wrote it.

Yeah and Triple H was heavy on it for a good while when he came back from the quad injury which IIRC is what lead to his Triple HGH nickname.

Angry Grimace

Yup

He has too much money at stake to risk his hgh fueled body working in a fake sports match.

Way late to this conversation, but given that the Rock fired his last agent because they wouldn't let him wrestle or do anything associated with wrestling, I can't imagine that's actually a problem.

"I was told that I had to conform to a standard in Hollywood that would beget me more work, better roles," he explains. "Which meant I had to stop going to the gym, which meant I couldn't be as big, which meant you had to distance yourself from wrestling. You essentially had to deconstruct yourself."

For a while, he says, he bought into that, in part because he did not have the high-level industry contacts he could turn to for advice. "Then that started to not feel good to me. It reached a point of, 'I'm not feeling authentic.' "

"After [2010's] Tooth Fairy," says Garcia, "we recognized that Dwayne was moving away from his core of who he was."

First they changed publicists. But it was only after a long telephone conversation with Garcia and business manager Howard Altman in 2011 that Johnson realized he had to go further. The real turnaround came after CAA put together Johnson's Fast Five deal, when he debated returning to the ring for the first time in years, a move his representatives at CAA strongly cautioned against. (He would do so in April 2011 for WrestleMania XXVII.) That was when he bolted.

tm24

Dang this card looks rad
EQR3lUl.jpg
Oh man, Hechicero and Barbaro can easily be the most amazing rudo tag team in mexico
I don't know much about Caralucha promotions Data West, could you elaborate a bit about that show?
While not Data West, i can answer that question. Caralucha is one of the bigger mexican indie promotions alongside probably The Crash and Chillangamask. Mexican indies work a little different in that they're not promotions but more like brandings. The thing with Mexican indies is that theyre still tied to the big guys in AAA and CMLL and often like booking the indy guys vs the empressas/the big business guys. They choose a promotion to team up with and match them up with indie wrestlers and basically give the big guys an extra payday. Caralucha is one of the bigger Mexico City indies. A lot of the indies also team up with local businesses in order to drive up business for either the guys behind the promotions or people they like. For example Caralucha often has a restaurant selling food outside when they do tent shows and now the Caralucha guys themselves have a restaurant

Dragon Celta is actually pretty good for a young guy who just debuted in mexico city

Oh I'm sure, I just like the hilarious contrast of a bunch of evil clown types and the one classic lucha dude. Appreciate the explanation tm24. I really need to get to a lucha show next time I'm in Mexico.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Friends, I can feel my desire to watch wrestling wane by the week. I mean in general, not 'It's WWE's fault'. I'm struggling to even watch 2002 indies, but then some of them are terrible.

Top Bottom