• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| Sinacember to Remember

GOTTA GO FAST
tumblr_o03kcoEFVy1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif
Becky Lynch is so orange Tails is jealous.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm no pencil neck nerd.

I'm a Warrior

*snorts*

I have no interest in random foreign promotions, I just don't.

Its the same way I don't have any interest in seeing the live-action Attack on Titan adaptation and whether the most recent Marvel movie sucked isn't gonna change my mind.

Come at me brothers.

I have no interest in random foreign promotions, I just don't.

Its the same way I don't have any interest in seeing the live-action Attack on Titan adaptation and whether the most recent Marvel movie sucked isn't gonna change my mind.

Come at me brothers.
You're not the only one, I tried it with the older generations but it still didn't click to be. Wwe is then, now, and forever with me.

So they finally gave the women (because of the split roster) decent amount of time and that match just bombed. Part of it was the sloppiness which is very surprising coming from these ladies. The flow of the match was just off, and there's no character investment or storyline that made ppl care. Crowd tried to get behind with a few chants but at the end BORING started happening.

Yeah I was super excited to see 2 great wrestlers have a match again but Becky seemed really off. Match was slower than their previous ones and there were a number of botches and weird impacts.

Sucks because they were finally given plenty of time too :(

I decided to read Dave Meltzer's Brian Pillman write up after his DVD was released in 2006 when I saw this gem about Kevin Nash when talking about the yearly Pillman tribute shows they did:

At the 2000 show, Kevin Nash showed up. He was not scheduled to wrestle due to rehabbing a recent knee surgery. Nash proceeded to get extremely drunk. He announced he'd write a $20,000 check to the donation pool if Missy Hyatt got in the ring and showed her tits to everybody. Hyatt, who attended every Pillman tribute show, quickly remarked that there were a lot of children at the show (including Pillman's own) and seemed disturbed the idea was even suggested. At the show, Nash agreed to write the check anyways, but later on sobered up and refused.

Menome

Demote Becky back to the beginners class!

Then get rid of her.

I dunno...that move normally ends up with the receiver falling back on to the floor. Looks like Becky hit it expecting Sasha to go down, except Sasha stumbled for a second of no-selling.

If Sasha had fallen down, Becky's sudden halt would've looked more natural and she would have likely held her position. As it is, you can see that brief moment where she realises what's happened and continues the run to try and make up for it.

I think this one was all down to Miss Banks.

Gonzalez

Banned
Having sklba dominating this thread reminds me of having Gonzalez around. It sucked then and it sucks now.

Is it March yet? - Recent DVDVR forum post

giphy.gif

I MADE YOUR FUCKING TOURNAMENT, YOU UNGRATEFUL PIECES OF SHIT!

Menome

COMPETITION WINNER

The winner of the following selection of high-end prizes:

• Life Is Strange: Episode 1
  • Murdered: Soul Suspect
  • Just Cause 1+2
  • PLUS: If you can Paypal me, I can gift Just Cause 3 at 20% off and Life Is Strange Episodes 2-5 at 33% off

Is Heel, because he chose to believe in the magic of Sandow:

In the runner-up position is Sephzilla because he's a :micdrop:

polar_white80.jpg

Because it's not happening

Thanks to both people who participated. Heel, PM me for your rewards or I can donate them to a charity-case of your choice.

Caderfix

COMPETITION WINNER

The winner of the following selection of high-end prizes:

Thanks to both people who participated. Heel, PM me for your rewards or I can donate them to a charity-case of your choice.

And just like that Sandow was booked to win the Rumble.

UberTag

The 4th Annual Carnies are up.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1mtP05B5DqpP_IdGkoSkCh5R2iODf4sCtVWo9AxJaz50/viewform

Enjoy the shorter format this year! More focused.
I did my part and voted. Appreciate the shorter format, too. Nice work!

That best heel category was a difficult choice.
It was an easy choice once I could rationalize voting for Owens as Best Heel while giving Rollins his due props for Wrestler of the Year. Hell, I even surprised myself by voting for Lucha Underground in one category. All of the Best Heel finalists got some love from me on this ballot (Naito for Most Improved, Pentagon Jr. for Legit Shook Moment and The Boss for both Women's Wrestler of the Year and Best WWE Match of the Year).

Menome

And just like that Sandow was booked to win the Rumble.

There's got to be a reason he wasn't given screen-time with that Miz TV segment. All the better a surprise when he gets announced and wins of course.

Real talk: He won't win. Won't even be Top 5. I do expect him to make an appearance though.

klonere

Banned
I didn't vote Naito most improved - the matches I watched going back he was still pretty great in ring its just his whole character was not clicking on any level.

On the other hand: Datazord's description of Mil Muertes puts him basically coming from a really bad run in TNA, doing nothing in Mexico to being the top heel and arguably the main antagonist in Lucha Underground, a show that completely revamped the way wrestling can be presented. He was also involved in many many memorable matches, two of which are MOTY candidates. That seems like a much bigger improvement on every single possible level rather than Naito who has yes, definitely gotten better in the ring but more as a result of his character work.

TL;DR Mil Muertes improved vastly in every possible area, Naito improved vastly in one

shanafan

After watching Breaking Ground I firmly believe Breeze was only called up so they could show it as part of the finale. Even Neville got more attention when he was called up.

I like Tyler Breeze, but I see him coming into the Rumble as entry like #3-#10, and getting eliminated by superstar who cleans house quickly.

OR.. this could happen!

PXdh0O8.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
That wasn't 3 stars. I'd give it 2.

Hell, I'd even go so far and to say the Eva Marie match was more fun, more interesting and overall easier a 3-star effort than the one she had with related-to-Rock.

That wasn't 3 stars. I'd give it 2.

Hell, I'd even go so far and to say the Eva Marie match was more fun, more interesting and overall easier a 3-star effort than the one she had with related-to-Rock.

Well, sure. Eva Marie can carry just about anyone on the roster to a good match. Even Bayley.

Menome

¡HarlequinPanic!;190783734 said:
no surprise to see a woman only named by a man she is related to by the people here~

Unlike The Rock's Cousin, and The Rock's Nephews and everyone else tangentially related to The Rock that also gets called "The Rock's [...]" here.

She's Nia Jax, we know. For what it's worth, I think it's a cool name in and of itself. But as long as someone, male or female, is related in some manner to The Rock, it's the going thing to refer to them as "The Rock's [...]" a lot of the time, because it's making fun of the incessant use of it at times in the past by promos and the commentary team.

klonere

Banned
She also did many many headbutts in the Bayley match so they aren't shying away from that part of the whole Samoan shtick.

Nia did pretty good for someone who is insanely green. I think her Samoan Drop looks better than Reigns! I just wonder wtf they do with her now, the defeated monster heel is a hard thing to pivot off of in any situation.

it's a shitty practice and not nearly as clever as the people doing it think it is. But like, I ain't gonna shit on your parade fellas, carry on~

Menome, I checked out those Sandow matches that you referred me to a few weeks back btw. I really liked the tables match with Sheamus.

Hex

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;190783734 said:
no surprise to see a woman only named by a man she is related to by the people here~

Knighting in a wrassling thread, what a world.
Nia Jax was brought in as the Rock's cousin in press releases, and she got a rub because of that. She will make her own way or she won't and will make her own name or she won't.
People still call Roman Reign the Rock's cousin, same with the Uso's and they have accomplished a whole lot more than this new comer has.
Not everything is about someone getting treated differently because someone having a vagina, so while there are plenty of corners of GAF where those kind of heroics will get you a pat on the back and a there there it is seriously not needed in this case.

She also did many many headbutts in the Bayley match so they aren't shying away from that part of the whole Samoan shtick.

Nia did pretty good for someone who is insanely green. I think her Samoan Drop looks better than Reigns! I just wonder wtf they do with her now, the defeated monster heel is a hard thing to pivot off of in any situation.

I think she already pulls off the monster heel better than Tamina in a shorter amount of time and will only get better

Top Bottom